Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page LA SHOW!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.23.2006, 10:01 PM   #21
spiritbears
bad moon rising

spiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-festspiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
lots of good fans out west..... noone deserves to see them at "the forum" or Cox arena.....I don't mind that they are playin with pj.....just please do a smaller more personal venue!!!!
How can we convince them????
help!!!!!!!!!
Old 05.23.2006, 10:11 PM   #22
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
man, don't be greedy.
LA gets so many good shows, whereas in my city, Sonic Youth has only been here once- in '90. We get a few good shows, but seriously, if i lived in LA i wouldn't be complaining about it.
I've been enlightened. I've always wanted to be just like you, and now that I have seen your ways, I will stop 'complaining' about them not coming to LA.

Seriously man, we aren't complaining, we are just trying to get them to come here.
Old 05.24.2006, 08:40 AM   #23
spiritbears
bad moon rising

spiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-festspiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
BUMP>>>>>>
Come on SY....give us a headliner in a smaller venue!!!!!!
Old 05.24.2006, 09:48 AM   #24
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I suggest they sneak into the Rancho Coffee Klatch or Smart City Grinds or something and only announce it on this forum. Private concert. But that's just me...I'm not greedy or anything.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 10:40 AM   #25
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
A secret show for the board members would be awesome. But really, any southern california show would be great.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 10:41 AM   #26
spiritbears
bad moon rising

How about the il corral or the smell????
Old 05.24.2006, 07:13 PM   #27
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I've been enlightened. I've always wanted to be just like you, and now that I have seen your ways, I will stop 'complaining' about them not coming to LA.

Seriously man, we aren't complaining, we are just trying to get them to come here.

ok i didn't quite understand that...? Anyway, fuck L.A., come up north

flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 10:07 PM   #28
spiritbears
bad moon rising

nooo don't fuck la....play a regular show there please!!!!
Old 05.25.2006, 08:53 AM   #29
spiritbears
bad moon rising

Yeah kegmama....
I was aghast when i saw that ....so wrong!!!!!
I don't give a fuck who the band is.....sy should open for nobody!!!!!
What many don't understand is that the socal shows are the closest we are going to get in the southwest..(Arizona, NM, Cali)
Old 05.25.2006, 12:47 PM   #30
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Opening is cool by me.

Think it. For one they're playing 3 sold out shows in San Francisco in a indoor arena.
They'll being playing for a audience that's as a whole are not there to see them. To play in front of crowds like that is challenging and challenges are good ya know.
There's gonna be kids at that show who have no idea who SY are and will love it and get down. Some will hate it and go buy beer. But exposing new minds to new sounds is a good thing, right?
Plus its bank for the band and man have you seen gas prices? Tour busses don't run on dreams my friends.
Me thinks they'll end up playing some small places here in the so cal hood, but if they don't hey road trip out east, they hit clubs there all the time time.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 03:33 PM   #31
spiritbears
bad moon rising

I can see your point silver...but i hope they didn't do that just for the cash....the kids yelling "sell-out" are starting to look sane...
SY needs to do a show in LA for THEIR fans...not PJ's....just sayin..
Old 05.25.2006, 03:51 PM   #32
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Eh. For me it's just a mixture of not wanting to be in a crowd that big, where I'll end up in the back unable to see anything, and not being able to get tickets. I wouldn't even stay for PJ. It's a huge inconvenience. But I sort of agree that it's greedy compared to those who have to drive 10 hours to get to the closest venue. I think it just comes down to the fact that I really want to see them, but not as bad as those people.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 08:10 PM   #33
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Its all about demand. Obviously there is a big demand just among the board members for a Los Angeles headlining show so it could definitely be in SY's interest to do one. Im not saying that they should just do it for the money, but I think the fact that there is so much demand should be enough for them to want to do a seperate LA show.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 08:16 PM   #34
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
That would be cool if they announced a show on the forum and forum only. Word would spread but, it would still be cool.
Old 05.25.2006, 10:33 PM   #35
spiritbears
bad moon rising

I just want one headline show in socal....don't care where when or why....
Please SY,,,,,,,,

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth