Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unpopular Musical Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2011, 12:55 PM   #1841
diegobra
little trouble girl

diegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The only thing Mike Patton has done that was of any interest to me at all in his entire music career was curate that Ennio Morricone compilation called Crime and Dissonance...... what a great fucking compilation......

I still cannot fucking believe I am posting on a board where people gush over Avril fucking Lavigne. What next, a Justin Beiber thread?

The Cure, Johnny Cash, The Clash, The Smiths/Morrissey, Feist, Broken Social Scene, Cat Power..... all pretty shitty........

Deathklok and any other ironic metal bullshit is worthy of a kick in the balls........

Crime and Dissonance compilation was curate by Alan Bishop of Sun City Girls
diegobra is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2011, 12:58 PM   #1842
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Dethklok!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2mY2h1XLA
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2011, 01:35 PM   #1843
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Early Cure demos are better than most everything else they've done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmoFgi2EB9c
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 03:35 PM   #1844
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Must we go through this? She's got an amazing voice. She's like the Anti-Cave.

"She" being Avril.

Just found out Nick Cave may actually agree with you.

A few years ago, apparently, he won some MOJO bullshit award. They asked him if he wanted anyone in particular to give him the award at the ceremony. He said Avril, and showered praise on her. They said she wasn't MOJO enough, so someone else gave it. I forget who.

Bunny Munroe's fascination with her "pussy" in Cave's second novel led me to believe he didn't much respect her, but I guess the truth is he likes her music a lot.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 03:46 PM   #1845
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Music that makes you "cringe" is actually touching something inside you that you hate or hide about yourselv es
interesting thought
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 04:47 PM   #1846
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The only thing Mike Patton has done that was of any interest to me at all in his entire music career was curate that Ennio Morricone compilation called Crime and Dissonance...... what a great fucking compilation......

I still cannot fucking believe I am posting on a board where people gush over Avril fucking Lavigne. What next, a Justin Beiber thread?

The Cure, Johnny Cash, The Clash, The Smiths/Morrissey, Feist, Broken Social Scene, Cat Power..... all pretty shitty........

Deathklok and any other ironic metal bullshit is worthy of a kick in the balls........

Johnny Cash is the definition of badass.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 05:40 PM   #1847
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The Cure, The Clash, The Smiths, Cat Power..... all pretty shitty........
the fuck?
Old 10.13.2011, 05:52 PM   #1848
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
The Smiths are the worst.
Old 10.13.2011, 06:04 PM   #1849
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
The Smiths are the worst.
only thing i hate is their fans tbh
Old 10.13.2011, 07:16 PM   #1850
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
The Who sucks.

Led Zeppelin sucks.

Kurt Cobain was a bad lyricist and guitarist.

Coldplay's not bad.

Tupac sucks.

REM sucks.

Radiohead sucks at least 30% of the time.

Beck's best album is Information.

the Sex Pistols sucked.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 07:20 PM   #1851
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
The Who sucks.

Led Zeppelin sucks.

Kurt Cobain was a bad lyricist and guitarist.

Coldplay's not bad.

Tupac sucks.

REM sucks.

Radiohead sucks at least 30% of the time.

Beck's best album is Information.

the Sex Pistols sucked.
The Who suck and you like Beck.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 07:25 PM   #1852
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Coldplay's not bad.

Tupac sucks.
why do you want to die today though?
Old 10.13.2011, 07:53 PM   #1853
louder
invito al cielo

- early 80's hardcore punk > '77 punk
- bands i can't stand: Pearl Jam, RHCP, Oasis, Dream Theater, Muse
- In Rainbows is not boring, it's a wonderful album
- Lady Gaga used to be dope (Born This Way sucks tho)
- EarlWolf pisses on a few tracks from WTT
Old 10.18.2011, 04:10 PM   #1854
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
This Heat are a way more interesting a band than The Fall. The Fall have many shit songs on any of their albums, but seem to survive this myth of being the coolest out of a few Mark E Smith's rants, not any tangible musical worth. Rants which are funny, sometimes, but often tedious drunk drivel.
Old 10.18.2011, 04:33 PM   #1855
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
People who think they like the Fall don't. I am the only person alive who truly understands their genius.

Plus This Heat are CRAP and Herr Death smells of BOTH BUMS AND WEE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 04:37 PM   #1856
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
People who think they like the Fall don't. I am the only person alive who truly understands their genius.

Ahh...yer drunk aren't ya?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 04:44 PM   #1857
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:

Plus This Heat are CRAP and Herr Death smells of BOTH BUMS AND WEE.
I like The Fall. That's why I'm right and you'e wrong.
Old 10.18.2011, 04:47 PM   #1858
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

No, wait, this is all about Fall fanboys being better than anything because you don't really get them. Better than SY fanboys. Yawn.
Old 10.18.2011, 04:52 PM   #1859
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
You don't really get either fanboys though. You're always going on about how fanboys were better in their earlier period, when a true fanboyfanboy knows they were better in the middle period, before the tiaras came in.

And I'm sober. SOBER, damn you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2011, 04:53 PM   #1860
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Fall fans are narrow-minded. Another unpopular music opinion that I feel like throwing your way. They won't go any further than comedy or listening to classical music and hating guitars. Like it's a real deal to do that.
83909192 93 949596 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth