Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.08.2007, 11:47 AM   #321
sarramkrop

Mythra-Death and Destiny 7" EP 1979

With the advent of NWOBHM, numerous young outfits were emerging on the scene; one that caught the attention was Mythra, a five-piece group from the Newcastle area.
Released on the Guardian label, it sold over 15,000 copies before Pinnacle Records signed the band to their Street Beat label. Mythra were probably most reminiscent of Judas Priest; but it's difficult not to draw similarities between the younger bands and the more successfully established outfits. Take a listen to this EP - the track "Death And Destiny" is a classic!!

1.Death and Destiny
2.Killer
3.Overlord
4.U.F.O

Vince High-Vocals
Pete Melsom-Bass
Barry Hopper-Drums
John Roach-Guitar
Maurice Bates-Guitar
http://rapidshare.com/files/46909108/Mythra.rar
http://heavymusic0.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2007, 12:27 PM   #322
sarramkrop

The Celibate Rifles - But Jacques, The Fish? E.P. 7″

July 27th, 2007 by The Flakes // Drummer

I don’t know what to say about this. Words can hardly describe the greatness of the debute from The Celibate Rifles. Energhy checked. Ok! Tightness checked. Ok! Melodies that stands out checked. Ok! Good lyrics checked. Ok! Lets download.

Thanks for the MASSES of emails that came and still are coming in for The Eat contest. But the contest ended the 24th of July. Winners will be announced shortly.

Year: 1982
Label: Hot
Format: 7″
Songs:
Kents Theme(They Don’t Listen).mp3
Let’s Get Married.mp3
24 HRS.mp3
Tubular Greens.mp3

http://www.kbdrecords.com/wp-content...ques_front.jpg
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2007, 12:34 PM   #323
sarramkrop

The Saints - I’m Stranded 7″

April 11th, 2007 by The Flakes // Drummer

In my world the Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop was the first punk 7inch released in June(?) 1976. Then these sleazy aussie guys hit the world in August 1976 with this. One of my all time faves. Can’t listen to I’m Stranded enough. 500 pressed on their own Fatal label before Harvest signed them and quickly released it again with a sleeve. My copy is scratchy and nice.

By the way I haven’t figured out who’ve written the stuff on the b-side. Anyone?

Now over to some real content:
Like a snake calling on the phone
I’ve got no time to be alone
there is some one coming at me all the time
babe I think I’ll lose my mind
’cause I’m stranded on my own
stranded far from home
I’m riding on a midnight train
& everybody looks just the same
a subway light it’s dirty reflection
I’m lost I don’t have a direction
I’m stranded etc etc
Look at me looking at you
there ain’t a thing that I can do
you are lost your mind is a whirl
baby such a stupid girl
I’m stranded etc etc
Livin’ in a world insane
they cut out some heart & some brain
‘been filling it up with dirt
do you know how much it hurts…
to be…stranded etc….

Stranded I’m so far from home
Stranded yeah I am on my own
Stranded why don’t you leave me alone

Year: 1976
Label: Fatal
Format: 7″
Songs:
I’m Stranded.mp3
No Time.mp3
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2007, 03:45 PM   #324
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Various - Myths, Instructions 1

One of my favourite compilations of the 80's.

Includes Mark Stewart and the Maffia, The Camberwell Now and Martyn Bates of Eyeless in Gaza fame.

http://rapidshare.com/files/47789347...ons_1.rar.html

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 04:02 AM   #325
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses

Teiji Ito - Meshes: Music for Films and Theater

1. Meshes of the Afternoon
2. The Very Eye of Night
3. Axis Mundi

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Teiji Ito - King Ubu

1. Overture
2. Fanfare
3. Japanese Flute
4. Death Of Queen
5. Steel Drum
6. Mennon's Song
7. Maya's Song (voice of Maya Deren)
8. Teiji's Song
9. Debraining Machine
10. Sarabande
11. Tsar's Music
12. Hurrah For War
13. Button Song
14. Congo
15. Crypt/Congo
16. Tea For Two/Seduction
17. Bear Music
18. Beer Barrel Polka
19. Music Box
20. Plotting
21. Nightmare
22. Aloha (voice of Maya Deren)
23. Mama Ubu's Dance
24. Storm
25. Polish Anthem

Quote:
Teiji Ito (surname Ito; b. Tokyo, Japan, 1935; d. Haiti, 1982) was a Japanese composer and performer. He is best known for his scores for the avant-garde films by Maya Deren.
Ito was born in Tokyo in 1935, into a theatrical family. His father, Yuji Ito, was a composer and costume designer, and his mother, Teiko Ono, was a dancer who worked in both traditional and classical genres. Ito moved with his family to New York at the age of six. In 1952, at the age of seventeen, he began composing music for the films of Maya Deren. He traveled with her to Haiti in 1955, learning ceremonial and secular drumming techniques from the legendary Haitian musician Coyote.
Ito had a long and productive career, composing music for Broadway and Hollywood, drama, and dance. His works feature an innovative combination of sounds and often utilize musical instruments from many world cultures, which he played himself. His music is not as well known as that of many of his contemporaries because few recordings of his music were available until the late 20th century.
In 1961 he composed a score for a New York production of Alfred Jarry's King Ubu by The Living Theatre, which was released on CD by Tzadik Records in 1998. He won an Obie Award for his theater music in the 1960-61 season. In 1962 he composed music for dancer Jean Erdman's musical play The Coach with the Six Insides. In 1963 he composed the score for the original Broadway production of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Ito was married three times. He married Maya Deren in the late 1950s. His third wife was the photographer and filmmaker Cherel Winett Ito (1947-1999).[1]
He died in 1982 while visiting Haiti.

from http://die-fremde.blogspot.com/

Teiji Ito also did the soundtrack for Harry Smith's "Early Abstractions" after the fact. Can be found in the Porkster's thread: http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15366
Old 08.09.2007, 04:29 AM   #326
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
!!!

Les Rallizes Dénudés - Color Box

(huge thanks to the kind person who originally distributed these via slsk; picture source)

Blue
1. (unknown)
2. Flames of Ice
3. (unknown)
4. Romance of Black Grief

Green (part 1 / part 2)
1. (unknown) (Studio Demo '86)
2. Cry of Bird (Studio Demo '86)
3. White Waking (Studio Demo '86)
4. (unknown) (October 2nd, 1982)
5. (unknown) (October 2nd, 1982)
6. Night of the Assassins (October 2nd, 1982)
7. Ice Fire (October 2nd, 1982)

Red
1. Ice Fire
2. Romance of Black Grief
3. Field of Artificial Flower
4. (unknown)
5. White Waking
6. Strong Out Deeper Than the Night

White
1. The Last One (Oz Days live, August 1973)
2. The Angel of Guidance (July 30th, 1976)
3. Field of Artificial Flower (August 14th, 1980)
4. White Waking (August 14th, 1980)
5. Enter the Mirror (October 29th, 1980)
6. Strong Out Deeper Than the Night (March 23rd, 1981)

Yellow
1. Romance of Black Grief (May 16th, 1986)
2. Night of the Assassins (May 16th, 1986)
3. (unknown) (May 16th, 1986)
4. The Night Collectors (May 16th, 1986)
5. (unknown) (May 16th, 1986)
Old 08.09.2007, 04:34 AM   #327
hat and beard
stalker

Solmania - Metamorphor Chorus
(Japan, 1991)

1. Flood
2. Dawn
3. Metamorphor Chorus I
4. Gate
5. Metamorphor Chorus II

Solmania - Psycledelic
(Japan, 1993)

1. Psycledelic
2. Nitro Mary & High-Side Blues
3. Polar Bola
Old 08.09.2007, 10:13 AM   #328
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
cLOUDDEAD - Peel Session 5/6/2001

1. Peel Intro
2. Dead Dog
3. Cold Lunch
4. Grey
5. Physics Of A Bi-Cycle
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 10:27 AM   #329
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses

I'm not sure what date this recording was actually broadcast as it clearly is a repeat. Don't let this deter you though as this is brilliant. Crass were one of the few punk bands who REALLY were genuine and not some kind of bandwagon jumpers. Formed in 1977 in Essex their first release was an eighteen track album called "The Feeding Of The 5000" and was released in 1978 through Small Wonder Records. Originally the album contained a track called "Reality Asylum" but it was removed after protests from workers in the pressing plant that the track was blasphemous. It was replaced with a track called "The Sound Of Free Speach" which was actually nothing more than a couple of minues of silence although this track sounds rather nice on my copy due to the amount of surface noise it contains. This prompted Crass to set up their own label "Crass Records" for their future releases so they could never be silenced again.
This is the only session Crass recorded for the BBC.

Crass - Peel Session 10/4/1979

Steve Ignorant - Vocals
Eve Libertine - Vocals
Phil Free - Guitar/Vocals
N A Palmer - Guitar/Literal Readings
Pete Wright - Bass Vocals
George Tarbuck - Percussion
Penny Rimbaud - Drums
Virginia Creeper - Tram Noises
Alan - Wind & Wit

1. G's Song
2. Mother Earth
3. Bomb
4. Shaved Woman
5. Tired
Old 08.09.2007, 11:44 AM   #330
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

Burning Star Core & Lambsbread - Live in St. Louis (2006, Maim & Disfigure CDR, U.S.A)

Special thanks to Dave Archer for this wonderful live document between Burning Star Core & Lambsbread. “Live in St. Louis” climbs a mountain of psychedelia where the higher you go, the air thins w/ rapid suffocating cymbal action, though the spirits of Yeh’s violining grows more powerful through drone & thunderous scraping. This live release is an awesome transcendental experience. The difference between this & say Yeh’s collaborations w/ Hototogisu is that “Live in St. Louis” has more in common w/ Cale era Velvet Underground than Tony Conrad. The addition of the freeform floating guitar lines adds a nice linear haze that is quite wistful until sudden riffs charge periodically jarring the atmosphere. Amazing!

http://sharebee.com/75650119
Old 08.09.2007, 02:06 PM   #331
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Toshimaru Nakamura, Tetuzi Akiyama & others.

Meeting at Out Side Vol 3.

http://rapidshare.com/files/47975363...eting.rar.html

Toshimaru Nakamura: no-input mixing board (1, 2, 5, 6)
Tetuzi Akiyama: electric guitar (1), resonator guitar (2, 3), acoustic guitar (4, 6), amplified acoustic guitar (5)
  1. Hakon Kornstad (sax), Tetuzi Akiyama (electric guitar), and Toshimaru Nakamura (no-input mixing board)
    Recorded on May 11, 2002
  2. Masafumi Ezaki (trumpet), Tetuzi Akiyama (resonator guitar), and Toshimaru Nakamura (no-input mixing board)
    Recorded on June 1, 2002
  3. o.blaat (power book), Sachiko M (sinewaves), and Tetuzi Akiyama (resonator guitar)
    Recorded on July 5, 2002
  4. Oren Ambarchi (electric guitar), Keiichi Sugimoto (electric guitar), and Tetuzi Akiyama (acoustic guitar)
    Recorded on August 10, 2002
  5. Paul Hood (GP3, etc.), Tetuzi Akiyama (amplified acoustic guitar), and Toshimaru Nakamura (no-input mixing board)
    Recorded on September 6, 2002
  6. Günter Müller (electronics, selected drums), Tetuzi Akiyama (acoustic guitar), and Toshimaru Nakamura (no-input mixing board)
    Recorded on October 12, 2002
Recorded live by Tetuzi Akiyama at Off Site, Yoyogi, Tokyo
Edited and mastered by Toshimaru Nakamura
Compiled by Toshimaru Nakamura and Tetuzi Akiyama

Old 08.09.2007, 02:17 PM   #332
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
THE TRIFFIDS - Son of Dungeon Tape

Here you go, if you're regular visitor here, you should be starting to get a good collection of Triffid tapes now, Some would have you believe that the "Son of.." was simply a re-issue of the original Dungeon Tape. This is completely wrong. Only five of the original tracks made it on to the "Son of.." .

1. Red Pony
2. Plaything
3. My Baby Thinks She's A Train
4. M.G.M.
5. Too Hot To Move, Too Hot To Think
6. Nothing Good Is Going To Come Of This
7. Family Name
8. Madeline
side 2
9. Twisted Brain
10. I Can't Wait To See Your Gun
11. Hours At A Time
12. Man Who Can
13. Son of Reverie
14. Son of Stand Up
15. Branded
16. Nothing Can Take Your Place

Son of Dungeon
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 04:01 PM   #333
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Divine Soma Experience - Welcome to the Land of Dragons

http://rapidshare.com/files/47988010...agons.rar.html

Old 08.09.2007, 04:30 PM   #334
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jico.
incus...

Evan Parker, Derek Bailey, & Han Bennink — The Topography of the Lungs (1970, Incus Records LP; 2006, Psi CD, U.K.)

Here’s some more Bailey & Parker, but w/ the nice addition of percussionist Han Bennink. Different from “Arch Duo” obviously because of the addition of percussion, but also this session has a more rolling feel to it that propels the listener along into each solo & then out again. The music folds & unfolds displaying an astonishing chemistry between these fine players.

http://eatmyartout.blogspot.com/2007...n-bennink.html

ah splendid, have been curious to hear this for a while. reminds me of that record Thurston did with Parker, the Promise. thurston/parker interplay is reminiscent of bailey/parker interplay..
Old 08.09.2007, 05:15 PM   #335
sarramkrop

you guys are wonderful. thanks.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2007, 02:05 AM   #336
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Another excellent 80's compilation.

Heures sans Soleil.
http://rapidshare.com/files/48071116...oleil.rar.html

Old 08.10.2007, 02:33 AM   #337
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
THE TRIFFIDS - Son of Dungeon Tape

Here you go, if you're regular visitor here, you should be starting to get a good collection of Triffid tapes now, Some would have you believe that the "Son of.." was simply a re-issue of the original Dungeon Tape. This is completely wrong. Only five of the original tracks made it on to the "Son of.." .

1. Red Pony
2. Plaything
3. My Baby Thinks She's A Train
4. M.G.M.
5. Too Hot To Move, Too Hot To Think
6. Nothing Good Is Going To Come Of This
7. Family Name
8. Madeline
side 2
9. Twisted Brain
10. I Can't Wait To See Your Gun
11. Hours At A Time
12. Man Who Can
13. Son of Reverie
14. Son of Stand Up
15. Branded
16. Nothing Can Take Your Place

Son of Dungeon
Fuckfuckfuckthankyouthankyouthankyouiloveyou
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2007, 07:26 AM   #338
sarramkrop

Robert Lee is the brother of martial artist Bruce Lee. Robert released this album, Robert Lee Sings… The Ballad of Bruce Lee, in 1975 in dedication to his older brother, who had died in 1973. Although he does sing all the songs, Robert has a hand in writing only 3 of them, posted here. The song “Parting”, features lyrics written by Bruce Lee.
  1. JKD - Jeet Kune Do
  2. Parting
  3. The Ballad of Bruce Lee

http://www.dinosaurgardens.com/categ...udio/weirdness
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2007, 07:54 AM   #339
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and beard
!!!

Les Rallizes Dénudés - Color Box

(huge thanks to the kind person who originally distributed these via slsk; picture source)

Blue
1. (unknown)
2. Flames of Ice
3. (unknown)
4. Romance of Black Grief

Green (part 1 / part 2)
1. (unknown) (Studio Demo '86)
2. Cry of Bird (Studio Demo '86)
3. White Waking (Studio Demo '86)
4. (unknown) (October 2nd, 1982)
5. (unknown) (October 2nd, 1982)
6. Night of the Assassins (October 2nd, 1982)
7. Ice Fire (October 2nd, 1982)

Red
1. Ice Fire
2. Romance of Black Grief
3. Field of Artificial Flower
4. (unknown)
5. White Waking
6. Strong Out Deeper Than the Night

White
1. The Last One (Oz Days live, August 1973)
2. The Angel of Guidance (July 30th, 1976)
3. Field of Artificial Flower (August 14th, 1980)
4. White Waking (August 14th, 1980)
5. Enter the Mirror (October 29th, 1980)
6. Strong Out Deeper Than the Night (March 23rd, 1981)

Yellow
1. Romance of Black Grief (May 16th, 1986)
2. Night of the Assassins (May 16th, 1986)
3. (unknown) (May 16th, 1986)
4. The Night Collectors (May 16th, 1986)
5. (unknown) (May 16th, 1986)
can't wait to get home & d/load this!
thanks!
Old 08.10.2007, 08:13 AM   #340
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Loop - The World in Your Eyes

1. 16 Dreams, 2:50
2. Head On, 2:35
3. Burning World, 9:33
4. Rocket USA, 5:14
5. Spinning, 6:29
6. Deep Hit, 6:05
7. I'll Take You There, 6:39
8. Brittle Head Girl, 4:32
9. Burning Prisma, 12:42
10. Spinning Spun Out, 4:46

The World In Your Eyes compiles the entirety of Loop's 16 Dreams and Spinning 12" singles (their first two singles) and adds four extra songs. Their earlier phase tends to concentrate centrally on pounding a giant riff into submission with the least amount of backing necessary, with all the sunshine happiness of the most downered Stooges sub-blues imagined. Generally, The World In Your Eyes captures some of Loop's most straight-ahead material, and Robert Hampson's vocals are at their least fiddled with, production-wise. Bex's Spartan drum patterns usually consist of "thwack," "thwack-thwack," or "thwack-thwack-pish"; she might not stand a chance in King Crimson, but she fits the bill perfectly on minimally stomping songs like "16 Dreams" and "Head On." The ten-minute "Burning World" and 13-minute extended version of "Burning Prisma" (how many other bands do extended versions of ten-minute songs?) both have the entrancing qualities of the best Spacemen 3; the lengthier version features some extended soloing that avoids flash and wank. "Brittle Head Girl"'s melancholia strikes upon third album Velvet Underground, bizarrely using shades of new wave synth. A brilliantly fevered cover of Suicide's "Rocket USA" (from a Peel Session) captures all the rush and frenzy of the original; Hampson's vocals do Alan Vega proud, evoking all the evacuated headspace required: "Gonna crash/Gonna die." A racing rhythm box drives it in the same manner of the original, but the stun guitars add something that the earlier version arguably lacks. ~ Andy Kellman, All Music Guide

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ahtfm3
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
141516 17 1819202767 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth