Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon's memoir Girl in a Band: 10 things we learned
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2015, 01:37 PM   #21
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I'm inclined to agree. Whilst what Thurston did just smacks of mid-life crisis at least he's pretty much kept schtum about the whole thing. Kim isn't doing anyone any favours writing a book about the whole thing.

However, me being the stupendous hypocrite I am, I'll be reading it.
It's not a book about the whole thing, it's a memoir about her whole life, her split from Thurston and Sonic Youth which was a significant part thereof.
Old 02.05.2015, 01:44 PM   #22
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
shes doing herself favours by making money off whatever she can.

good for her.

swa's load of mysognistic horseshit is typical of him. the 'legacy' is not actually something he owns, its other peoples relationship which he strangely idealizes then blames kim for ruining his perception of. why? well hes angry at kim out of sublimation of his lust to ride thurstons silver rocket. check please.

also thrushtowne has released how many songs and poetry books etc about his new relationship?

oh but if kim does it once as a single chapter in her memoir, which she has every right to do, then thats not cool.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:02 PM   #23
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
It's not a book about the whole thing, it's a memoir about her whole life, her split from Thurston and Sonic Youth which was a significant part thereof.
exactly.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:06 PM   #24
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
shes doing herself favours by making money off whatever she can.

good for her.

swa's load of mysognistic horseshit is typical of him. the 'legacy' is not actually something he owns, its other peoples relationship which he strangely idealizes then blames kim for ruining his perception of. why? well hes angry at kim out of sublimation of his lust to ride thurstons silver rocket. check please.

also thrushtowne has released how many songs and poetry books etc about his new relationship?

oh but if kim does it once as a single chapter in her memoir, which she has every right to do, then thats not cool.

And no one knew about it until their laundry started getting aired. Again I'm not defending him. cos it was a dick move. But they've all been knobheads about it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:09 PM   #25
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost

I get that. However it'll be interesting to see how much is related to the divorce compared to the rest of her (much more interesting) life. A chapter and the whole story is told. Hopefully that'll be that, but I suspect not.

The example of Thurston throwing a stapler was just stupid. You've never thrown stuff in frustration? Everyone has at some point.

Old 02.05.2015, 02:10 PM   #26
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
kim has done nothing wrong whatsoever.

shes told her story which involves other people. she hasnt been particularly mean or vindictive and has even showed empathy for t-dog.

relationships are sex built on top of chaos most of the time anyway.

sad that so many fans would obviously have turned on her way more viciously had she done the 'offensive' thing like express anger or rage at a male who has wronged her.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:11 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm inclined to agree. Whilst what Thurston did just smacks of mid-life crisis at least he's pretty much kept schtum about the whole thing. Kim isn't doing anyone any favours writing a book about the whole thing.

However, me being the stupendous hypocrite I am, I'll be reading it.

That's a load of shit

what is happening is that Thurston is free to continue his life, and so is Kim. She has written a memoir of her life in music, which of course includes the SY breakup and the TM infidelity that prompted it.

he has kept mum about the whole thing because he is the one sticking his dick in a woman other than his wife (adultery) and he was caught by her and then denied it to her face when he kept it going. You dig? Kim has to sit around and read and watch and hear about thurston's interviews where he talks about how happy he is and how he is in a good place and in love and shit. THAT is as mean and hurtful to his wife (I think divorce papers are not finalized yet, am I right?) as anything she has written in her memoir.

this was not a mutual thing. he fucked around, he got caught, then lied about continuing to fuck around and being in love with someone else for over a year.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:14 PM   #28
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

exactly.

also, EVERYONE involved has to read message board freaks gossiping about their private affairs while relying on same freaks for the continuation of their careers.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:18 PM   #29
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

shes told her story which involves other people. she hasnt been particularly mean or vindictive and has even showed empathy for t-dog.

sad that so many fans would obviously have turned on her way more viciously had she done the 'offensive' thing like express anger or rage at a male who has wronged her.

Ok look at the example of Maria Shriver and Schwarzenegger's illegitimate child. The dude was fucking douchebag for doing it and not saying anything about the child for the longest time. Maria found out and had the balls to say "fuck you, you're a fucking moron" walked away and that's that. She knows it ain't nobody else's business and she's kept the whole thing on the down low whilst being able to carry on with her career and life. Kudos to her.

And have I turned on her? Fuck no. I'd just rather her carry on with her own shit making music and the like.. Again I'm a raging hypocrite as I'll be reading the book.

Old 02.05.2015, 02:19 PM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
everyone look up! it's stu's banhammer descending upon this thread.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:20 PM   #31
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
That's a load of shit

what is happening is that Thurston is free to continue his life, and so is Kim. She has written a memoir of her life in music, which of course includes the SY breakup and the TM infidelity that prompted it.

he has kept mum about the whole thing because he is the one sticking his dick in a woman other than his wife (adultery) and he was caught by her and then denied it to her face when he kept it going. You dig? Kim has to sit around and read and watch and hear about thurston's interviews where he talks about how happy he is and how he is in a good place and in love and shit. THAT is as mean and hurtful to his wife (I think divorce papers are not finalized yet, am I right?) as anything she has written in her memoir.

this was not a mutual thing. he fucked around, he got caught, then lied about continuing to fuck around and being in love with someone else for over a year.

So that justifies her writing about it all? Nah I don't buy it. To claify again yes Thurston was a total moron for what he did and I', not defending him for what he did.

Old 02.05.2015, 02:21 PM   #32
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

relationships are sex built on top of chaos most of the time anyway. all you breeding heterosexuals should prepare to have your illusions stripped away as brutally as possible before you are made sterile by post human a.i. and consigned to the scrapheap of evolutionary dead ends.

ebebebeb

Old 02.05.2015, 02:28 PM   #33
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
So that justifies her writing about it all? Nah I don't buy it. To claify again yes Thurston was a total moron for what he did and I', not defending him for what he did.

she doesnt have to justify writing about it at all, she can do so if she wants to.

not trying to be a dick here because you are being pretty reasonable about this.

anyway.
Old 02.05.2015, 02:36 PM   #34
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Fuck this made me lul hard. Also, this post with the signature below:

"I don't pay attention to what my favorite artists do outside of music. If I did, I'd just hate all of them" - - < heard a friend say that once, + I couldn't, especially at my current age, agree more.
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 02:38 PM   #35
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

do u liek the way swa uses cute lil + signs and, too, many, commas, and shit?
Old 02.05.2015, 03:14 PM   #36
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
To me its pretty simple, if you are opposed to her "telling a story" then its up to you to NOT read it if you have that strong of a viewto look away. Its her right and freedom to tell it the way she sees it no matter who says so or not.

Why is it such a problem? It could be a therapeutical thing for her to continue to move on w/ her life. Why should you care? Why should anyone care?

Same goes for him, you either gonna respect the guy or not, or perhaps compartmentalize his life (the personal vs. the music, etc) it doesn't really seem to change the way he's going do things at this point obviously.

Pretty sure the band is dead and buried at this point as I don't think either one of them want to relive this portion of their musical history as it is very tied to their personal relationship with each other.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 03:16 PM   #37
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Not surprised some males on this board lack any compassion for a woman who's been treated in such an appalling manner and is writing about her life and work. And Thurston Moore can whinge all he likes about some feminists not being mature enough to understand ''adult'' relationships, he himself should really get a crash course on why honesty would make him a mature individual to deal with straight away. Unless he hasn't met an actual person traumatised by their partner's cheating since he started being an Indie pin up. I am not Charlie, I am not particularly a feminist and I have never been cheated on.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 04:13 PM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Kim does not need to justify anything in writing a book. NO ONE DOES. If you read the articles you would see that Kim was actually quite subtle and delicate in what she wrote in her book. she knows her daughter is gonna read it.
Old 02.05.2015, 04:21 PM   #39
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Thurston Moore is to blame, not Eva Prinz. She wasn't in the band to start with, he was.

o.k. u're spot on there, but then when u have someone messing with two members of the same band, that sounds whore-ish to me.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2015, 04:44 PM   #40
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

yeah.
+
I mean poor Kim. She was the one who was cheated on. Imagine. Must feel like shit, if someone's cheating on you. In their case such a long relationship, wrecked marriage. I think she was hurt and lonely big time and yet she had to give explanation of what happened and how she see it. Must be hard.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth