Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Who Is Headlining On Fri at McCarren?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.08.2006, 11:26 PM   #1
citylifejc
empty page

citylifejc has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
and please dont say the YYYs - i like them all, but honestly....
citylifejc is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 01:04 AM   #2
EricsTrip
little trouble girl

EricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to behold
pretty sure it's the YYY's.
EricsTrip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 01:07 AM   #3
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
same shit for the saturday show, only it's Awesome Color opening...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 01:08 AM   #4
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Blood on the Wall are pretty cool.....I like those folks.
Old 08.09.2006, 09:37 AM   #5
debya
empty page

debya has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
What time do you think SY will go on? If doors are at 5pm, I suppose the first band will be on at 6pm. Could SY really be playing as early as 7pm? Anyone been to a show at McCarren Pool before and can enlighten us as to when to expect SY to appear?
debya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 12:47 PM   #6
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i just got this week's TimeOut and there is "the sonic youth after-party with tall firs and chairman race" scheduled to start at 8 at union pool, so i guess one could assume the show would be over by 8.

two-dollar guitar is playing sunday night at the living room at 9 as well.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 03:30 PM   #7
sonic kid 51306
empty page

sonic kid 51306 has tongues queuing up for a rim-festsonic kid 51306 has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall91
i just got this week's TimeOut and there is "the sonic youth after-party with tall firs and chairman race" scheduled to start at 8 at union pool, so i guess one could assume the show would be over by 8.

is that for the friday show or the saturday show or for both?
sonic kid 51306 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 05:13 PM   #8
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
only listed for friday
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 05:55 PM   #9
julia
empty page

julia has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
How do you guys know that YYYs are headlining? Just curious.

Time Out says the two are co-headlining (which doesn't help us). It seems so ludicrous (and not to mention insulting) for the YYYs to go on last.

As for set times, the only comparable show was Bloc Party. Set times for that show, according to brooklynvegan, were: 6:20, 7:15 and 8:30.
julia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 07:18 PM   #10
EricsTrip
little trouble girl

EricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
How do you guys know that YYYs are headlining? Just curious.

Time Out says the two are co-headlining (which doesn't help us). It seems so ludicrous (and not to mention insulting) for the YYYs to go on last.

As for set times, the only comparable show was Bloc Party. Set times for that show, according to brooklynvegan, were: 6:20, 7:15 and 8:30.

Ticketmaster has been selling the tickets as "Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Sonic Youth." One would assume that if SY was going on last, they would be sold as "Sonic Youth / Yeah Yeah Yeahs." Similarly, the gigs opening for the Lips are sold as "Flaming Lips / Sonic Youth." Then there is the issue that, for better or worse, the YYY's seem to be more popular than SY right now.

Is it insulting for SY to essentially be opening for the YYY's? I sort of think so, but the concert promoters probably don't. I can sympathize with your plight, seeing as how the only SY gig I'll be attending this summer will be one opening for the Flaming Lips, at a venue I would otherwise avoid like the plague if not for the fact that SY is playing there.
EricsTrip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 01:45 PM   #11
thesilverrocket
little trouble girl

thesilverrocket has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall91

What is this after-party all about? do you know if it takes another ticket to get in or is it open? I'd read about it, but I'm from WAY out of town and I don't want to subscribe to TONY for 20 clams...

Tnx
Old 08.10.2006, 03:46 PM   #12
MusicIsMySavior34
little trouble girl

MusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud of
i asked steve and lee at bonnaroo if they were headlining brooklyn, lee and steve responded "were on before YYY but were both playing an hr and a half" so that answers it all.
MusicIsMySavior34 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 04:47 PM   #13
sonic kid 51306
empty page

sonic kid 51306 has tongues queuing up for a rim-festsonic kid 51306 has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
what time are you guys going to get there?
Old 08.10.2006, 06:21 PM   #14
MusicIsMySavior34
little trouble girl

MusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud of
11 or 12, you?
MusicIsMySavior34 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 06:32 PM   #15
sonic kid 51306
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicIsMySavior34
11 or 12, you?

11AM ? thats madness
i was think 3PM

when are the rest of you guys coming?
Old 08.10.2006, 06:48 PM   #16
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
At 4 or 5.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth