Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Where Should I Start With Bjork
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.08.2007, 11:48 PM   #21
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Do you guys know where I should begin?

Maybe hang around London and find out what health club she belongs to, then get a membership.

Casually, figure a way onto the stairmaster next to hers, and then slyly mention that "it really is difficult keeping a workout schedule when you are up all night moving crowds of thousands with your dj skills at the beach raves."

That ought to spark her interest, and then mention this really nice vegan sushi fusion joint you know off Camden street that has the most heavenly bubble tea, and how you love going there because the door guy keeps the annoying groupies out.

Once there, you're of course going to want to move up from bubble tea to saki as quickly as you can, and don't forget a little vitamin X. Don't stop talking about how you prefer to make millions without ever having your face in the forefront and are just looking for the perfect diva to soak up all of the recognition you prefer to live without.

It all comes down to how you have this demo that she needs to hear, but it just won't sound right unless you play it for her on the surround sound system in your aquarium room back at your flat...
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2007, 01:26 AM   #22
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
As a former Bjork devotee (I stopped paying attention around the time Medulla came out, and haven't picked up a release since), I would put Homogenic squarely at the top of the list of favorite Bjork records.

That record takes me back to a very certain place and time, and I suppose much of my adoration for that record comes from nostalgia, but I wholeheartedly recommend it nonetheless.
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2007, 06:37 AM   #23
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
go with the sugarcubes work, lifes too good and the other one, stick around for joy and then go with debut (which in fact is her 2nd solo album) and then dont bother going any further, youve got the drift.

bjork bores me inn musical terms but as a person she is an interesting character

by the way, this is bjorks first album!

Old 12.09.2007, 10:04 AM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
If I had money to spend on music knowing I wasn't going to get a new album for a long time, the long run aspect of having an album I like far outweighs the adventurous aspect of trying new things without having done some research/get feed back from people who you share a musical interest with.

Mmm, yeah, maybe...
Old 12.10.2007, 11:52 AM   #25
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
the k.u.k.l. album is worth checkig out "holidays in europe". its pretty damn good actually!
Old 12.10.2007, 11:58 AM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
you start where you are and stay the hell away from that shit.

mad-repped next level shit.
Old 12.10.2007, 11:59 AM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Nowhere. Do not start anywhere.

The only person worse than Bjork is Matthew Barney.

Cool videos though.

matthew barney the artist/filmmaker? he writes and performs music?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth