Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Primus song in a southpark episode
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.15.2006, 04:03 AM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
...Primus rule..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 06:40 PM   #22
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
The song I'm referring to is in the same episode where they have some big benefit concert and ween and Primus are two of the bands that play. Primus is wearing some weird animal suits and they start to play some insane hyperactive song and the crowd starts moshing. That's the one I'm talking about
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 06:41 PM   #23
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidZach
i used to like them, until I found out that les isnt really thar talented.

Wow
Old 08.15.2006, 06:45 PM   #24
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
for me, primus is always:

song starts: "ohh, this is really cool, the bassline is pretty intricate"
after one minute: "i'm not very into the vocals"
after two minutes: "where is the guitar anyway?"
after three minutes: "they haven't got into the chorus yet?!"
after four minutes: "les is still playing the same bassline as the intro?!"
after five minutes: "PLEASE KILL ME!!!"

You don't know what your talking about. People who don't know what they are talking about shouldn't diss primus. Not liking someones vocals is no reason to hate a band. I saw primus with a friend of mine and it was one of the most energetic and amazing shows I've ever seen

Primus are incredibly talented. They just don't play melodic music, it's all a-tonal. I like melody too but Primus is one of my favorite non melodic bands. Listen to To Defy the Laws of Tradition, Southbound Pachyderm, The year of the parrot, and tell me those guys have no talent and suck. Yeah that makes sense, someone who can play LEAD bass, not rhythm, and sing at the same time,. yeah, totally no talent at all. Jeez, like to see you do that
Old 08.15.2006, 07:04 PM   #25
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
You don't know what your talking about. People who don't know what they are talking about shouldn't diss primus. Not liking someones vocals is no reason to hate a band. I saw primus with a friend of mine and it was one of the most energetic and amazing shows I've ever seen

Primus are incredibly talented. They just don't play melodic music, it's all a-tonal. I like melody too but Primus is one of my favorite non melodic bands. Listen to To Defy the Laws of Tradition, Southbound Pachyderm, The year of the parrot, and tell me those guys have no talent and suck. Yeah that makes sense, someone who can play LEAD bass, not rhythm, and sing at the same time,. yeah, totally no talent at all. Jeez, like to see you do that

you didn't even listen to what he said. he was talking about how all primus songgs, however talented they may or may not be, statrt off sounding interesting but they just drag them on with lame gtr solos, annoying vocals and the same bass riff all the time. its nothing amazing. also, liek has been said (on the board/everywhere) millions of times, talent does not warrant good music. perfect example: steve vai, etc. and saying someone "don't know what they are talking about" is pretty silly thing to say because he is expressing his opinion on a band. (a well explained and valid opinion at that, he could have said something like "primus sucks" without any explanation.)

also, Primus is really quite "melodic", especially when put up against bands like Wolf Eyes or others like them who essentially have little to no melodic aspects to it.

southbound pachyderm is the only primus song aside from the SP themesong that i can honestly say i like.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 07:16 PM   #26
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
asskrack definitely got what i was trying to say, to a t; i won't explain myself further because it would be pointless.

but i have one more thing to say Eyeball: you love primus but, guess what? there are people who don't like them, it's not the end of the world. maybe you hear something i don't or you have a better appreciation for what they do than me, whatever, i gave primus several chances to win me over but it never happened. but so what? chances are you don't like most music i like, that doesn't mean i don't know what i'm talking about, that means we like different stuff in different music.

but primus atonal? that's the most stupid thing i've read here. when you listen to arab on radar, big black or darkthrone, then you'll understand what atonal means. primus are the opposite of atonal, the problem with them (in my opinion) is that they use too many notes, they are supertonal. talk about not knowning what you are talking about.

ps: i never said i hated them, i said they were boring.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 09:03 PM   #27
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
now let us consider this thread dead.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.15.2006, 10:46 PM   #28
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

I said you don't know what you are talking about because you don't. You said primus songs drag on with the same bassline and guitar parts and annoying vocal parts for the whole song. Someone also said Les Claypool isn't that talented. Those are both completely wrong, you should actually take the time to listen to a good number of songs by an artist before you try to pass judgement on them and say all their songs have the same repetative parts. Les Claypool is a virtuoso on the bass guitar

Once again, primus are talented musicians and songwriters

Ol diamond back sturgeon
Year of the Parrot
Frizzle Fry
Groundhog's Day
To Defy the Laws of Tradition
Southbound Pachyderm
Carpenter & the Dainty Bride
Rapscallion
etc

and the Brown Album and Antipop are both gigantic turds that should be flushed
Old 08.15.2006, 11:35 PM   #29
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
wow, primus fans are worse than the band itself.

Eyeball: by any chances, are you a bassist?
Old 08.16.2006, 12:03 AM   #30
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and the Brown Album and Antipop are both gigantic turds that should be flushed
Damn, I thought the Brown Album rocked......those drums were thunderous.
Old 08.16.2006, 04:27 PM   #31
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Won't you believe it is just my luck

No recess
No recess
No recess

won't you believe it is just my luck

I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
I don't care

don't care if it's old

I don't mind
I don't mind
I don't mind
I don't mind
I don't mind

don't have a mind

Get away
get away
get away
get away
get away

away from your home

I'm afraid
I'm afraid
I'm afraid
I'm afraid
I'm afraid GHOST!!

she said
she said
she said
she said
she said
she said
she said
she said

oh sorry, I got this repetative music stuck in my head
Old 08.16.2006, 04:31 PM   #32
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Ak, never liked the brown album. It was soooo boring to me. As for antipop, wow. Never thought Primus could sink that low. Sounds like they could have toured with Korn or something, gross. Laquerhead is a great tune though
Old 08.16.2006, 06:08 PM   #33
k-krack
invito al cielo

see, the thing with Nirvana is that they don't drag their songs for five to six minutes with boring ass gtr solos and quirky repetitive basslines. they are quick and to the point, and at least change it up for chorus', etc.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.16.2006, 06:13 PM   #34
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

1) who told you i like nirvana? anyway, you can say a lot of things about nirvana but one thing you can't say is that they weren't good songwriters, that's just being stupid. "school" is a good example of a song makes use of a simplifying theme (same lyrics all over again) to the better of a song.

2) there's repetitive music and there's monotonous annoying crap. good repetitive music: the fall, neu!, orthrelm's ov. listen to that to hear how repetitive music doesn't have to be boring and shitty.

3) give it a rest, will you? it's not that converting people into primus is going to make this a better world or win you a vacation in the caribbean.
Old 08.16.2006, 06:39 PM   #35
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

No recess
No recess
No recess

I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
I don't care

don't care if it's old

I don't mind
I don't mind
I don't mind
I don't mind
I don't mind

don't have a mind

Get away
get away
get away
get away
get away

away from your home

I'm afraid
I'm afraid
I'm afraid
I'm afraid
I'm afraid GHOST!!

she said
she said
she said
she said
she said
she said
she said
she said

oh sorry, I got this repetative music stuck in my head

Where do you live you wretched cunt? I'm going to fucking kill you with your incessant bantering about nothing. You assume shit like that everyone here listens to Nirvana or owns Siamese Dream. You're nothing but an ignorant cunt. Sure 'school' may be been repetitive and boring but at least Nirvana had songs that aren't. Primus has like 2 songs I enjoy hearing. Piss off with your terrible opinions.
Old 08.17.2006, 05:07 AM   #36
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Frizzle Fry is one of my top ten favorite albums ever.
Old 08.17.2006, 07:53 PM   #37
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

grandma take me home
grandma take me home
grandma take me home
grandma take me home
grandma take me home
grandma take me home
grandma take me home

Beat me outta me
Beat me outta me
Beat me outta me
Beat me outta me
Beat me outta me
Beat me outta me
Beat me outta me
Beat me outta me

She keeps it pumping straight to my heart

damn, repetative songs can get stuck in your head so easily

I just wish you could hear me humming the indentical non changing guitar parts over and over.
Old 08.17.2006, 07:55 PM   #38
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

damn, repetative songs can get stuck in your head so easily

I just wish you could hear me humming the indentical non changing guitar parts over and over.

It is almost the exact same as Primus' uninteresting non-changing bass line.
Old 08.17.2006, 07:58 PM   #39
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Where do you live you wretched cunt? I'm going to fucking kill you with your incessant bantering about nothing. You assume shit like that everyone here listens to Nirvana or owns Siamese Dream. You're nothing but an ignorant cunt. Sure 'school' may be been repetitive and boring but at least Nirvana had songs that aren't. Primus has like 2 songs I enjoy hearing. Piss off with your terrible opinions.

Guess I assumed right about the Nirvana thing huh? Ah, such a comment could have only come from a troll as huge as this incessant pompous phony
Old 08.17.2006, 07:59 PM   #40
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
Guess I assumed right about the Nirvana thing huh? Ah, such a comment could have only come from a troll as huge as this incessant pompous phony

Actually, I HATE Nirvana. Kurt Cobain is such an overrated twat. Thanks for assuming wrong, though.

What am I a phony of? Enlighten me you piece of worthless trash.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth