Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Best way to teach yourself another language?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2006, 10:31 AM   #21
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
well I speak Italian, English and a little german and french..

I find german easier than french..(probably because I stayed in germany for 2 weeks in a family ahahahah.)
so the best way to learn a language is to speak with other peopleee and to see film or read books
unfortunately I0ve never been in england or america even if i understand and I speak english quite frequently..

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 10:57 AM   #22
Massenvernichtungswaffen
stalker

Massenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's asses
One Word: IMMERSION. It's the only way to truly get a natural grasp on pretty much any language.

Why do people always shit on German???? The grammar is not that bad, it's far easier and less complicated than French grammar, especially for english speakers. God, french verbs are the most frustrating thing in the world. Being from Canada, I had to study french up to grade 10, and I still can't speak it very well. I spent 7 months in Germany and by the end of it, was able to pretty much discuss, with little difficulty, whatever was on my mind. French... I did it for 10 years, and I still can't really construe anything without smelling burning rubber.

Jeg kysser katastrofer.

Massenvernichtungswaffen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 11:38 AM   #23
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
German is a West Germanic language. It is a member of the western group of the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family and one of the world's major languages. Spoken by more than 120 million people in 38 countries of the world, German is — like English, Spanish and French — a pluricentric language with Germany, Austria and Switzerland as the three main centres of usage.
Worldwide, German accounts for the most written translations into and from a language. Furthermore, it belongs to the three most learned and to the ten most spoken languages worldwide (according to the Guinness Book of Records).

I don't get your point?!?

Gosh people, lighten up. Many people have a difficult time with the verbs. The verbs kill me. Accept that, and get over it, as it's obviously not a personal attack on Germans. My whole family is of German heritage. And everything I said was also a reference to the title of a popular children's book (and I have no idea if that popularity extends outside of America), which probably wasn't as obvious as I had hoped it would be, so what I said was supposed to be good-humored.

I don't take it personally when people complain about English. I would probably complain about English too if I had to learn it from scratch.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 12:05 PM   #24
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massenvernichtungswaffen
One Word: IMMERSION. It's the only way to truly get a natural grasp on pretty much any language.

Why do people always shit on German???? The grammar is not that bad, it's far easier and less complicated than French grammar, especially for english speakers. God, french verbs are the most frustrating thing in the world. Being from Canada, I had to study french up to grade 10, and I still can't speak it very well. I spent 7 months in Germany and by the end of it, was able to pretty much discuss, with little difficulty, whatever was on my mind. French... I did it for 10 years, and I still can't really construe anything without smelling burning rubber.

oh my god , ehm mein Gott , du hast Recht!!!

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 04:00 PM   #25
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
Gosh people, lighten up. Many people have a difficult time with the verbs. The verbs kill me. Accept that, and get over it, as it's obviously not a personal attack on Germans. My whole family is of German heritage. And everything I said was also a reference to the title of a popular children's book (and I have no idea if that popularity extends outside of America), which probably wasn't as obvious as I had hoped it would be, so what I said was supposed to be good-humored.

I don't take it personally when people complain about English. I would probably complain about English too if I had to learn it from scratch.

I guess we misunderstood each other then? Those things happen when we write stuff like that without using icons.
Old 06.28.2006, 04:01 PM   #26
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
I want to learn French. Or at least learn how to read French, not so much speak it.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 04:06 PM   #27
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I've been trying to learn idiot so I can read this boards. It isn't working.
Old 06.28.2006, 04:14 PM   #28
Massenvernichtungswaffen
stalker

Massenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's asses
I was studying russian and serbian for awhile, until I came across verbal aspect. Anyone familiar with this type of verbal usage? It's pretty confusing. I'm not sure if it is just a slavic thing, or if it is present amongst other language groups, but nonetheless, I think you'd really need to live in a slavic speaking country, to be able to ever get any functional level of fluency.

speaking of russian and what not... What ever happened to SonicRussia from the old board??????????

Jeg kysser katastrofer.

Massenvernichtungswaffen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 05:11 PM   #29
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I guess we misunderstood each other then? Those things happen when we write stuff like that without using icons.

For future reference, most of the angry stuff I say on this board really is not. So I apologize for being a jerkface.

And if you haven't had the pleasure of reading Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, I highly suggest stealing it from a small child.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 07:53 PM   #30
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I've been trying to learn idiot so I can read this boards. It isn't working.
Someone rep him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
Any languages bashed or bruised in this conversation are still at least a step ahead of the language doing the bashing. Completely random vowel pronunciations, more silent letters than sounded ones, so many irregular verbs it makes even natives dizzy. Seriously. What the fuck?

I've never heard of verbal aspect, but upon googling it I will not be learning Russian. I have a really hard time with verb tensing.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:03 PM   #31
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
I plan on one being able to speak 5 different languages. But I'm not holding my breath. I've been learning Russian for much of my life and still am not fluent. I need to take an actual class to master it. One of these days...
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:11 PM   #32
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I plan on one being able to speak 5 different languages. But I'm not holding my breath. I've been learning Russian for much of my life and still am not fluent. I need to take an actual class to master it. One of these days...

What's Пятхъдесят Шест? Something post?
Pyatdesyat West?

Russian sounds like music to my ears.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:15 PM   #33
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
It is 56. Peedisyat shest.
Old 06.28.2006, 08:18 PM   #34
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha Babelfish? I got 'something post' when I used that, before he revealed the secret.

I can translate your (Gookid's) avatar, though.

Hisuterikku
Komikkusu

Which is just Japanese-ification of "Hysteric Comics."
Old 06.28.2006, 08:25 PM   #35
vasanum
little trouble girl

vasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Haha Babelfish? I got 'something post' when I used that, before he revealed the secret.

That's because it's horribly misspelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massenvernichtungswaffen
I was studying russian and serbian for awhile, until I came across verbal aspect. Anyone familiar with this type of verbal usage? It's pretty confusing. I'm not sure if it is just a slavic thing, or if it is present amongst other language groups, but nonetheless, I think you'd really need to live in a slavic speaking country, to be able to ever get any functional level of fluency.

It's not so hard as long as the person explaining it to you know what they're talking about. It's difficult to explain, but if you use a couple of resources and practice translating back and forth, it gets easier.
vasanum is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:30 PM   #36
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Fifty is actually spelled wrong. There is no X in it. A typo-o on my username, what are the chances?

Babelfish is terrible! And their Russian translations are the worst. I can't figure out where they get 'post' from.

Post, as I learned it is, столб. Or as in 'post office', почта.
Old 06.28.2006, 08:33 PM   #37
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I was at school and my friend needed to use the school's computer to send an e-mail to his family, and since it didn't have a Japanese word processor I told him to use Babelfish. He started cracking up. Apparently it sucks horribly.
Old 06.28.2006, 08:38 PM   #38
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Copy and paste some text from a Spanish, or French website and translate to English, and see how bad it is.
Old 06.28.2006, 08:39 PM   #39
vasanum
little trouble girl

vasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to beholdvasanum is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Fifty is actually spelled wrong. There is no X in it. A typo-o on my username, what are the chances?

Babelfish is terrible! And their Russian translations are the worst. I can't figure out where they get 'post' from.

Post, as I learned it is, столб. Or as in 'post office', почта.

You need a soft sign on your six as well. I am also confused about post as well. Who knows?

Babelfish is OK if you know how to word everything correctly. The German is usually somewhat correct.
vasanum is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 08:47 PM   #40
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanum
You need a soft sign on your six as well. I am also confused about post as well. Who knows?

Да. Вы говорит по-русски?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth