Reload this Page Milwaukee Show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.08.2006, 09:51 PM   #41
CROATOAN
empty page

CROATOAN ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisstina
Lets make a deal; next time Sonic Youth plays in Milwaukee and Lee takes a picture of my shirt, you can join me in the picture.

You have yourself a deal *shakes hand*

Maybe it will be a picture of my clever shirt next time...in that case, you can......hold my camera and take the picture.
CROATOAN is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 10:04 PM   #42
CROATOAN
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthblav
I actually thought the same thing. It seemed like their was a hipster / scenester crowd at the show. I thought it was a good show, but it definitely does not rank as my all time favorite SY show.

I just felt people still acted like they were at the rave or a bar compared to seeing an amazing band at a top notch venue. I was upset because all around it seemed like people were smoking grass / cigaretttes (in a historic non smoking theatre), drinking the cheap pbrs and throwing them on the ground to wash on other's feet, and just acting like idiots throughout the show (either talking to others or shouting stupid shit at the band). Grant it I was not in the pit, but I was 10 rows dead center.

The latest few shows I have seen at the Pabst had a more mature / music loving audience (eels, cline / kotche, neko case). I just don't want the venue to stop from having shows and it seems like crowds like keep showing up, a good theater will stop having them there.

I think the crowd really tainted my view of the show. Even to the point that it seemed 100% even suffered do to idiots trying to be cool and stage dive - I thought we did not have to relive the 90s, but I guess so. I even feel they cut things short just do to the crowds actions throught out the night.

I did think the new album sounded amazing and I am glad so many you enjoyed it.

Yeah exactly, I was leaning on the stage and looked behind me to see how big the crowd was and I was shocked that most people were just standing there like statues staring at the ceiling or something.

Bands feed off the energy of the crowd so they probably did cut things a little short becuz that crowd was the worst I have ever seen.

I also liked the new album, I'll admit that I had my doubts when I first got it but after seeing the actual people play the actual songs I was just blown away.
Old 08.08.2006, 10:08 PM   #43
CROATOAN
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy's
also, the crowd was incredibly polite otherwise. no one shoved, and i had more than enough space (i was leaning on the stage and had room to wiggle)

You had room to wiggle? That's not fair.
Old 08.09.2006, 07:42 AM   #44
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROATOAN
Yeah exactly, I was leaning on the stage and looked behind me to see how big the crowd was and I was shocked that most people were just standing there like statues staring at the ceiling or something.

Bands feed off the energy of the crowd so they probably did cut things a little short becuz that crowd was the worst I have ever seen.

I also liked the new album, I'll admit that I had my doubts when I first got it but after seeing the actual people play the actual songs I was just blown away.

I think a good portion of the crowd was there just for The Go! Team. Nobody yelled anything rude out, everyone seemed to be having a great time, and there was such a positive vibe. SY comes out, and the morons start yelling shit and acting like fools. My boyfriend's friend scored a setlist, so I checked to see if they did cut things short. They played their full set, but it seemed like they left the stage in a hurry and didn't do much between songs. I don't blame them.
Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 09:31 AM   #45
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
they definitely hauled ass quicker than usual after 100%...i was
wondering if they'd drop their second encore, thankfully that wasn't
the case (as we know!).

the go! team were really good; definitely wouldn't mind seeing them
again.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 12:05 PM   #46
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
they definitely hauled ass quicker than usual after 100%...i was
wondering if they'd drop their second encore, thankfully that wasn't
the case (as we know!).

the go! team were really good; definitely wouldn't mind seeing them
again.

i was pretty impressed with the go! team. the presampled stuff sounded to be mixed higher than the band, but overall i always love seeing bands swap instruments and pass roles around. i agree on seeing them again.
Old 08.09.2006, 12:40 PM   #47
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
On Sys part, I thought they put on a great show, obviously. But, yes I do agree the crowed was rather not so good. Between people screaming during the slower songs and the dumb ass stage divers I dont know. I tend to forget those petty moments when looking back it though.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 05:55 PM   #48
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Well, even if you do get up & running to download this, you'll discover to your bemusement that the files are not actually in .flac, thus they cannot be converted in the NORMAL, ACCEPTED way.

\
The flac frontend says these files are not in .flac & cannot be converted. I also tried the dbpoweramp to no avail.

The Chicago show that was seeded recently also would not convert, but the dbpoweramp allowed me to convert the files to .mp3.

I hope someone can explain what's going on here because I'm about to trash these files.

& spare me the guff about 24-bit vs. 16-bit, just post a solution or a torrent that works in the first place, please.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 07:38 PM   #49
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
me and thurston

he looks quite stoned in that pic, and dude, you're really short

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 07:45 PM   #50
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
^I think Thurston is just a giant

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 09:09 PM   #51
katy's
empty page

katy's has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
also ppl treating Kim like a little girl because she was playing noise guitar..."good job kim" and statements like that really are not necessary
i can't speak for him (kurt), but i doubt that he meant it in a demeaning way. kim really rocked out.
katy's is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 09:45 PM   #52
creepytrunkman51
empty page

creepytrunkman51 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
Yeah, I was so excited when they played it but the security guards kept bumping into me whilst carrying the idiots down the aisle, and before I knew it the song was over and I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest.

yea one of those stage divers got up right between me and my girlfriend. I was already annoyed when he just started shoving between us because for one we had good spots and I thought he was trying to take them,and for two it was between me and my girlfriend, and I'm sure you can all understand that. When he stage dived I laughed at first, but then realized it was a pretty dumb move.
creepytrunkman51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 01:17 AM   #53
naturescene
empty page

naturescene has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
in response to the rudeness of the crowd....... im not sure if anything beats when someone threw a cantaloupe at Jim O'Rourke at a show in Sydney a few years ago......... i think that takes the cake.
naturescene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 01:24 AM   #54
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturescene
in response to the rudeness of the crowd....... im not sure if anything beats when someone threw a cantaloupe at Jim O'Rourke at a show in Sydney a few years ago......... i think that takes the cake.

Hahahaha, as rude and horrible as that is, that's hilarious.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 01:49 AM   #55
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturescene
wtf?
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 02:32 AM   #56
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Heh, my friend Dylan was going to go see Panic! At The Disco at Summerfest so he could throw rocks at them.

Old 08.11.2006, 03:30 PM   #57
creepytrunkman51
empty page

creepytrunkman51 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Heh, my friend Dylan was going to go see Panic! At The Disco at Summerfest so he could throw rocks at them.

That's pretty hilarious. Although I shouldn't talk, because for some odd reason there's somehting i like about them. They're just catchy and easy to listen to.
Everybody Else"
-Junkie's Promise.
creepytrunkman51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2006, 02:54 PM   #58
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
he looks quite stoned in that pic, and dude, you're really short

Thurston's just really tall and I'm only like 5 10 or 11

Old 08.12.2006, 03:23 PM   #59
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I'm only like 5 10 or 11
Only?!?! I'm fucking 5' 2"...

Old 08.12.2006, 04:26 PM   #60
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Only?!?! I'm fucking 5' 2"...
really? well there is the gender thing. but everything seems so small compared to Thurston's 6' 6" or around there.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth