Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page glassjaw
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.19.2006, 02:05 PM   #1
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i'm listening to 'everything you ever wanted to know about silence' for the first time, and this is some of the most intense shit, i have EVER heard. 'worship and tribute' is a great album too.
anyone else like glassjaw?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2006, 02:09 PM   #2
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Worship and Tribute is decent. I don't listen to it willingly, though.
Old 05.19.2006, 06:05 PM   #3
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
'everything you ever wanted to know about silence' is muuuuch more heavy and angry
Old 05.19.2006, 08:03 PM   #4
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Glassjaw is one of my favorite bands of all time. I got Everything you Ever Wanted to Know About Silence when I was in 8th grade and it scared the shit out of me. It might be one of the most intense albums ever. I got to see them play twice and I can honestly say they are in the top 5 best bands I have ever seen live. Worship and Tribute is in my top 5 favorite albums ever also. I wish Darrel Pulambo would focus on Glassjaw instead of his other projects.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2006, 08:41 PM   #5
finding nobody
invito al cielo

yeah, head automatica is okay. but i'm not sure that anything else he'll do can top the gj.
did you hear that they have all different members now expept for darrel?
Old 05.19.2006, 10:33 PM   #6
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i saw em live once a long time ago. they were good.
Old 05.19.2006, 11:35 PM   #7
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Did Darrel kick everybody out? I remember hearing about two years ago that the band had all the tracks done for a new album and all that was left was for the vocal tracks but it never got done. When I saw them in 2003 they played a new song. I think it was called Natural Born Farmer or somthing like that.
Old 05.20.2006, 12:05 AM   #8
finding nobody
invito al cielo

i'm not sure.
they released an itunes exclusive ep in 2005. im trying to download it now off of soulseek
Old 05.21.2006, 07:44 AM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
they're really really good.

great lyrics, great music, kinda strange band, wrote some really epic progressive songs, really creative smart band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 12:35 PM   #10
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i like that cosmopolitan blood loss song, and pretty much nothing else really, i have worship and tribute and i think it's very boring.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 09:26 PM   #11
John Violence
the end of the ugly

A friend of mine just showed me a CD they did before Everything you ever wanted to know about silence. One of the songs has the beginning part of Pink Roses in it. It was a pretty cool CD.
Old 05.21.2006, 09:32 PM   #12
finding nobody
invito al cielo

www.glassjaw.net has some pretty old videos
Old 06.01.2006, 11:55 PM   #13
finding nobody
invito al cielo

im kinda sad that none of the same people are in the group exept darrel. i love all of the instrumentation in their music
Old 06.02.2006, 01:14 AM   #14
John Violence
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
im kinda sad that none of the same people are in the group exept darrel. i love all of the instrumentation in their music

Agreed. Listen to their CD's and you can hear so many guitar tracks overlayed. I swear I hear somthing new everytime I listen to their stuff.
Old 06.03.2006, 02:03 AM   #15
finding nobody
invito al cielo

i'll have to pay attention more, i never noticed that.

i just love how the intruments are all over the place and not in any "key"
Old 06.03.2006, 02:43 AM   #16
John Violence
the end of the ugly

I remember when I saw them play at the Warped tour in 2002 the band next to them was going over their time and one of the guitarists of Glassjaw just started playing solos over their songs. It was super funny.
Old 06.03.2006, 02:55 AM   #17
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't really heard much of their music, but a band that is influenced by Bad Brains and Vision of Disorder sounds good to me.
Old 05.07.2010, 05:36 AM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence was one of my favorite albums when I was 14. GReat band, really. Still hold up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_61lPWRENw

newish song, "you think you're john fucking lennon", awesome, definitely one of the best they've done. better than most of the shit out there.

i mean, it's not that new, it's from 2008, but eh, the new album will probably never come out so..

Old 05.07.2010, 01:26 PM   #19
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Can't get past the vocals.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2010, 08:15 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I admit, the vocals are absolutely ridiculous sometimes, seems like the dude wanted to be Mike Patton sometimes, a hardcore screamo dude sometimes, and Frank Zappa, or something, other times. It's definitely unique, takes some getting used to, and he sings way too much, and it's always mixed above the music, but he always hits the right notes in the powerful, emotional choruses, and the music is actually incredible, lots of interesting little things going on, 40-tracked guitars playing all kinds of weird shit. Bands this creative and interesting are rarely ever successful, gotta give em props.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth