Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A Fucking Wierd Video
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.01.2006, 10:36 AM   #1
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I found this weird ass video called "Rubber Johnny". Now you may have already seen it, but don't ruin the surprise for the ones who haven't.
I haven't heard the audio yet, but from what I saw, the audio will be just as interesting. Take a look.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/rubberjohnny.html

Please discuss after viewing. Thank You
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 10:59 AM   #2
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
i've already seen it
thought it was pretty stupid...
Old 04.01.2006, 10:59 AM   #3
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i dont trust this website. have you ever seen the "cool lightning" video?. it shows lightning and then this crazy clown pops out at you. i dont dig that. but i'll watch this one with my speakers off first
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 11:09 AM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
i've already seen it
thought it was pretty stupid...

It does kind of reminds me of Tool videos. You know, that wierd head shape shaking uncotrolably. But, if you've already seen it, & thought it was stupid, then why'd ya' post? Just leave it alone if you're not interested.
-George Carlin
Old 04.01.2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen it before. It's by Chris CUnningham, but is often seen as an APhex Twin video because it's his afx237 v.7 from the LP drukqs that is utilised as soundtrack.

It's the DVD film that accompanies a short Cunningham book, Rubber Johnny, which is a series of images of bits of his body, contorted and merged into horror-type imagery. When you've watched it, advice for those with the ability is to watch the film at reduced speed to appreciate what's done with lights etc. The use of plastic prosthetics in the film is very well done.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 05:58 PM   #6
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Further to that post, I should say that Sir Aphex Twin uses the film to accompany his stage performance of the song. So it's become an Aphex Twin video, I suppose.

Old 04.04.2006, 01:49 PM   #7
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

I actually find this video much more disturbing than the so-called 'horror' films that are merely a chance to shock. I think it's great that so much can be achieved on a low budget without resrting to 'cheap tricks'. So there!

Old 04.04.2006, 01:53 PM   #8
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I don't know much about the history behind this video, but it sounds like it has an interesting one at that.
-George Carlin
Old 04.04.2006, 01:58 PM   #9
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Cool video, but the end ruins the whole thing once the song starts playing.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 02:03 PM   #10
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Yeah, I didn't get to hear the audio because of my sound card problems.
But, I'm glad that I didn't have to hear the bad song.
-George Carlin
Old 04.04.2006, 02:05 PM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Yeah, I didn't get to hear the audio because of my sound card problems.
But, I'm glad that I didn't have to hear the bad song.

The audio at the start is great, and it sounds pretty realistic and scary. It starts out with a man asking it questions, but then later when it sows it in the wheelchair, the song starts and it takes every expression of horror away from it.
Old 04.04.2006, 02:06 PM   #12
stirling
bad moon rising

stirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's asses
I stumbled on this yesterday.
stirling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 02:31 PM   #13
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling
I stumbled on this yesterday.

haha...wwhhaattt thheee fuuucckkk

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth