Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Worst cover versions ever!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2007, 10:02 AM   #21
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Stereophonics doing I wanna be your dog....
Id agree with the Marilyn Manson cover of tainted love too, it takes away all the sleaze and just makes it panto but in a bad way
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 10:41 AM   #22
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Placebo - Twentieth Century Boy. Unspeakable cover of the T Rex choon by the nasally challenged Brian Molko and Co. When it comes to the history of Benelux rock, Molko is truly the missing link between Golden Earring and The Smurfs.

Megadeth - God Save The Queen. Dave "Ned Flanders" Mustaine is such a Pistols fan, he doesn't even need to bother to learn the correct lyrics - substituting "No more council tenancies" with "no more cunt-like tendencies". Thankfully, Megadeth's career started a non-stop descent from here.

Tom Jones - Kiss. Mr Woodward turns the fey Prince and The Revolution summery pop number into a sweaty, medallioned, Brut 33-wearing sweatathon, assisted by the Art Of Noise and their Fairlight. The Jones should stay in Vegas and never descend on a recording studio again.
Old 04.19.2007, 11:04 AM   #24
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Megadeth - God Save The Queen. Dave "Ned Flanders" Mustaine is such a Pistols fan, he doesn't even need to bother to learn the correct lyrics - substituting "No more council tenancies" with "no more cunt-like tendencies". Thankfully, Megadeth's career started a non-stop descent from here.

megadeth did anarchy, not god save the queen.

i agree too, although after the album that has anarchy, they recorded rust in peace which is amazing, then did a bunch of albums of questionable quality, after they broke up only to reform as dave and the imps.

i did laugh at that "ned flanders" stab, you're so repped!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 11:06 AM   #25
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
britney spears doing satisfaction and i love rock n' roll, anyone?

(i mostly like brit but she can't do covers).
Old 04.19.2007, 11:09 AM   #26
sarramkrop

I bet she thought that Joan Jett wrote the original and not The Arrows.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 11:25 AM   #27
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
check these and tell us if they're bad.
http://pressrandom.com/2006/07/12/covers/
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 12:34 PM   #28
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

ohh i remember one!

i recently saw some performace where willie nelson played with sheryl crow and both butchered johnny cash and june carter's "jackson" to death.
Old 04.19.2007, 12:38 PM   #29
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Seconding the Ronan Keating cover of Fairytale of New York... the cringe-tastic bit where he changes the 'you scumbag you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot' to something that does not scan at all.

Those of you with sensitive dispositions might light to hide their ears at this point.

I'm going to dig up my thread about good covers. That'll take the pain away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 12:39 PM   #30
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Stereophonics doing I wanna be your dog....
Id agree with the Marilyn Manson cover of tainted love too, it takes away all the sleaze and just makes it panto but in a bad way

A prick writes... the original wasn't sleazy in the slightest; the Soft Cell version was though.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.19.2007, 05:32 PM   #31
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Phil Collins' - Tomorrow Never Knows.

Phil gets a lot of stick here and I tend to be one of those who tries to defend him (at least a little bit.) But this is just too much. Hideous from start to finish. Evil even, if you feel like getting extreme about it. And when it comes to PC, that's never too difficult.

Guns n Roses - Sympathy for the Devil.

From the Interview with a Vampire soundtrack this horribly misguided effort manages to bleed any menace from the original and in so doing actually demonstrates just how far from greatness GnR always were. You actually believe Jagger when he sings of being a 'man of wealth and taste' but Axl? Wealth undoubtedly, but taste? Me thinks not.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 05:57 PM   #32
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
A prick writes... the original wasn't sleazy in the slightest; the Soft Cell version was though.

I mean the Soft Cell version, seeing as its the most well known and definitive
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2007, 12:52 AM   #33
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
Placebo - Where Is My Mind?

They put out all what made that song beautiful, worst is that they replaced Kim choirs by some awful organic Molko voice, it's unlistenable. Blah

Agreed. Total shit.

A friend of mine who's really into Placebo played this for me once cause he knew I liked the Pixies. I threw up all over him as an expression of my rage.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2007, 05:42 AM   #34
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Regarding Placebo they butchered lots of great songs on the 2cd-edition of Sleeping with ghosts.

Running up that hill, Bigmouth strikes again, Ballade de Melody Nelson...
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 06:03 AM   #35
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfallinglikesnow
I totally agree...eek!

me too.
god i'd tried to block this out, iconic amongst bad covers. the worst perhaps?
why Lou ? why?
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 06:19 AM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I mean the Soft Cell version, seeing as its the most well known and definitive

I'm still being a twat when I say that depends on how old you are. I can't imagine there's that many Northern Soul fans round here, but at some point somone's going to listen to dance music/ music to dance to round here.

Quote:
Old 04.21.2007, 06:30 AM   #37
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Ah yes, the original by Gloria Jones (or the 2nd Mrs Marc Bolan, if you will) - a high-steppin', hand clappin' piece of 60's soul that in itself is good.
Old 04.21.2007, 06:31 AM   #38
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm still being a twat when I say that depends on how old you are. I can't imagine there's that many Northern Soul fans round here, but at some point somone's going to listen to dance music/ music to dance to round here.

Have you ever heard Gloria Jones' alternate version of Tainted Love, with Marc Bolan (although I think he only plays on it, no singing)?

Gloria was a backing singer for T-Rex after her northern soul heyday, and she and Bolan had a child together (Rolan Bolan).
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2009, 03:48 PM   #39
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
http://vimeo.com/6424375
Old 09.13.2009, 03:55 PM   #40
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

Aaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's asses
eletronic remix with a beat, of pink floyd song 'another brick in the wall (part 2)'

Aaaadrpk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth