Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page saddam hanging
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.05.2006, 04:52 AM   #1
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
they just reached a verdict and they're gonna hang saddam in the start of 2007. they should have left him in jail for the rest of his life to get raped by prisoners. that would be a worse punishment
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 05:49 AM   #2
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
im sure there will be an appeal...
Old 11.05.2006, 05:50 AM   #3
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I think he should'nt get hanged. It would be to easy. Let him spend the rest of his days in a jail, thinking about the atrocities he's responsible for.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 06:35 AM   #4
ondskan
children of satan

ondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's asses
Chinese watertorture.
ondskan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 07:27 AM   #5
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
kinda obvious from the moment of the trial opening that this was gonna be the end result but an appeal will probably happen.
Old 11.05.2006, 07:28 AM   #6
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
THe trial of Saddam is a nice piece of moral theatre, and it's good to have him facing his responsibility. But if we're wishing death upon Saddam, what should be done about the people who actually carried out his policies? Surely in a situation such as this, we should hold all people responsible for their actions? Untold thousands of people were killed by Saddam's policies in Iraq, but they weren't killed by Saddam alone; on each and every occaision there was another depraved, perverted person willing to execute, rape or torture the victim/s. There's many thousands of those guilty people now enjoying their freedom in Iraq, and every single one of them is just as culpable for their actions as Saddam is for his.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 09:31 AM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
It's a start, I guess.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 09:37 AM   #8
The Usher
stalker

The Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's assesThe Usher kicks all y'all's asses
do you think it will be on telly? Can't wait for that one!

The Usher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 09:56 AM   #9
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Mr. Priest,

Everything you said is 100% true. Saddam did not do it alone......however, Saddam alone had the power to stop the torture / killings and simply chose not to.

I'm sure some of those working under Saddam enjoyed the killing and have the same sort of evil in their soul. At the same time, I'm sure there are some who were forced into those actions to protect their own life or the life of their families.

Saddam's death will never make up for all the harm done to so many over the years. For those who still live in that part of the world, I'm sure his death will bring a peaceful feeling knowing that Saddam will never be able to hurt anyone else again. For those who believe in a God / heaven & hell......"day of judgment God is calling".

Firstly, let me say categorically that I have tidied up the first sentence in the post that you quoted.

Secondly, I would add that what you say is very true, but the plain fact as I see it is that thousands of serious criminals are being pardoned by our inactivity. It does worry me that in many hundreds (maybe thousands) of cases, soldiers acted largely on their own impulse. Saddam proposed policies against many of his own peoples, but he certainly could not have had the time to order every rape, beating or murder that was committed. The fact that much of Iraq was vocally opposed to Saddam shows to my mind that morals in Iraq were not unknown.

In many cases, the troops who committed rape and murder did so because they believe it was OK to do so and one can only assume that a large number of them - the ones who still propound a Saddamist agenda - have not changed their philosophy. They shouldn't be living next to decent people, and they certainly shouldn't be getting integrated into Iraq's security and law-enforcement forces.

Old 11.05.2006, 09:56 AM   #10
Jico

death penalty is wrong.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 10:07 AM   #11
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jico
death penalty is wrong.

I genuinely cannot see whay the death penalty is considered more inhumane than keeping someone locked in a cell for decades with no (or very limited) rights to see friends or family. My own instinct is to say that I would rather die a quick death than spend the next 40 or 50 years in a small solitary room with no faclities, eating crap food and having maybe an hour a day to do some minor activity, knowing that it'll be the same for ever more.

I'll bet there's a part of Saddam that wishes he had been shot dead instead of being captured and put through the humiliation of a trial.

Old 11.05.2006, 11:52 AM   #12
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
sweeeeeet.

wait, they are actually going to hang him?!
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 12:37 PM   #13
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i suppose its a momentous occasion and he had it coming sadly however it will do nothing to alter the mess iraq has become and change its future.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 02:14 PM   #14
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
sweeeeeet.

wait, they are actually going to hang him?!

yeah
Old 11.05.2006, 02:30 PM   #15
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
Have him flayed alive by kittens i say. Or dipped in chocolate and wrapped in santa foil. Anything that means that he dies but cannot be taken seriously as a martyr. Suggestions for comedy deaths?
Confucious is sex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 02:42 PM   #16
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I think it would be funny if he were blugeoned to death by large dildos.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 02:44 PM   #17
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
tickled to death.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 03:19 PM   #18
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
no way! that's the verdict?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2006, 03:46 PM   #19
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

i think when he dies the same things gonna happen with him as it happened to hitler in little nicky....great movie
Old 11.05.2006, 04:25 PM   #20
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
YES - many of the guilty will go unpunished. There is no way to convict everyone who took place in the horrors. However, I do feel many will face justice long after Saddam has been executed. It may take several years for this to come about, but it will happen!

It's very comparable to Hitler. Many who worked with Hitler have faced justice. For some, it was just a few years after that war ended. For others, it took as long as just a few years ago......and then for some others, they couldn't live with their guilt and took their own lives. Germany is a much different country today than when Hitler was in power. We may all be dead before it comes about, but Iraq will eventually change as well. I believe Saddam's execution will help continue this process.

I hope it does. In fact, since they are now in society without Saddam's regime, I sincerely hope that these people manage to change their ways somewhat and embrace a philosophy rather more generous than their former leader's.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth