Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page recommended podcasts?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.30.2013, 08:10 AM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
so I'm a big fan of audio podcasts. Basically my commute to work, I listen to a podcast, and on the way home I listen to music. Been this way a few years now. Don't know what it is, but I just seem to prefer listening to talk in the morning. Anyway, the bulk of my subscriptions are video game casts... Joystiq, CAGcast, RPGgamer, AllGenGamers, RFGeneration, Racketboy, Sega-Addicts. And a few stray ones like LifeHackerin there.

But I'm curious about well, pretty much any other quality shows on any subject really. Obviously outside of games, I'm a big horror movie fan so there's that. I've had trouble finding any horror shows that I continue to subscribe to after an episode or two.

But again, really anything that's produced well and interesting/funny/unique/etc is something I'd like to hear about. Also, if you could tell me a bit about what your'e suggesting instead of just listing names of shows, that would be cool.
Old 05.30.2013, 01:46 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
These are what I live by on my prep period at work

The Dead Pod

Jah Works Radio

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Have you tried Sick and Wrong?

For video game podcasts I like retronauts, active time babble, and role players realm.

The BBC have some very good science & discussion podcasts if that sort of thing interests you, e.g. Frontiers, In Our Time and Thinking Aloud.

Another favourite podcast of mine is Philosophy Bites, and The Partially Examined Life is good if you have a lot of time to kill.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2013, 06:10 PM   #4
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Retronauts and ATB are dead though. :\

I used to love both.

I should mention T&B that my ideal length of a show is about 45 mins. I like a longer show, but my commute is about 45 mins.

What is Sick & Wrong?
Old 05.31.2013, 04:10 AM   #5
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Retronauts and ATB are dead though. :\

I used to love both.

I should mention T&B that my ideal length of a show is about 45 mins. I like a longer show, but my commute is about 45 mins.

What is Sick & Wrong?

A couple of guys talking about the weeks most fucked up news stories, and other similar things topics.
Old 05.31.2013, 09:04 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
so I'm a big fan of audio podcasts. Basically my commute to work, I listen to a podcast, and on the way home I listen to music. Been this way a few years now. Don't know what it is, but I just seem to prefer listening to talk in the morning. Anyway, the bulk of my subscriptions are video game casts... Joystiq, CAGcast, RPGgamer, AllGenGamers, RFGeneration, Racketboy, Sega-Addicts. And a few stray ones like LifeHackerin there.

But I'm curious about well, pretty much any other quality shows on any subject really. Obviously outside of games, I'm a big horror movie fan so there's that. I've had trouble finding any horror shows that I continue to subscribe to after an episode or two.

But again, really anything that's produced well and interesting/funny/unique/etc is something I'd like to hear about. Also, if you could tell me a bit about what your'e suggesting instead of just listing names of shows, that would be cool.

car talk - a bunch of old geezers talk about fixing cars, make bad jokes, laugh too loud (it's the npr radio show)

nerdist - that irish guy from attack of the show, plus others, changing topics . actually, save you time, tons of them here:
http://www.nerdist.com/podcasts/

more & etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2013, 09:19 AM   #7
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Football Weekly (speaks for itself)
The Game (semi speaks for itself but only concentrates on the game of football)
Democracy Now (I subscribe but never bother to listen to it)
The Controversial Truth (Some libertarian thing that I listen to without agreeing with a word of it)
Tight Lines (all things fishing)
Politics Weekly (Only bother to listen if Nick Cohen's on)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2013, 09:23 AM   #8
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
A few more comedy podcasts, along the lines of the Nerdist family:

http://www.earwolf.com/

Obviously:
http://www.npr.org/

Still the best:

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

One of my favourite podcasts of all time is probably Out There Radio if you like conspiracy theories and weird stuff:
http://outthereradio.net/

And looking it up just now I see they've made new episodes for the first time in 4 years!
Old 05.31.2013, 03:58 PM   #10
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
One of my favourite podcasts of all time is probably Out There Radio if you like conspiracy theories and weird stuff:
http://outthereradio.net/

And looking it up just now I see they've made new episodes for the first time in 4 years!

they do hit on some interesting topics.

I like the coin guys
http://www.coinshowradio.com/Listen_to_the_show_.html
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2013, 07:41 PM   #11
noisereductions
invito al cielo

the Nerdist sounds up my alley.
Old 06.01.2013, 09:35 AM   #12
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Everybody, and I do mean everybody, will not waste their time listening to the first four episodes of "Analyzing Phish." Love Phish, hate them, indifferent, doesn't matter. This is great comedy and music-nerd gold.

Basically a Phish fan tries to convert Scott Aukerman (host of the very funny "Comedy Bang Bang" podcast) into becoming a Phish fan. At the start, Scott hates them. Will the conversion work?

But it's more about music passions in general. I know you'll enjoy. You? Yes, you.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/analyze-phish/
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth