Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page If Hendrix Had continued to Live Would He have still used Drugs?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.14.2006, 09:51 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Just a question i was thinking about.....

I mean were there any signs of Hendrix slowing down his drug intake towards the end, maybe not taking as much as say in 67 or 68 or maybe he just said later on he might start backing off ?

Im just kind of curious cause i look at a fellow musician from the 60s (clapton) that stopped his heavy drug use during the 70s. Would Hendrix have turned his back on his wild innovative noise experiments with music or would he have gone out even farther?

What do you all think?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2006, 09:57 PM   #2
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Well I don't know about the drugs part. But it seemed like he was heading in a funkier jazzier direction. He had plans to record an album with Miles Davis. Which would have been fucking amazing, probably. I bet that would have been experimental as fuck, and i mean FUCK! Since it would been in between the time Miles was doin Bitches Brew and On the Corner.It makes me frustrated and sad to think of the possibilties since they can never come to fruitation. The man was amazing, listen to some live bootlegs of the guy. He had complete fucking control over the guitar. Listening to that live version of machine gun is like a religious experience.

In summation, he would probably ended up some sort of disco album.
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2006, 09:58 PM   #3
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses

Old 10.14.2006, 10:02 PM   #4
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
That's hard to say, could be he would have gone the Chuck Berry route and just play his old stuff forever and not to much else, or maybe he'd of pulled a Jerry Lee Lewis and do more collabrative stuff. Has anyone heard the new Jerry Lee Lewis, anyone got a review they'd like to share?
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2006, 01:47 PM   #5
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
yes. the answer is yes. yes.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2006, 02:18 PM   #6
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Heh.
Old 10.15.2006, 02:38 PM   #7
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
That's hard to say, could be he would have gone the Chuck Berry route and just play his old stuff forever and not to much else, or maybe he'd of pulled a Jerry Lee Lewis and do more collabrative stuff. Has anyone heard the new Jerry Lee Lewis, anyone got a review they'd like to share?

Or do what everyone from Rod Stewart to Johnny Cash did, and just sell album(s) of just covers because yr washed up and can't write a song anymore. (I know I'm gonna get lynched for that statement, but someone had to say it).

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2006, 03:32 PM   #8
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
I think that dying in a drug related manner would not indicate that one's drug intake was slowing down.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2006, 03:39 PM   #9
blue sunlover
stalker

blue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really nice
how do you think does his music come from?the earth?
Old 10.15.2006, 05:14 PM   #10
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
I think that dying in a drug related manner would not indicate that one's drug intake was slowing down.
nice
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth