Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.24.2014, 03:33 PM   #17741
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yes, that is exactly why the Orthodox Church explicitly rejects the Latin heresy of the Immaculate Conception of Mary because the result would be an imaginary Jesus with not real humanity. As Rob said, such is merely a rehash of Gnostism..

sure, but after 3 days, the dead really stink.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2014, 03:45 PM   #17742
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
actually, no one has ever verified that all matter./energy was in a singularity. singularities may not even exist, not even in black holes. they are just a sign that our math is wrong, like infinities.

The atomic bomb is evidence of singularity as it effectively proved that E really does =MC^2 because the given mass of uranium was converted into the pure energy observed in the explosion. If the mass of a small sample of a radioactive element in the proper conditions can be converted into pure energy, it is very suggestive of the possibility of a previous singularity between all the matter and energy of the Universe. Of course, there are Multiverse theories in tandem with string theory which can shatter this need, but their math is even less reconcilable with observations from reality than is Newtonian/Quantum math..

Now the question is, not can singularity exist, but was there ever a time where there was universal singularity? The current math doesn't support this, but the current math only really works if inevitably there was a singularity. So science is searching for evidence or an mathematical explanation of this singularity, otherwise we probably have to change ALL our math, and much like a middle school Algebra student, most of us would rather just try to fix one or two errors on our homework rather than concede that maybe its all bullshit.

Oh yeah, and to get back on topic, I watched Low Down Dirty Shame yesterday and a bit of Celtic Pride. I was wondering, what the fuck were we all thinking in the mid-1990s to think the Wayans brothers/sister were mainstream box office superstars? How was Keenan or Damon ever honestly casted for even remotely legitimate roles??? Really? Was it a big, cosmic joke on the 1990s? Who was fucking with us, the Wayans or the studios? Both?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2014, 04:00 PM   #17743
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Indeed. The Wayans Bros make terrible flicks.
Old 02.24.2014, 04:04 PM   #17744
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Indeed. The Wayans Bros make terrible flicks.

In Loving Color is priceless though..

Old 02.24.2014, 04:08 PM   #17745
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yes, that is exactly why the Orthodox Church explicitly rejects the Latin heresy of the Immaculate Conception of Mary because the result would be an imaginary Jesus with not real humanity. As Rob said, such is merely a rehash of Gnostism.

i forgot to add:

then god the father is a rapist like zeus, and joseph a cuckold

it's in the bible
Old 02.24.2014, 04:10 PM   #17746
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i forgot to add:

then god the father is a rapist like zeus, and joseph a cuckold

it's in the bible

Nope. Actually the explicit theology of Mariology is that the Virgin Mary accepted God's will voluntarily. The theologians mention time and time again that Our Lady had the freedom and agency to reject God's offer, to reject the Incarnation, but what made her unique was she responded to the invitation, "Let it be according to the Lord, I am His maid-servant."

Old 02.24.2014, 04:16 PM   #17747
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, but most people who read the bible(s) can hardly be bothered to read.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2014, 04:18 PM   #17748
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think that one of the great truths of metaphysics, religion, philosophy, etc. is that our Universe is of a dual nature. This being so, the fact that one law governs the world of the large/massive (General Relativity) and one law governs the world of the tiny/light (QED - quantum electrodynamics) and that the two co-exist yet "seem" irreconcilable may just be the way everything is. It does not invalidate one or the other.

Good does not invalidate evil. It exists because of it, or in response to it, or in opposition to it etc.
Old 02.24.2014, 04:20 PM   #17749
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
[
Nope. Actually the explicit theology of Mariology is that the Virgin Mary accepted God's will voluntarily. The theologians mention time and time again that Our Lady had the freedom and agency to reject God's offer, to reject the Incarnation, but what made her unique was she responded to the invitation, "Let it be according to the Lord, I am His maid-servant."
right! the "lord". st. joseph cornudo y contento. and you complain that the math of physics doesn't "reconcile". religion needs to die already.
Old 02.24.2014, 04:22 PM   #17750
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
this didnt devolve into a dick fight and suchfriends even pmed me thanking me for being civil yet i distinctly remember writing an angry insulting post. but i must have got distracted by a video and clicked the x.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2014, 04:23 PM   #17751
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
duality is wrong
Old 02.24.2014, 04:25 PM   #17752
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Yeah, but most people who read the bible(s) can hardly be bothered to read.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Genteel Death again.

Old 02.24.2014, 04:28 PM   #17753
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
right! the "lord". st. joseph cornudo y contento. and you complain that the math of physics doesn't "reconcile". religion needs to die already.

religion needs to die because its about believing in things cos you want them to be true, which is the opposite of submitting to knowledge and the truth. we have to deal with reality and the truth whether we like it or not.

but what needs to happen is the ongoing cross cultural exchange between the east and west needs to continue, despite the myriad dominant reactionary forces that are trying to halt it.

the reason it needs to continue is that for a western person, only a traumatic encounter with buddhism or related approaches can violently unclog all the unconscious metaphysical biases that creep into our conception of the world and cripple our culture and science.

also buddhist metaphysics line up with what quantum physics neuroscience et all are discovering and therefore offer us a cultural framework with which to navigate them.

the truth is an indifferent reality that does not care about us. we are breeding for the sake of fufilling our embedded genetic replicators. it's a cycle of birth/death suffering that has no reason or purpose, will eventually go extinct and produces vast suffering and atrocity.

we have to deal with nihilism rather than denying it. science implies nihilism but of course nihilism itself is nihilistic, in that trying to "hold it" as a viewpoint is only a slightly lesser form of delusion.
Old 02.24.2014, 04:35 PM   #17754
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
religion needs to die because its about believing in things cos you want them to be true
exactly. suchfriends complains about how "mathematics doesn't reconcile" while denying the mental somersaults he must perform constantly in order to justify the belief that his fairytale actually happened on earth. the beam, the eye, i forget how that shit goes-- an admonition for people to look at their own bullshit first.
Old 02.24.2014, 04:38 PM   #17755
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
duality is wrong

it is only the illusion of duality. Just like gravity is bent space time but gives the illusion that there are attractive forces at work.
Old 02.24.2014, 04:41 PM   #17756
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

its not really that important to me to attack suchfriends religion.

i think if you are truly scientific and not some new atheist douche whose just replicating christianity only with man as god, then you see religion as a memetic code used for social regulation. that's all fair enough really because i know that the world outside of religion is often just as hellish. religion can help some people in very limited ways and it's a way of people to form social bonds and get each others backs. its still based on delusions and lies, but i don't believe in belief so what people believe is not really as important as what they do.

but its still very problematic for the politics it pushes, the greed and abuse that it perpetuates, and the ignorance and handicapping of progress.

what i have to attack are the instances he says things that aren't true or the instances when he promotes ignorance and the post modern delusion that we just can't know certain things. cos this is really just building dams trying to hold of the semantic apocalypse
Old 02.24.2014, 04:41 PM   #17757
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
it is only the illusion of duality. Just like gravity is bent space time but gives the illusion that there are attractive forces at work.

well ok. but i still reject dualism and idealism totally
Old 02.24.2014, 04:44 PM   #17758
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dead_battery again.

Old 02.24.2014, 04:52 PM   #17759
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

i don't care to attack his own peculiar brand of religion (there are worse ones to worry about), but when he starts his ignorant antiscientific tirades it's like my mind breaks out in hives and i start rolling eyes like an epileptic.

i'm not against questioning anything, especially science-- shit, science is based on questions and it sure knows what it doesn't know about-- but the guy preaches with such close-minded conviction it's pathological. socrates knew that he knew nothing, but suchfriends is convinced he knows everything. and he never makes mistakes!
Old 02.24.2014, 04:56 PM   #17760
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

he's won the magical belief lottery
788838878885886887 888 889890891898938988 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth