Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the other news
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.21.2019, 09:09 AM   #561
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
He has a devoted following within the party membership but I wonder if even that's starting to grow impatient with him over this. But he's been deeply divisive from the start, both within his party and amongst voters. I'd say he has roughly the same strengths and weaknesses as Bernie Sanders has in the US.
i don’t see bernie clinching the nomination even on 2nd try. the moment biden jumped into the fray, warts and all, he took the lead by a large margin.

yes, bernie was surprisingly appealing on the fox townhall, but these celebrity contests require a much broader media appeal.

so... who is your labour’s biden?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2019, 10:12 AM   #562
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe Kier Starmer. Like the bulk of his fellow MPs and party membership he's very pro-Remain and could easily fit into the Lib Dems or arguably even the more moderate wing of the Tories. But the unique problem Labour has if it comes out as a Remain party is the risk of losing its northern working class heartland, that accounts for the majority of its constituencies and which tended to vote to Leave.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2019, 03:39 PM   #563
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Maybe Kier Starmer. Like the bulk of his fellow MPs and party membership he's very pro-Remain and could easily fit into the Lib Dems or arguably even the more moderate wing of the Tories. But the unique problem Labour has if it comes out as a Remain party is the risk of losing its northern working class heartland, that accounts for the majority of its constituencies and which tended to vote to Leave.
i see... kinda like the democrats and the rustbelt?

anyway, what’s this boris domestic altercation? “get off me”? plates smashing?

and more importantly, did anybody get a black eye?
Old 06.22.2019, 03:15 AM   #564
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It's very comparable with the Dems and the rustbelt.

No black eyes and the police have said they found no cause for concern, but it does sound like a pretty heated argument that's inevitably whipped the media into a frenzy.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2019, 07:37 AM   #565
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Here's some local news that I wouldn't want to withhold from you. If you're eating dinner though, you may want to save it for later ...

Quote:
KERKDRIEL - A bar in Kerkdriel was evacuated on Friday evening because a customer had stained the toilet with shit. "The air was such that people temporarily had to go to the terrace while staff were cleaning the toilet," police Bommelerwaard writes on Facebook. When the police arrived, the perpetrator was drinking another beer in the square. Because the place had to be evacuated, the man was under influence and he had disrupted public order, he was arrested.

On the way to the police station in Tiel, the arrested man thought he could let his urine run, which meant that the police bus also had to be cleaned. "The man immediately had a shower with extra soap. He is in an overall, clean, waiting for the police, "said the Bommelerwaard police.

oh and there was another plofkraak. Zo ne grote vuurbal jonge BAM !

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2019, 07:44 PM   #566
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
I am amused at demonrail666's new location.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2019, 01:07 AM   #567
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
two articles about a nice event in the Netherlands to wave goodbye to Brexit

[quote]
Brexit event in Wijk aan Zee goes viral

A fun Facebook event to say goodbye to the British on the Brexit date of 31 October is going viral. "Looking at Great Britain in a beach chair with Dutch chips, French wine and German beer when it wakes up as a closed establishment," the day 'Cozy on the beach watching the Brexit' is announced. People sign up en masse on Facebook for the event on the beach at Wijk aan Zee.

Almost seven thousand people say they are going and another fifty thousand people have clicked that they are "interested" in the event. Responses are pouring in on the page that "celebrates" Britain's exodus from the EU. Many people would like to see the British leave: "A beer with some 'fish and chips' ... Top drama!", Gea writes. "I have to work ... can't it be delayed for a day or two?" Someone else jokes.

Others may not appreciate the jolly event: "Laugh, those British will soon be away from Brussels, and we are still stuck with that money-wasting machine ...", writes Douwe.

Ron Toekook does not mean that Britain is lagging behind as a 'closed institution' but 'tongue-in-cheek', he explains by telephone. He created the Facebook event as a fun action, but was surprised by the massive response. Toekook regrets the departure of the British: "We owe so much to them: from the Beatles to films with Hugh Grant and also Jamie Oliver. I have warm feelings about that. ”

Toekook is very sorry that they are getting out now. "We say goodbye to a very old friend who is leaving. It becomes more difficult to go there and exchange cultures. ”He does not condemn the decision and says he understands it somewhere. "They have to know for themselves, but we don't hate anything British. I hope they will come back someday. "
The organizer is also open to musical suggestions, he writes on the page: "If there is enough interest there may be a band that can play quietly and We'll meet again . Other musical suggestions are very welcome. ”This leads to a stream of posts on the page of songs such as Go your own way by Fleetwood Mac and Somebody that I used to know by Gotye.
[/quote]

Quote:
Mayor participates in Brexit goodbye party

WIJK AAN ZEE - The playful idea of ​​Ron Toekook (52) to wave off Great Britain on October 31 from the beach of Wijk aan Zee is supported by the mayor of Beverwijk, the municipality that includes Wijk aan Zee. The organizer said that to the ANP on Tuesday. The call for 'Enjoying the Brexit on the beach' has now been viewed by 85,000 people, while more than 12,000 people say they are going there.

"I spoke with the mayor today. The municipality wants to give every cooperation to bring about the party, "says Toekook. The structure of the event has changed somewhat, he explains. "For security reasons, we want to check how many people are coming to the event. That is why we have decided to sell tickets. From Thursday on, interested parties can go to brexitaanzee.nl in a ticket. "

Also watch:
Brexit event in Wijk aan Zee goes viral

A swing moment towards Great Britain on the beach is part of the event, but the activities will mainly take place in the village. "It will be a real European party, with bands, food trucks and other activities. Attention is also paid to ecology, by paying attention to the vulnerability of the dune area. "

It is not yet known how expensive a ticket will become and how many tickets will become available. "That also depends on the security plan and how much interest there is for it." Toekook, who is active in the media world, launched his idea a few weeks ago. "It must be a nice farewell to a good friend who embarks on an exciting but perhaps not too clever adventure," Toekook said earlier. He has always been high on the British, he says. After all, their culture is also important to us. That is why, according to Toekook, it should be a friendly and fun party.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2019, 06:44 AM   #568
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i completely lost track of everything this summer, and now i wake up to read boris is trying to hogtie parliament? lmao

great way to reconnect to all of this...
Old 08.28.2019, 01:08 PM   #569
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
It's an absolute mess and the right wing press trying to make out that what he's doing is completely democratic is an lie. How anyone can see what's happening as completely fine is beyond me. Worst thing is the feeling of hopelessness of it all. So Johnson has managed to get attempts to shut government down for his own gain (yes for his own gain). Now what?

What are your thoughts on it all, Demo?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2019, 03:18 PM   #570
diocletia
empty page

diocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's asses
So much energy devoted to something that'll have no material impact on the average British person's life, other than perhaps making them a bit poorer and making it a tiny bit more difficult to travel to Europe.

Gotta love BrexShit lol

Meanwhile, the planet burns, the ice melts and we're all shittin' plastic.

Crazy world this.
diocletia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2019, 03:24 PM   #571
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by diocletia
So much energy devoted to something that'll have no material impact on the average British person's life, other than perhaps making them a bit poorer and making it a tiny bit more difficult to travel to Europe.

Gotta love BrexShit lol

Meanwhile, the planet burns, the ice melts and we're all shittin' plastic.

Crazy world this.

you’re right.... but...

i don’t really wanna talk about the bolsofires. im just getting rid of my car and upping the bicycle usage. too much talk about that shit, too little doing.

and it might make me sad to boycott beef, but how else can one divest from burning the amazon? even though i buy from a local rancher. wtf. it’s about demand for beef.

as for brexit: it’s not nothing. it has/will have bigger repercussions than simple local impact. politically, at least, but ultimately politics shows up in the material shape of the planet.

also, there’s money to be made with if you hate work haaaahaahahaaaaaaaa
Old 08.28.2019, 03:33 PM   #572
diocletia
empty page

diocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's assesdiocletia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you’re right.... but...

i don’t really wanna talk about the bolsofires. im just getting rid of my car and upping the bicycle usage. too much talk about that shit, too little doing.

and it might make me sad to boycott beef, but how else can one divest from burning the amazon? even though i buy from a local rancher. wtf.

I'm not talking about this thread, let's discuss BrexShit! It's an utter spectacle. I have 8 posts so who gives a fuck what I think anyway. lol

I'm talking about the priorities in British politics in general. 3 years of utter dross, and the outcome will likely be - NOTHING; NO IMPACT - for most people, unless it's really bad and even more people people struggle to eat for a while. So probably a negative impact if anything.

It's difficult for me to see any positive impact to the life of the average person in this country from shitty BrexShit. Nothing will change for the better. Someone shoulda told them.

This issue has consumed politics in this country, while the environmental situation on the planet continues to decline and the window for preventing horrific problems closes. On top of that, the very status of the UK union is in disarray due to Brexit - leader of the Scottish Tories is likely to resign, furthering the independence movement there (she was a big factor in mitigating that). And we have Boris Johnson navigating all this - haha.

World's crazy, man.
Old 08.28.2019, 03:35 PM   #573
diocletia
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
as for brexit: it’s not nothing. it has/will have bigger repercussions than simple local impact. politically, at least, but ultimately politics shows up in the material shape of the planet.

like recessions?
Old 08.28.2019, 03:59 PM   #574
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by diocletia
like recessions?
bigger, in that only wealthy societies care about the environment while the poor slash and burn to survive. even though the poor pay.

also in that political entities can set environmental standards, favor renewables over fossil fuels, etc. or go stupid doubling down on coal, for example.

same thing with funding for science vs the antiscience dolts, reproductive freedoms which impact population, long term policies vs short term populist giveaways, etc.

anyway— fuck brazilian beef. of course the poor will suffer from this dumbass land giveaway while the rich stuff their pockets elsewhere. and when oxygen is for sale they will have cash to buy it.
Old 08.29.2019, 01:29 PM   #575
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

saw on bloomberg that the areas of crop cultivation in the usa have shrunken significantly this year

get ready for spiking food prices....
Old 09.03.2019, 04:16 PM   #576
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

lol boris...
Old 09.09.2019, 09:30 AM   #577
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes-queen said yes again: halloween no-deal brexit blocked by law
Old 09.09.2019, 01:23 PM   #578
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

bercow will do what now? lol im so confused
Old 09.10.2019, 08:30 PM   #579
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

fucking bibi. i mean...
Old 09.24.2019, 06:03 AM   #580
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

aaand boris lost that court case. which leaves him... where??

(but the pound rises...]
262728 29 30313239 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth