Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So i just found out
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.16.2006, 07:05 PM   #41
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
My dad was saying I should stay in England, but either way, it will cost about the same, so I might as well be where I want to be. Uni debts are unavoidable.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 07:08 PM   #43
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I love Washington. Hard. I bet if Washington were a chick, she'd be bootilicious.

Yeah, so I'm probably going to apply to a few universities in the region. If all else fails I'll just end up going to Tacoma Community College or something. I have homies there.
Old 12.16.2006, 07:09 PM   #44
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
My dad was saying I should stay in England, but either way, it will cost about the same, so I might as well be where I want to be. Uni debts are unavoidable.

my mum hates the idea of me going to evergreen, but its where ive wanted to go for so long now. Its just the money thats a problem, ive gotten in, i have a place as long as i can produce the cash, which i cant as one year at evergreen is more than the entire course at B'ham uni.
If i dont go its something i might regret forever. but its safe to say i am going to have to pay for it all myself.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 07:10 PM   #45
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Yeah, so I'm probably going to apply to a few universities in the region. If all else fails I'll just end up going to Tacoma Community College or something. I have homies there.

i thought about going to uni in portland but its either a catholic one or a uni that doesn't offer any art courses so???? that doesn't help.
Old 12.16.2006, 07:11 PM   #46
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

It would be so worth it though. Remember, nothing worth having comes easy. It's my dream to live in the Pacific Northwest. It has been since I set foot there.

How easy was it to apply there, anyway? Did you have to do it different to how Washingtonians would do it?
Old 12.16.2006, 07:24 PM   #47
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
How easy was it to apply there, anyway? Did you have to do it different to how Washingtonians would do it?

Yeah, you print off a application form from the website which is pretty difficult to fill out, then you send that to them along with $50, a personal statement which has to be 2 pages long, and proof of your qualifications from schools/colleges attended.
The next part is your school/colege sending them confirmation that you go there and you predicted grades for the course you are doing and you sending them an International Student Financial Statement and Affidavit of support to prove that you have the money to go.
Old 12.16.2006, 07:40 PM   #48
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Ah, I see. Thanks.
Old 12.18.2006, 06:35 PM   #49
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
BAD ADVICE.

I took that advice and I regretted it.

what advice, titbags?

did you not see that i said "loans" and then i said "NO"?

because my post meant to convey that loans are not the only solution.

why am i cranky? to much imbecility around, and in the meantime screamingskull needs some good ideas

SO, MS. SKULL,

gmku is right with the different options that he mentions.

another good option could be for you to take a job and go part-time. not only will you have an edge over the stupid rich motherfuckers who are too stoned to function, but you'll have work experience where they won't. sure, it could take you 5-6 years, but you could probably manage.

definitely though if this is your dream (a good dream not just some fantastic wankery) then hang on to it.

and then i was reminded of this picture that never fails to make me laugh, corny as it mght be:

apparently there are many versions of this picture floating around

but cmon, you can find a way.

-----
ps. after reading the rest of the thread-- paying all for yourself is an excellent idea. you'll value it much more and take better advantage than the wankers who are there for a 4-year summer-camp.
& best wishes etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth