Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston about Avril Lavigne
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.24.2009, 04:51 AM   #81
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
what sort of shirt is he wearing in above picture?

i don't know... but isn't very "christian"!!...ohh! thanks slavo.
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 06:48 AM   #82
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i
i still havent gotten much into black metal, but theres been an interest.

i know what you're saying, i'd also love to listen to some fucked-up lo-fi black weirdness, but the thing that puts me off is that satanic crap naturally linked to this genre. so, yeah.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 07:22 AM   #83
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
it does get super fucking silly.

have you heard of "Unblack Metal"?

THAT is silly.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.24.2009, 08:00 AM   #84
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
no...i have not. is this a band or genre?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unblack_metal

just plain silly. guys with corpsepaints and axes and shit praising God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4Wx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_jYH...eature=related

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.24.2009, 08:50 AM   #85
_slavo_
invito al cielo

but that unblack ... it's like next level cheesiness, another dimension of nonsense or something.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.24.2009, 03:31 PM   #86
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I really do believe that the more SY have tried to gravitate towards a more lyric-centred/'mature' styles of songwriting, the more they've shown that the band really lacks a good songwriter. The thing that always drew me to SY in the beginning was their riffs and the overal sonic architecture of their songs. The lyrics were always buried within that and I atleast tended not to take too much notice of them. The more they've been pushed to the fore the more evident it is (to me anyway) that words really aren't SY's strong suit - and maybe Thurston's least of all - and I think that a 'singer/songwriter' style acoustic album from Thurston would only confirm that.

I agree. I think their lyrics are sometimes pretty interesting, but they never strike me as mind blowing or very poetic. They even sometimes make me laugh because of really obvious or stupid rhymes.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2011, 06:43 PM   #87
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
let go is a fine album, and i'd stand by that statement in any court of law.

Let Go is the album of her's that I absolutely can't get enough of. If it wasn't for that album, I wouldn't be anywhere near as big of a fan, and I certainly wouldn't be partially obsessed with her - no matter how bangin' she is.

Avril isn't uber-omgz-bite-it-u-skumz-punk, but she is an immensely talented singer, who can certainly hit a wider range of notes than Kim Gordon (...just sayin'), that was promoted worldwide as a tomboyish, down-to-earth alternative to Britney Spears, and the like. If we're critiquing her as a mere pop culture entity, Avril Lavigne is quite possibly the most processed punk persona of all time. She's a pop diva, and therefore must be viewed in an entirely different respect - not amongst Punky Brewster and the like.

Avril is certainly a punk by material girl standards. She's about as punk as a corporate media product can get. Remember her neck tie and bondage pants gimmick? This is a girl who writes her own songs too. So what if she's a hot young girl, and her music is aimed specifically at very early teens? Isn't that what punk started off as? Rebellious youth seeking an alternative? When you're jail baiting a mohawked teen in the sweaty restroom of your favorite venue - are you not getting off on just how punk she (he?) is - despite the probable lack of sincerity in their DIY values?

Sorry that you're old now Thurston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
i don't care what anyone says about Avril, i'd still bang her regardless.

I'd drop fat skrilla to be her chamber boi.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2011, 11:10 PM   #88
flashlight69
bad moon rising

flashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's asses
the point is sonic youth is a independent "real" band.
avril lavigine is a chanteuse. beside that i really like most of her stuff.i have many youthful memorys with undermyskin.
and shit its a fucking shame that she never will sleep in the bed beside me.
flashlight69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2011, 08:37 PM   #89
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
God damn....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugW5N...eature=related

DAT VOICE.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2011, 10:23 AM   #90
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight69
i have many youthful memorys with undermyskin.

is this code for beating off to her while in your youth?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth