Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page mick barr has a black metal band!!:krallice
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.14.2009, 06:57 AM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
somethign is wrong when the vivian girls post has three tiems the amount of discussion as this one...that is all

Because people prefer easy-to-understand music that isn't complex or challenging in the slightest. Not everyone here, just in general. As much as I love the Vivian Girls, they're extremely simplistic. Good thing their melodies are awesome. I'm more surprised there isn't a lot of people talking about Zs and Extra Life and stuff on here, but given enough time...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2009, 03:40 PM   #42
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
New album info! New songs! I'm pumped.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...e_kr.html#more
Old 09.25.2009, 01:04 AM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
fuck yeah thank you.

Old 11.10.2009, 04:36 AM   #44
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

http://rapidshare.com/files/303878871/K-DB.rar

Old 11.10.2009, 11:33 AM   #45
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
must spread riznep
Old 12.02.2009, 09:11 PM   #46
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
The new Krallice rules......still gotta be one of my favorite bands going now.

They need to tour.
Old 02.17.2011, 01:55 AM   #47
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

NEW ALBUM coming soon!

Old 02.17.2011, 01:55 AM   #48
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

speaking of mick barr, is it just me, or is "ov" one of the most amazing albums ever recorded?

Old 02.17.2011, 06:58 PM   #49
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
No doubt. I was lucky to see Orthrelm play a couple times in DC......once opening up for FUGAZI!!!
Old 02.18.2011, 05:32 AM   #50
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Fuck yeah, man, and OV is simply the most physically intense record I've heard in my life. I had no idea it was possible to be minimal (as in, most of the riffs are about 2 or 3 notes, played endlessly.. the drums are like 5 or 6 tom rolls at a time usually and that's it, for minutes an minutes) AND maximal (EVERY RIFF IS TREMOLO PICKED AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE WITHOUT HARDLY ANY MISTAKES IN THE ENTIRE 45 MINUTES -- THE DRUMMER IS PLAYING AT 420 BPM FOR THE ENTIRE PIECE TOO!!!!!!!). Just ridiculous.

also, re: Wolves in The Throne Room ... I just got into them actually. They're pretty great. But KRALLICE is something different altogether -- KRALLICE is actually really melodic; some of the guitar interplay is just ridiculous... they're really pushing black metal forward, definitely the first band to do that since WEAKLING, probably (who they sound most like, and I'm taking a wild guess is their biggest influence.. weakling - dead as dreams is by far the best black metal album I've ever heard, maybe with a Dodheimsgard or Gorgoroth record taking my # 1 spot occasionally..)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
No doubt. I was lucky to see Orthrelm play a couple times in DC......once opening up for FUGAZI!!!

What the fuck!

Old 02.18.2011, 06:47 AM   #51
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I love watching Orthrelm live videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFOKhWAKStY

Mick Barr looks better without the heavy metal hair.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 07:49 AM   #52
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

CROM-TECH actually might be my favorite Barr band, come to think of it. The vocals really do it for me for some reason.

Old 02.18.2011, 08:57 AM   #53
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
can almost always go for either the s/t or Dimensional Bleedthrough

ocrilim's Annwn also amazing. Crom-Tech EP, OV, Dysrhythmia's Psychic Maps, Nanonucleonic Cyborg Summoning.

along with 'Diotima' I'm looking forward to the new Gorguts!
tcpotbntmy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 05:20 PM   #54
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Annwn!!!!!! AMAZING album that no one EVER talks about!

Mick Barr has a shit-ton of albums that are impossible to find, little guitar-only things he's done, self-released, limited to like 20 copies. Sure would be nice to come across these soemtimes but I doubt it. Dude has just done too many cool things. I used to be pretty conflicted on his style, because the more I listened, the more interesting I found it, how it seemed limited and simplified -- like I said, minimal -- but also all over the place and cramming in as many notes as possible, as fast as possible, all the time. It's weird, because "INSANE, FAST, CRAZEEEEEEEE" music can get so boring so quickly, yet there's something so refreshing about, like, Orthrelm or Crom-Tech, and I don't know exactly what. Their sound just hits the right spot for me.

There's a new GORGUTS coming?! Obscura is my favorite DM record of all time..... by far...

Old 02.18.2011, 05:32 PM   #55
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
Lemay, Kevin Hufnagel, Marston, John Longstreth (Origin drummer) make up Gorguts now if you didn't know and yes the album is supposed to come out this year.

And anyone who's into Barr that hasn't heard Annwn should definitely listen to it ;] http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ocrilim/annwn/

Obscura is also my favorite dm album ever.
Old 03.05.2011, 05:03 AM   #56
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

Annothrith Hymns, Ixolition, and Sacreth comprise Ocrilim's "Purging Trilogy". He recorded it in 07 along with Annwn but they weren't released until last year. I'd say it's all on par with Annwn and as of now I'm going to get all of the Octis/Ocrilim I can.

As far as Mick's vast releases, getting the super limited stuff would be great. You[ASP] described pretty perfectly the allure and beauty of his style. Minimal-Maximal, very authentic, truly original and inspiring.
Old 04.24.2011, 12:20 PM   #57
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

new album is here

Old 04.25.2011, 12:56 PM   #58
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

God damn. This and the new Grouper own 2k11.
Old 04.29.2011, 04:01 AM   #59
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

fuck yeah, this might be my favorite krallice album. four 12-ish minute songs in a row that just rule. this is epic as fuck and amazing. the last two tracks are my faovirte, especially Telluric Rings ..... some of the coolest riffs ever.

amazing album. also has their best production. i've read a few people saying they're getting sick of krallice's sound, but man i can't get enough... these are musicians being pushed to the limits at every second of every song. it's complex, but not in a dicking-around way... these guys are just playing fast, and they're palying SMART. in the song i mentioned, the change about 3 minutes in comes with no indication, no fills, no warning, just suddenly the song -- which wasn't "slow" by any means -- gets 10x faster... the way the songs shift and flow.. just mindboggling...

this band never fatigues... it's inhumanly awesome.... the constantly interlocking guitar lines, tremolo picked forever, are beautiful.... probably the only metal I can call "Beautiful", without it containing any stereotypical "slow clean except for a delay pedal guitar" parts... in fact, that's the best thing aboutt hisb and, it's devoid of cliche...

this is their best prdocued album and the songs are some fot heir best. this thing just kills. it can probably be an exhausting listen if you're not in tyhe mood for it, but if you really pay attention to what's going on, it's some of them most midnbloiwing music ever made....

Old 04.29.2011, 04:07 AM   #60
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

THANKS FOR THE WOE RECCOMENDATION. like i said, weakling - dead as dreams, for those who don't have it...

yuou know, the bass playing on this album is just amazing. i mean, all the musicianship is midnblowing, but the bass feels a lot more prominent than ever, probably beause of the much improved production in general

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth