Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What do you think?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.11.2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I've always had this kind of fucked up romanticism about the Cramps and about Lux and Ivy's marriage and at the same time ultra-badness. They pulled it off until he died, or so it seems. But did they always?

I've never read a Cramps biography (do any exist)?

Has anybody heard or just have interesting theories as to whether they ever talked about divorce or fought about somebody that one of them slept with that the other didn't approve of?

They just made their insane lifestyle look so easy and so fun. Was it always?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 06:37 PM   #2
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
There's two biographies that I know of - one by Dick Porter, the other by Ian Johnston. Neither of them are much more than fan-pieces though.

Of the two, Porter's book goes into a bit more detail about their relationship. I don't remember it mentioning any instances of infidelity or jealousy but, as I said, the book really isn't that indepth about anything. I believe that Jeffrey Lee Pierce was in love with Ivy for a while ('For the Love of Ivy') but that it was unrequited. Other than that I don't think there's much scandal with them.

I used to know someone whose band went on tour with them during the 80s and he told me they were almost absurdly normal offstage.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I knew you'd be the first to answer. So it wasn't the crazy metro-sexual open thing it seemed on stage when Lux was grabbing chicks from the audience and making out with them and stuff?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2009, 05:36 AM   #4
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I read Ivy and Lux first met when he offered her a ride when she was hitchhiking.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth