Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic humans?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2006, 07:31 AM   #21
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
If that is true then it's bollocks for them to do that.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 12:48 PM   #22
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
I don't believe that one for a minute.
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 05:29 PM   #23
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
yes who is this grammy award winning band.... and yes it is fucked if they did this, however 100% verification would be neccasary. stories are stories are stories are fiction unless they are non fiction

I really don't want to say the name of the band, because I doubt my friend would want the story getting back to him....this is after all the Sonic Youth site.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 05:33 PM   #24
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
I don't believe that one for a minute.

I'm not saying I believe it either....but my friend seemed so hurt when he was telling the story, and he told me that he was shocked they could behave that way...I don't know why he would make it up.

But Sonic Youth got their gear stolen a while back, so if it is true maybe that was karma.

Old 05.25.2006, 08:30 PM   #25
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
I really don't want to say the name of the band, because I doubt my friend would want the story getting back to him....this is after all the Sonic Youth site.

The fact that this is a Sonic Youth site is all the more reason to share the specific origin of this Sonic Youth-related story. If you can actually name the band your friend is in, I'll probably believe everything you said. I don't make a habit of trusting musicians. In general, they aren't decent people, at least not in that aspect.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 08:46 PM   #26
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth playing with a grammy award winning band doesn't sound right to me...
Old 05.25.2006, 08:53 PM   #27
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Well I don't really believe or deny the story, but I can kind of understand not saying the band's name if it's true. It does hurt the credibility of the story substantially, but it makes sense. Oh well. It was a while ago, anyway, even if it did happen.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 10:37 PM   #28
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

They weren't grammy winning way back when....they only won a grammy recently...they're not really super rich or anything and it's not likely that anyone here is a huge fan of them....if it WERE true, I wouldn't want Sonic Youth finding out that their little episode was being discussed...then it might get back to my friend somehow and I wouldn't want to be responsible...although that is probably not likely to happen.

Old 05.25.2006, 10:49 PM   #29
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
They weren't grammy winning way back when....they only won a grammy recently...they're not really super rich or anything and it's not likely that anyone here is a huge fan of them....if it WERE true, I wouldn't want Sonic Youth finding out that their little episode was being discussed...then it might get back to my friend somehow and I wouldn't want to be responsible...although that is probably not likely to happen.

just name the band because it makes it sound like you are just making shit up
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 12:15 AM   #30
something
bad moon rising

something kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
just name the band because it makes it sound like you are just making shit up

i second that
something is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 07:25 AM   #31
supersonicsix
little trouble girl

supersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
lol i can understand that, i'm like that but paranoid to the max about these type of things. hearing this doesn't change my opinion of them, i mean it's an awful thing to do, but i can live with the fact that they did that (if they even did) everyone doesn't mean stuff.
supersonicsix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 07:44 AM   #32
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Oh the tedium.................

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 08:05 AM   #33
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
if it WERE true, I wouldn't want Sonic Youth finding out that their little episode was being discussed...then it might get back to my friend somehow and I wouldn't want to be responsible...

If it's true, then that's all the more reason to take SY to task for it, right on their own message board. I don't believe it's true.
Old 05.26.2006, 08:22 AM   #34
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
what's the point..?
at best, it's hearsay, and seem highly improbable..
if sonic youth waanted mainstream success, they could've used their chances differently during the 90s.. their preference was in the other way - the chased away the mainstream attention with their attitude and out put..
they take relationships as a mean to an end? i don't think so.. they have so many stoires with influential people, some mainstream.. chloe sevigny, harmony korine, macaulay culkin, not to mention musicians too...

come on..
daycare nation hints something, and the situation gets so awkward, he can't name names, and the story can't be verified, and sonic youth end up looking like assholes..
don't think so...

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:50 AM   #35
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth fans are so defensive!
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:52 AM   #36
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
best defense is aggressive offence!

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:59 AM   #37
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Do you love Sonic Youth or not? Their music? Their lyrics? Art? Does anything else matter, or affect your love of these things in any way? Including their personalities?
Old 05.26.2006, 10:17 AM   #38
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
Do you love Sonic Youth or not? Their music? Their lyrics? Art? Does anything else matter, or affect your love of these things in any way? Including their personalities?

You ask a good question. I think there's a difference between loving a band's music and supporting the band. I used to love Rage Against the Machine. Then, I read about their bass player hating all police and imploring people to blow up government buildings. At that point, my conscience would not allow me to support such a lowlife by buying anymore of his records or going to his shows. That doesn't mean I don't think their music is good.

If I thought Sonic Youth were the kind of band that would willfully destroy people's equipment, I wouldn't buy their records, either. But, I have no reason to believe that's true.
Old 05.26.2006, 10:17 AM   #39
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
I cant believe you guys are actually going along with this shit.....the guys obviously messing with us, grammy award winning band?? With Sonic Youth?? Come on....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 10:24 AM   #40
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
I cant believe you guys are actually going along with this shit.....the guys obviously messing with us, grammy award winning band?? With Sonic Youth?? Come on....

Past grammy winners include White Stripes, Wilco, Beck, Radiohead, Nirvana, Green Day, REM, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys,etc. SY has played with some of these bands.

I have other reasons for not belieiving this story.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth