Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bitch about things you are pissed off about II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.09.2018, 07:33 PM   #2001
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ive been dreading speaking about your absentee girlfriend. i don’t dare ask whats going on there cuz i dont understand white culture, and i may commit a faux-pas with my latino rusticity and primitive understanding of “relationships.”

but since you brought it up... yeah, your response sounds very workaholic. may seem virtuous to work ethic puritans, but it’s psychologically unhealthy as fuck

get out more or something? i mean socially, not for work.

Oh it’s more fucked up than you could possibly imagine. It’s been like a friendly divorce, essentially, with casual meet ups here and there and VERY unclear lines about what’s what. ‘Nother talk for ‘nother time, that one.

Quote:
will that count as a relaxing “vacation”?

Oh HELL no. Dreading every second leading up to it.

Quote:
problem is — you probably couldn’t sell shit
(otherwise you would have sold the bosses on a raise already)
those incompetent lushes pay your salary i believe...
why won’t you join them?

Because I couldn’t sell shit. I’m an introvert. I’m really good at what I do and very bad at most other things.
I pay their salaries too.
Editorial/ad relationships are very rough. We sit in different sides of the proverbial cafeteria, but we’re chained to each other. Their deadlines are flexible. Ours are obviously not. If I could sell things, I still probably wouldn’t.

I’m good at thinky stuff. Not do-y stuff.

Though I have grown better at do-y stuff. Reporters have to do a lot of doing in between extended periods of thinking.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2018, 07:59 PM   #2002
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Oh it’s more fucked up than you could possibly imagine. It’s been like a friendly divorce, essentially, with casual meet ups here and there and VERY unclear lines about what’s what. ‘Nother talk for ‘nother time, that one.

Oh HELL no. Dreading every second leading up to it.

Because I couldn’t sell shit. I’m an introvert. I’m really good at what I do and very bad at most other things.
I pay their salaries too.
Editorial/ad relationships are very rough. We sit in different sides of the proverbial cafeteria, but we’re chained to exact other. Their deadlines are flexible. Ours are obviously not. If I could sell things, I still probably wouldn’t.

I’m good at thinly stuff. Not do-y stuff.

yeah i figured as much way back when. like, before it happened. i, primitive being with base urges and coarse emotions, would not put up with such an evolved arrangement. but yes another time or pm if you wanna avoid the antivax oglers lmao.

you need rest and recreation time aside from family obligations, therapy, whatever. like, on the regular. every day and every week and holidays and every fucking month, plus maybe a month out of every year if you can hack it (america, when will you be angelic?)

you wouldnt go back to the teaching business with union contracts and pensions and that sort of stuff? you’d get summers off... no, no, i get it, pay starts very low,you have to do this and that, etc.

anyway yeah selling is a talent. my dad used to work with an awesome sales guy who was a total introvert and spent all his free time reading and even had a speech impediment. and yet he sold like a momofuku and became a millionaire on commissions.

thats the thing with sales—in theory at least, there is no limit on what you can make on commission.

ps- see list of stuff white people like numbers 17, 66, and 120
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2018, 08:45 PM   #2003
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah i figured as much way back when. like, before it happened. i, primitive being with base urges and coarse emotions, would not put up with such an evolved arrangement. but yes another time or pm if you wanna avoid the antivax oglers lmao.

you need rest and recreation time aside from family obligations, therapy, whatever. like, on the regular. every day and every week and holidays and every fucking month, plus maybe a month out of every year if you can hack it (america, when will you be angelic?)

you wouldnt go back to the teaching business with union contracts and pensions and that sort of stuff? you’d get summers off... no, no, i get it, pay starts very low,you have to do this and that, etc.

anyway yeah selling is a talent. my dad used to work with an awesome sales guy who was a total introvert and spent all his free time reading and even had a speech impediment. and yet he sold like a momofuku and became a millionaire on commissions.

thats the thing with sales—in theory at least, there is no limit on what you can make on commission.

ps- see list of stuff white people like numbers 17, 66, and 120

From my experience with local school boards, teaching is one of the only profesions that demands as much or more than reporting. Also, remember I never truly taught full-time. Just subbed and for extended periods a few times, tutored and was a TA in before dropping out of grad school, so I’d have to jump trough some hoops with state requirements to even get started with that.

But definitely not something I haven’t considered. There might be an opportunity to teach one section of a journalism 101 class at a nearby community college soon. I’ve done some chatting with the school about it. Wouldn’t pay much — adjunct and everything — but it might spark something.

That, working in PR or the great American novel... you know.
Old 09.09.2018, 08:49 PM   #2004
Severian
invito al cielo

You’re right though. I need to deal with my abandonment/relationship issues and let my job come second sometimes. It’s just hard. That is hard for me to do.
Old 09.09.2018, 09:09 PM   #2005
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ok i cant believe you read the items i recommended on that list (swpl) and are not laughing. it’s an old website, i know, but still, genius.

anyway the adjunct business is garbage but it mught lend prestige to a resume. do not pursue full time though. it’s misery. however, in some states that do alternative licensure, adjunct teaching can count towards your experience.

teaching public school, once you start adding levels, is not bad, especially if you’re frugal. and nationally certified teachers make good dough (but it takes time to get there)..

i remember meeting this lady who taught art in new york (city, state?) and she said she made more in public school than in academia.

so maybe you can be the advisor to the school newspaper or something ha ha haha. or teach science! but anyway...it’s a people job. can get tiring.i get it.

pr always a good option esp. for a good cause. e.g. a good nonprofit. no need to go corporate (unless you wanna).

yeah the other stuff is difficult, but why not accept it and move on.
Old 09.14.2018, 06:37 AM   #2006
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
You two are the most boring people on earth. You need to be posting in We're Boring and Proud thread
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2018, 06:46 AM   #2007
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

lol tessly
Old 09.14.2018, 09:19 AM   #2008
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
You two are the most boring people on earth. You need to be posting in We're Boring and Proud thread

We do. Everyone here posts there. Admins and actually in a rare move the members of Sonic Youth themselves agreed it would be best to make it invisible to you.
Old 09.14.2018, 09:24 AM   #2009
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
We do. Everyone here posts there. Admins and actually in a rare move the members of Sonic Youth themselves agreed it would be best to make it invisible to you.
why did you give it away?

i was trying to play it cool. but i guess we can’t hide the truth forever.

dammit...

i’ll report to headquarters and get back to you

(oh, and update your cipher. operation bleach starts tomorrow.)
Old 09.22.2018, 01:50 PM   #2010
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Shuold've taken that $900 offer on my car...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2018, 02:05 PM   #2011
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Shuold've taken that $900 offer on my car...
hwatt

explain this riddle
Old 09.22.2018, 02:29 PM   #2012
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I wasn't able to fix the damn thing for anything less than 5k and now I just want to get rid of it. So.............I'm just getting rid of the damn thing. I was a few offers and the highest, 1500, the guys never got back to me...after following up for like 2 weeks. Anyway....come a few months later and no bites, I have to get rid of the thing or start shelling out money for storage/towing ect....so I sold it for $500. Something happened in the past couple months and I have no idea what it was but yeah....
Old 09.22.2018, 02:49 PM   #2013
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

o man. wat car was that?

and the wrongness of it?
Old 09.22.2018, 07:32 PM   #2014
Severian
invito al cielo

I bought a new car this year. It mysteriously stopped working in the middle of a gas station parking lot on Tuesday. Had to call in to work, rent a car, deal with asshole at the dealership ... ‘twas a whole thing.

Luckily it’s nothjg serious, but I’m paying for a car rental until next week. Goddammit.

Sorry. Not trying to steal the show but that is pissing me off right now
Old 09.22.2018, 07:45 PM   #2015
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I bought a new car this year. It mysteriously stopped working in the middle of a gas station parking lot on Tuesday. Had to call in to work, rent a car, deal with asshole at the dealership ... Ďtwas a whole thing.

Luckily itís nothjg serious, but Iím paying for a car rental until next week. Goddammit.

Sorry. Not trying to steal the show but that is pissing me off right now
that shit blows. new car? what make and model pls so as to avoid

are your car expenses for work reimbursable?
Old 09.23.2018, 01:44 AM   #2016
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
o man. wat car was that?

and the wrongness of it?

I posted it about here like 6 months back or something. Engine at the alternator belt through the crankshaft. Engine pooped out.
Old 09.23.2018, 01:44 AM   #2017
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:

Also...you figure out what caused the breakdown? I too would like to know the make/model.
Old 09.23.2018, 07:52 AM   #2018
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I posted it about here like 6 months back or something. Engine at the alternator belt through the crankshaft. Engine pooped out.
oh yeah i remeber suggesting a junker engine and a meximechanic but you had doubts about all that (such a setup worked for me, “new” truck for around $2k).

went looking back for details but it’s not in this thread (6 months ago is just 2 pages back lol).

anyway, sorry that didnt work out!

maybe it’s time for a bicicleta instead. you can ride naked in oregon. lol srsly.

https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/life..._2018_the.html
Old 09.23.2018, 09:42 AM   #2019
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Ok, it’s not a *new-new* car. It’s a new to me car (not sure if you remember but my Subaru took a massive shit in February; on a Sunday night, before a super important work week, so I bought a lightly used Ford Escape because I could do so immediately).

And it turns out — thank god — that the issue was just a cable and the shifter giving out... not transmission related. If I knew how to fix cars, it would be $100 bucks to fix, but since I don’t it’s that plus labor. Still! Better than a new transmission. Fuck me, that would tear it pretty goddamn good.

Car expenses for work reimbursed? Lolololo. No. Gas, yes. Actual car stuff? Fuck no.
Old 09.23.2018, 09:48 AM   #2020
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Also...you figure out what caused the breakdown? I too would like to know the make/model.

Ford Escape. Hybrid ( )

Just a failed communication somewhere and a sliding shifter. But it was enough to ruin my day and week until I found out it wasnít something terrible.

Just goddamn stoped moving in the middle of a parking lot. Locked in park. Couldnít even get it into neutral and push it out of the way of traffic.

Nothing makes me lose my shit faster than a car just saying, ďIím going to inexcpkicably stop working now and put you in danger and in a situation where you have to drop everything to deal with me.Ē

Like, cars donít talk of course, but you know what I mean.

Just: ďIím bored. Iím going to *fucking ruin you* today!Ē

I yelled at so many people.

Thatís what I get for leaving workto her lunch ó at a fucking gas station.
919899100 101 102103104111 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth