Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Eternal Photo
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.31.2009, 12:13 PM   #1
vasiliosmusic
empty page

vasiliosmusic has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The answer will probably smack me across the face but I cannot for the life of me figure out who is pictured in the insert of the Eternal. Striped shirt and a pack of Kools. Take me out of my misery and shame me for my ignorance. Thanks!
vasiliosmusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 12:31 PM   #2
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasiliosmusic
The answer will probably smack me across the face but I cannot for the life of me figure out who is pictured in the insert of the Eternal. Striped shirt and a pack of Kools. Take me out of my misery and shame me for my ignorance. Thanks!

It's Johnny Thunders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Thunders
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 01:32 PM   #3
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
nifty!
Old 08.31.2009, 02:24 PM   #4
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
hey wait.
Lots of people gave me shit on here because i was talking about PROTO noise / PROTOpunk and it supposedly did not exist.
Well fuck you all:

Johnny Thunders, born John Anthony Genzale, Jr. (July 15, 1952 - April 23, 1991), was an Italian American rock and roll/protopunk guitarist, singersongwriter. and
Old 08.31.2009, 03:54 PM   #5
jerf
children of satan

jerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard The Stooges referred to as Protopunk before.

jerf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 05:02 PM   #6
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard the term protopunk before too. It's funny though, how so many labels overlap each other. On rate your music they refer to Stooges as proto-punk, garage rock and hard rock. Sonic Youth has many more overlapping labels.
Old 08.31.2009, 06:46 PM   #7
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
hey wait.
Lots of people gave me shit on here because i was talking about PROTO noise / PROTOpunk and it supposedly did not exist.
Well fuck you all:

Johnny Thunders, born John Anthony Genzale, Jr. (July 15, 1952 - April 23, 1991), was an Italian American rock and roll/protopunk guitarist, singersongwriter. and

What? I'm pretty sure it's completely established that those things exist.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2009, 02:00 AM   #8
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
The only reason I can think of someone giving you shit is if you were to say it was referred to as protopunk at the time it came out...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth