Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.16.2011, 02:50 AM   #14261
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Ikiru is one of the few movies to make me weep.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2011, 03:27 AM   #14262
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Also tried watching Grandma's House...

It has Uncle Leo from Seinfeld (who died recently RIP) and actually had some decent shots in it. Not too thrilling though (neither was Open House, for that matter) and I wasn't all too disappointed when the VHS tape went to complete shit less than halfway through.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2011, 04:43 AM   #14263
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
quote from review: If I had a time machine I would just use it to go back to the 80s and bang Lydia Lunch while she talks dirty with big words.

Scenario: Lydia Lunch is relaxing at home when suddenly a spacetime vortex opens up in her front room. You step out of it and announce - " Ms. Lunch I'm here from the future and I'm going to bang you. Please talk dirty with big words."

Duh! How likely is she to comply with that? Get real, that would never happen.

On second thoughts.....She's probably just the kind of person who'd go for that. Put me down for a ticket on your Tardis.

hah

3/10

Old 03.16.2011, 04:58 AM   #14264
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

also

driver - 9/10

the hit - 9/10

Old 03.16.2011, 05:08 AM   #14265
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses

7/9.5

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2011, 06:48 AM   #14266
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

always loved those kitties!

Old 03.16.2011, 08:27 AM   #14267
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

just watched the new lynch short LADY BLUE SHANGHAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gmisZlnyRM

okay, it's not new, as he did it last may (!). Seriously, I am not the hippest person ever, but I do keep up with directors and films and shit, I mean Ki-Duk Kim could release a short of him farting and I'd have it on DVD by this time next week. You know. Packard, Jost, Giuseppe, Trecartin, Kitano, Fournier, Godard, Tsukamoto, these are dudes who have like 10 fans a piece nowadays and yet the minute any of these dudes even JOKE about a new film, the msg boards are lit up, as is FB and shit. Even KORINE and Trash Humpers (one of the worst films ever made) -- while most people agreeing he sucks and hasn't done anything good in well over a decade -- still gets plenty of hype. But 10 months went by since this film and I've never heard one person ever, EVER talk about it, in any way, shape, or form. I've never seen a msg board post about it -- not even on imdb -- never even seen a twitchfilms post, NOTHING. No website/board/blog/PERSON I've ever seen, in any way shape or form has posted that Lynch released a new short film 10 months ago. The only thing I can think of is that people were really really disappointed with Inland. Which is understandable. And all those shorts he's made since then, like Darked Room, Boat, and stuff? I mean, those are all horrible, all pretty easily 0/10's, probably. Just boring bland DV experiments that border on self-parody.

So, yeah, I know Lynch isn't very popular nowadays, but... still, it took 10 months for me to see this film -- or to hear about it at all? I mean... is this a fluke.. did everyone here already know about it and just didn't feel the need to talk bout it? Has everyone on the net seen it secretly? Seriously. I am really curious now. I guess what I'm asking is.. how the hell did Lynch put out a 20 minute new film without anyone in the world noticing or caring? I thought this guy was some big-time cult hero or something. I mean, when Tsukamoto put out Tetsuo 3, same deal. This guy was, at one point, huge. It may not seem like it nowadays, but films like Tetsuo and Tokyo Fist and Snake of June were HUGE cult films at one point. I guess the same goes for Miike.. used to, whenever a Miike film came out, there'd be a huge celebration (online, at least). Are cult films dead? It seems like it. It seems like no one really cares about underground directors... it seems like there's this huge void. I know DVD sales are nonexistant. I know netflix does not carry independant DVD's anymore (they're not even renting out new Criterion films anymore -- you know Criterion, right? Home of the best films ever made and stuff). This just blows me away, sorta. No one gives a fuck about movies anymore. Well ,anyway, click the link above and you, too, can see the new Lynch short, which was his first since 2007's awful short "Boat". It feels along the same lines as Inland/Mulholland and everything else he's been doing for the past 15 years or so. And yeah, it's supposed to be a long form ad for a purse or some garbage, but really, it is an honest-to-god Lynch film in the end. I dunno what rating I'd give it, I liked it better than Inland Empire at least.

Old 03.16.2011, 10:37 AM   #14268
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Not technically a movie, but I've been enjoying season 2 of Twin Peaks the past day or two
Old 03.16.2011, 11:13 AM   #14269
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

yeah man season 2 is so much better than the first. WINDHAM EARL kciks so much ass. I'm glad they wrapped up the Laura Palmer story. The way the show ends was so badass, season 3 would have been surreal and amazing as fuck, too bad it never got to happen.

Old 03.16.2011, 12:24 PM   #14270
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
just watched the new lynch short LADY BLUE SHANGHAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gmisZlnyRM

okay, it's not new, as he did it last may (!). Seriously, I am not the hippest person ever, but I do keep up with directors and films and shit, I mean Ki-Duk Kim could release a short of him farting and I'd have it on DVD by this time next week. You know. Packard, Jost, Giuseppe, Trecartin, Kitano, Fournier, Godard, Tsukamoto, these are dudes who have like 10 fans a piece nowadays and yet the minute any of these dudes even JOKE about a new film, the msg boards are lit up, as is FB and shit. Even KORINE and Trash Humpers (one of the worst films ever made) -- while most people agreeing he sucks and hasn't done anything good in well over a decade -- still gets plenty of hype. But 10 months went by since this film and I've never heard one person ever, EVER talk about it, in any way, shape, or form. I've never seen a msg board post about it -- not even on imdb -- never even seen a twitchfilms post, NOTHING. No website/board/blog/PERSON I've ever seen, in any way shape or form has posted that Lynch released a new short film 10 months ago. The only thing I can think of is that people were really really disappointed with Inland. Which is understandable. And all those shorts he's made since then, like Darked Room, Boat, and stuff? I mean, those are all horrible, all pretty easily 0/10's, probably. Just boring bland DV experiments that border on self-parody.

So, yeah, I know Lynch isn't very popular nowadays, but... still, it took 10 months for me to see this film -- or to hear about it at all? I mean... is this a fluke.. did everyone here already know about it and just didn't feel the need to talk bout it? Has everyone on the net seen it secretly? Seriously. I am really curious now. I guess what I'm asking is.. how the hell did Lynch put out a 20 minute new film without anyone in the world noticing or caring? I thought this guy was some big-time cult hero or something. I mean, when Tsukamoto put out Tetsuo 3, same deal. This guy was, at one point, huge. It may not seem like it nowadays, but films like Tetsuo and Tokyo Fist and Snake of June were HUGE cult films at one point. I guess the same goes for Miike.. used to, whenever a Miike film came out, there'd be a huge celebration (online, at least). Are cult films dead? It seems like it. It seems like no one really cares about underground directors... it seems like there's this huge void. I know DVD sales are nonexistant. I know netflix does not carry independant DVD's anymore (they're not even renting out new Criterion films anymore -- you know Criterion, right? Home of the best films ever made and stuff). This just blows me away, sorta. No one gives a fuck about movies anymore. Well ,anyway, click the link above and you, too, can see the new Lynch short, which was his first since 2007's awful short "Boat". It feels along the same lines as Inland/Mulholland and everything else he's been doing for the past 15 years or so. And yeah, it's supposed to be a long form ad for a purse or some garbage, but really, it is an honest-to-god Lynch film in the end. I dunno what rating I'd give it, I liked it better than Inland Empire at least.

very cool thanx for sharing

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2011, 01:30 PM   #14271
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah man season 2 is so much better than the first. WINDHAM EARL kciks so much ass. I'm glad they wrapped up the Laura Palmer story. The way the show ends was so badass, season 3 would have been surreal and amazing as fuck, too bad it never got to happen.

I have the prequel movie in line afterwards. Overall, I feel that it's one of those that i should probably watch through at least a 2nd time to fully grasp what's going on.
Old 03.16.2011, 01:36 PM   #14272
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
I have access to netflix finally.

I have a friend who has been pestering me to start watching battlestar gallatica and another friend who has been pestering me to start watching twin peaks.

Which should I choose?
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2011, 02:47 PM   #14273
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
also

the hit - 9/10

the hit, niiiice! stamp is really a piece of work in it
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2011, 08:06 PM   #14274
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
"scum". i love alan clarke, especially this and "made in britain". just brutal depictions of violence in realistic settings. "Scum" i feel is the most affecting prison film of all time, with fantastic fight scenes, one of the most disturbing rape scenes ever put to film, and amazing performances. ray winstone was already excellet at playing nails tough anti-heroes, and even though im prolly bigger than he was in the film, he scares the shit out of me.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 08:02 AM   #14275
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I have access to netflix finally.

I have a friend who has been pestering me to start watching battlestar gallatica and another friend who has been pestering me to start watching twin peaks.

Which should I choose?

well, twin peaks is the better of the two, I guess, but I'd say.. watch mighty boosh. And CORNDOG MAN! and touch me in the morning!

netflix has kinda lost its way, it used to be a fucking POWERHOUSE 4 years ago, back when you could rent all sorts of obscure independant films that werent even available on torrents. nowadays, they don't even rent out new indie films anymore. they're switching to instant-watch-only, as in.. they won't be renting out dvd's at all, probaly in the next year.

Old 03.17.2011, 12:57 PM   #14276
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I guess the only problem with this is that I kinda like Troll 2 and always have. I don't consider it to be the worst movie ever, or even close to it. It's just a genuinely entertaining film. I'd watch it any day over IRREVERSIBLE or most of Daron Aronofsky's films, any of Richard Kelley's crap (Darko, Southland Tales, the Box), Antichrist (and most of Von Trier's crap -- I don't like to use the word "pretentious" in a critical way, but Von Trier is the definition of the word, and most of his films are bad), Death Proof, most of Eli Roth's stuff, most mainstream horror of the last decade, most underground horror of the last 15 years, almost everything Full Moon has released that they had a hand in creating, both of the Matrix sequels, all Pirates of the Caribean movies, all the Shrek movies, The Expendables, Salo, Superman 3, etc etc etc etc... all those films are a lot worse to sit through than Troll 2.

BY BRAKHAGE ANTHOLOGY VOLUME 2

Well, was finally able to borrow this, it's like a $60 DVD... it's probably almost worth that. I dunno. Some good stuff here. Would've been nice if I could've just rented it off of Netflx like the first volume, but they don't carry DVD's that anyone would want anymore. Anyway, BRakhage is.... well... DOG STAR MAN is my favorite experimental film of all time. And this guy has done some more amazing stuff like DANTE QUARTET. On the other hand, you will NEVER hear anyone be the LEAST BIT critical of Brakhage. It's almost like an unspoken rule, thou shalt not criticze Brakhage (Lynch was similiarly untouchable until people figured out that he hasn't made anything watchable in at least a decade). So... well, I'm not here to criticize Brakhage, but let's just say the first volume had a lot "better" -- more entertaining/thought provoking/interesting/influential/etc -- movies than this one. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good stuff here, but Brakhage made like 600 films. Not all were amazing. Not all were even interesting. In fact, quite a few were pretty samey. JEFF KEEN is a much better filmmaker yet has been 100% ignored in America. Ridiculous. Anyway, this is still one of the best sets Criterion has ever released check it out.

Old 03.17.2011, 01:06 PM   #14277
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

y'all want to see some good films? I highly reccomend going here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_noir_titles

and checking out every film on this list. Like 80% of the films listed here are good, and many of them are even great. I actually have about 80 of these that I haven't seen in my torrent cache (I always have around 250-300 torrents in my utorrent cache). I'm going to just check out every single neo-noir film ever made. Lots of good stuff here, either way.

Old 03.17.2011, 01:25 PM   #14278
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

GREAT list of japanese films:

http://wildgrounds.com/index.php/200...-you-must-see/

FUNERAL PROCESSION OF ROSES, MAN WHO STOLE THE SUN, TETSUO. RED ANGEL, GRAVEYARD OF HONOUR are all on this list (and all classics). No Kitano or Shuji Terayama is sorta lame but the films actually on here are topnotch classics.

Old 03.17.2011, 05:07 PM   #14279
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Watching Funeral Procession Of Roses tonight! Watched Vibrator last night, it was quite good.

Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2011, 06:38 PM   #14280
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Fuck yeah, now yer talkin'!

I just watched I AM AN S&M WRITER by that vibrtor director

8/10

that and TOYKO TRASH BABY rock!

614664704711712713 714 7157167177247648141214 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth