Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Russian Dog Experiment - Living Without A Body
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.03.2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSrIkUXwsNk

"Russian scientists detach a dogs head for the purpose of testing and research artificial life support in pre-soviet republic. The dog is awakened in this video after having it's head surgically severed and is experimented on to determine if the animal is lucid, and to document the technology in this film reel"

Obviously old. Some people think it's fake. I found this article about it:
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com...ead-alive/1315

Fascinating but heartbreaking.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2009, 10:40 PM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
While I do think Sergey Bryukhonenko's work is credible, I do believe that video is faked for the sake of the camera.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2009, 10:42 PM   #3
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
While I do think Sergey Bryukhonenko's work is credible, I do believe that video is faked for the sake of the camera.

They cut out the best part of that video. There's a part of it where he actually feeds the dog a piece of cheese and you can see it flop out on the other side of the severed head.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2009, 10:48 PM   #4
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes I feel like the severed head of a Russian dog.
Old 09.03.2009, 10:49 PM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
But it appears to me that the dog is momentarily able to lift its head, particularly in the part with the hammer, in a way that suggests that there is a cut out hole for the rest of the dog. I don't know the strength of a dog's neck but I doubt it could be the source of all of that movement on its own.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2009, 04:13 AM   #6
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
But it appears to me that the dog is momentarily able to lift its head, particularly in the part with the hammer, in a way that suggests that there is a cut out hole for the rest of the dog. I don't know the strength of a dog's neck but I doubt it could be the source of all of that movement on its own.

i was thinking the exact same thing. it takes more than just the muscles in the head and neck to make these movements.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth