Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Do Sonic Youth Have A Show In China?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2007, 12:46 PM   #61
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Ministry of Culture approval doesn't come fast... I hope good news to break soon!

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 11:53 AM   #62
a washing machine
empty page

a washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud ofa washing machine has much to be proud of
it will be not a problem in china, cause sometimes thurston do some kung fu things with the guitar
Old 03.14.2007, 03:24 AM   #63
kslim
empty page

kslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhan_china
Heard the news yesterday. Will def. be there for atleast one show.

Does anyone know when the tickets will be on sale?

Holy crap are you in Wuhan?

If so...We must know each other. Ever been to Vox?

A bunch of us in Wuhan are going together in a group. I think like ten people are taking the night train to Beijing. But nobody has any info on show tickets yet. Maybe they can't start selling until after the Ministry approves???? I hope the band remembers to bribe those Wenhua guys

Does anybody have any info on the venue in Beijing? Star Live is it? Where is that?

Sonic Youth in China...
If it all goes off without a hitch....
It'll be pee-yr-pants awesome...
kslim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 04:26 PM   #64
chinese youth
empty page

chinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to behold
hey,i'm in nanjing of china.I m a chinese girl
.I 'll want to Beijing and Shanghai's two Places to see SY's performances,
because I think they can sing the different song in two performances
. I like sy's all songs.
I have made a book together with my friendthe book is about SYS
all lyricsesITS very very nice
I dare to say that, the world only has this
I hope sonicyouth band member's signature in this book firstpage if I can see them in ChinaSONIC YOUTH ,I LOVE YOU ALL THE TIME.
MY MSN:WOAIWOMA2006@YAHOO.COM.CN
MY E-MAIL:WOAIWOMA2006@YAHOO.COM.CN

chinese youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 04:49 PM   #65
chinese youth
empty page

chinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to beholdchinese youth is a splendid one to behold
http://www.blogcn.com/user16/xiaoxuexiaoxue/index.html
it's my blog.welcome.hahahaha.....
Old 03.15.2007, 01:02 AM   #66
kslim
empty page

kslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud ofkslim has much to be proud of
You made that? Awesome. If Sonic Youth saw that, they'd be impressed I think.
kslim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2007, 11:43 AM   #67
chinese youth
empty page

Be that I made together with my friend.I hope that they can like it , I want to let them sign. The place signing has all stayed well.
Old 03.15.2007, 12:37 PM   #68
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
sonicat? are you from china?>?? I have few chineese==( how the hell you spell it) friends, asked them to bring me sonic youth cd from china (you know with them chinese alphabet and stuff on the cover). They couldnt find any, which is unbeliebvable to me. Is that possible? Or they just didn;t know where to go and buy it? sorry for my spelling, I'm bit drunk @ mo. lucky you europeans, who were in china!!!

chinese ALPHABET??

you gotta change yr brand of liquor
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2007, 04:38 AM   #69
kaka
empty page

kaka is a glorious beacon of lightkaka is a glorious beacon of lightkaka is a glorious beacon of lightkaka is a glorious beacon of lightkaka is a glorious beacon of lightkaka is a glorious beacon of light
it's great to see some chinese guys here
i'am in Nanjing,and i 'll go to shanghai in Apr 24,escaping from my job
Old 03.21.2007, 05:18 AM   #70
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
chinese ALPHABET??

you gotta change yr brand of liquor

hehe.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 02:35 AM   #71
msittig
empty page

msittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to behold
Tickets are on sale NOW:

http://www.shanghaiist.com/archives/..._youth_tic.php

Quote:
Thanks for waiting — please call us 9am tomorrow when our hotline opens to reserve tickets for Sonic Youth. We only have 1,000 tickets to sell and we expect this show to sell out in double quick time. We don't want you to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Sonic Youth play here in China! Check www.spli-t.com to see the Shanghai Concert Hall seating plan.
SHANGHAI HOTLINE: 6474 0787
PRICES: 380/580

I have some co-workers who have already ordered tix. They are "reserve now, pay later". Oh, and "380/580" translates to roughly $50/75. Not bad for a thousand-and-some person hall, but a little expensive for China (underground shows typically go for 20-50).
Old 03.29.2007, 02:41 AM   #72
sonicat
empty page

sonicat is a splendid one to beholdsonicat is a splendid one to beholdsonicat is a splendid one to beholdsonicat is a splendid one to beholdsonicat is a splendid one to beholdsonicat is a splendid one to beholdsonicat is a splendid one to behold
THX!
sonicat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2007, 01:00 PM   #73
msittig
empty page

msittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to beholdmsittig is a splendid one to behold

Old 04.11.2007, 11:48 AM   #74
tcts
empty page

tcts has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hi all u guys, i'm from HongKong
i'm planing to join the show at Shanghai
(only one .......to go)
is it too late for buying ticket?

-any hk ppl in here?
tcts is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 06:01 AM   #75
wuhan_china
empty page

wuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud ofwuhan_china has much to be proud of
Got the tickets! Going to see them tomorrow. Can't wait!!!! Yay!
wuhan_china is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 06:53 AM   #76
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
What's with all the Chinese people suddenly joining? Oh well, good to have diversity! Welcome!
Old 04.23.2007, 12:59 PM   #77
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
some pics from the beijing gig:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saisaiilli/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermy/

hope to catch a set list at somepoint
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 03:23 PM   #78
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
cool pics. I'm going to China in july... beautiful country!
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2007, 07:28 PM   #79
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
also just added, a amazing raucous rendition of Candle from Beijing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w61eFI3xPxc
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2007, 01:14 AM   #80
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://mfanreports.blogspot.com/2007...nic-youth.html
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth