Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ok... shit's hit the fan: CHICAGO july 13th pitchfork fest, anyone comin'?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2007, 11:30 AM   #81
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
i didn see any of this since i was right in front of the soundboard, and it looked and sounded awesome from that vantage point. it didnt really seem that hectic from back there. i was on the rail in 93 in central park summerstage and someone was going over the top of my head every 10 seconds.

i wouldnt worry too much about mccarren pool show, i went both night last year and it was relatively calm, and definitely not as packed as it was at pitchfork, though it was a sold out show as well. webster hall this spring was very calm as well, no push and shove at all.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2007, 01:34 PM   #82
mattt74
empty page

mattt74 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
nice photo, max! thurston is my hero.

i was about 30 rows back and some drunk, stupid, high-ass, indie freakin hipster had to start like throwing his body around. i mean REALLY trying to take people out who were trying to enjoy the show. he start slamming people really hard!! he was getting too close to my gf so i got upset and threatened to lay his ass out if he didnt chill out. i felt bad but he cooled off.

i'm old. i cant stand this totally fake hipster look. Guys lets roll the pants back down. and NONE of you freaks went to Eagle beaver summer camp or wherever you get these random stupid urban outfitter t-shirts.

i'm so glad i'm all grown up.

i love sonic youth. bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
not at all, no fellows from the boards... just two persons that wondered around but they didn't even remember their nicknames.

oh look, here's why DAN rules:

I tell you, I had a blast. It has been WAY out there. WAY OUT. I am telling you.

mattt74 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2007, 01:49 PM   #83
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt74
got upset and threatened to lay his ass out if he didnt chill out.

hehe, nice one.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2007, 04:16 PM   #84
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Originally Posted by Forensic Scene
hey Max, whoever that guy is to the right of you with his girl friend went fucking psycho and started punching some dude behind him in the face. security had to pull that guy out. a girl started to claw at my arm after i asked her politley to stop pushing. people were fucking savage. however it was the best show i have ever been to, despite all the physical drama.

I got right up there to the front for DDN after scuming way past quite a few angry people, I think I saw that whole punch in the face thing. Some real tall gangly guy got real close to me and started pushing me and some 19 yr old girl around next to me. I shouted at him all eyebrows and fuck you's, he looked at me confused, and then he went closer to center stage (This is all right infront of the barricade) I saw some sort of altercation brake out between him and some guy and his girlfriend. But I decided that watching Silver Rocket was way cooler than watching dumb drunk shit. Guy and his girlfriend ended up leaving looking real pissed off. I tried to make room for them. And then I continued bouncing. All in all Hey Joni melted my face.

Hey there,

Forensic man, I witnessed the whole scene too as the "punch thing" went on, and I can tell you might be of help too, becuz this is what we are talking about and what I described before.

Richard, you too could tell that the mf was a drunk asshole just looking for some shit to happen. All I can tell is that the couple of persons involved were superfine people just willing to have some fun, and he had to defend his girl.

As I already said, I would've done the same. It was surreal to me, and I guess it felt the same for so many others, becuz everything was really nuts down there and I didn't really know what to think about it all.
Old 07.16.2007, 05:22 PM   #85
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
Wow, after reading these treads I can not believe all the different events / stories people have at this landmark show!

I was right by the sound board and for the most part had a decent experience. The sound seemed quiet and could have been turned up more. They seemed to get the mix better as the set played on. The one thing I thought was crazy was the amount of scenesters at the show. I never saw so many people constaintly keep leaving. Also like other people mentioned, there were a lot of people drunk or on something.

My one story is that right as they were ending trilogy some drunk dude passed out right by us, which interrupted us enjoying the end of daydream nation. Everyone seemed to help out to make sure this idiot was ok, by clearly out of the way and getting help (which took sometime to get a response from the staff). I was glad the dude was alright, but the timing could not have been worse. By the start of the encore everything was resolved. I also could not believe how many people left after the album and that did not stick around for the encore.

Despite the crowd and some early sound issues, I thought it was one of the best shows I have ever scene. I could not believe the energy they brought and how great the material sound after having it in the vault for many years. It was definitely worth it all!

Excelsior!
Old 07.21.2007, 09:35 AM   #86
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
I know I posted it up there too, but this really fits for the completion of the thread now...

http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/...Backline05.mp3

check out minute 02:53

I just got back home so I will set up all photos and videos for you guys and put them here and in the sharing section too...
Old 07.21.2007, 04:56 PM   #87
syntax-free
bad moon rising

syntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's asses
i was hoping there wouldn't be any idiots. i didn't do much, i just jumped around a bit when silver rocket got really energetic but i made sure not to hit anyone or anything. i even asked people beside/behind me if they were ok.

i know how much it sucks to see yr favourite band and not be able to enjoy it cuz you fear for your life. (kinda)
syntax-free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 06:54 PM   #88
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I apoligized many times for flesh contact due to my inability to prevent it. I was in the eye of the mother fucking hurricane and for some of the songs (the sprawl, hey joni) I had to jump to see and breathe even though I was only three rows back going coast to coast with the wave. It was strange sucking cold air and then going back down into the snakepit. Writhing....always writhing.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2007, 08:21 PM   #89
syntax-free
bad moon rising

syntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's assessyntax-free kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Originally Posted by Forensic Scene
hey Max, whoever that guy is to the right of you with his girl friend went fucking psycho and started punching some dude behind him in the face. security had to pull that guy out. a girl started to claw at my arm after i asked her politley to stop pushing. people were fucking savage. however it was the best show i have ever been to, despite all the physical drama.

I got right up there to the front for DDN after scuming way past quite a few angry people, I think I saw that whole punch in the face thing. Some real tall gangly guy got real close to me and started pushing me and some 19 yr old girl around next to me. I shouted at him all eyebrows and fuck you's, he looked at me confused, and then he went closer to center stage (This is all right infront of the barricade) I saw some sort of altercation brake out between him and some guy and his girlfriend. But I decided that watching Silver Rocket was way cooler than watching dumb drunk shit. Guy and his girlfriend ended up leaving looking real pissed off. I tried to make room for them. And then I continued bouncing. All in all Hey Joni melted my face.

Hey there,

Forensic man, I witnessed the whole scene too as the "punch thing" went on, and I can tell you might be of help too, becuz this is what we are talking about and what I described before.

Richard, you too could tell that the mf was a drunk asshole just looking for some shit to happen. All I can tell is that the couple of persons involved were superfine people just willing to have some fun, and he had to defend his girl.

As I already said, I would've done the same. It was surreal to me, and I guess it felt the same for so many others, becuz everything was really nuts down there and I didn't really know what to think about it all.

hmm just wondering what did the guy and his girl look like?
syntax-free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth