Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee Ranaldo & Leah Singer live in Belgium
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2006, 10:30 AM   #21
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
On the subject of your video of the Cité de la musique show, Jef, is that going to see the light of day some time please? I so want to see a copy of that.

I really can't tell sonicl. Certainly not soon on DVD, perhaps online it will.

another thing of mine is that I've always been heating people up with my stuff, like with Elegy from the hearts and then I have to postpone it due to certain matters. I've been thinking about this shit a lot lately and I should be more carefull with telling that all this great shit is coming and stuff.

So from now on I'm gonna let people know when I'm 100 percent certain things can be put out or exchanged or what not.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 01:03 PM   #22
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
jeff what was the problem with elegy?

i think that john lenon tribute gig can be puted online on dime or somewhere else, coz it's not official (unless you doesn't want so)

oh yeah. so are u comunicating with somebody in charge of venue few days b4 the gig? and which spot you ussually choose for filming? thanks!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2006, 02:18 PM   #23
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
jeff what was the problem with elegy?¨

For Elegy: Aaron Mullan did the SY sound for this DVD so I have to await approval from SY before I can send it out. They have a copy and need to watch it in their time and than give a green light, that's all.
I will in no way enforce them to watch, sure they have busy schedules

Old 04.18.2006, 05:23 PM   #24
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
does anybody know the policy of bozar and recyclart regarding audience recordings of shows? would it be possible to just place a microphone on the front of the stage or is it better to do it secretly?
of course sonic youth members don't have a problem with audience recordings, but i'm not familiar with these two venues... thanks.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 04:41 AM   #25
Jef Mertens
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
ah..hope you ll manage to record, pokkeherrie.................

and mr. Mertens, dont worry, we understand and thank.

Mr. Mertens is my dad. xxx

Old 04.19.2006, 06:49 AM   #26
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, how about Mertens Jr. then?

Would you happen to know anything about the taping policy of these venues?
Old 04.19.2006, 06:55 AM   #27
Jef Mertens
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Ok, how about Mertens Jr. then?

Would you happen to know anything about the taping policy of these venues?

How bout Jef? No serious.

I'm pretty sure the recyclart thing won't be a problem as far as taping policy goes. I think Dennis who curates the event doesn't mind and would rather be interested. I already asked him if I could videotape the feast and he said it woul be fine. Pretty sure Thurston nor Paul would mind so I guess bring in that stuff.

For Bozar I can't say yet, I still have to check that out for myself. My guess is that would be fine as well although I haven't contacted anyone for this yet, so I can't assure you.

I'll know more about Bozar in a couple of days... I'll let u know

Old 04.19.2006, 07:03 AM   #28
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Good to know about Recyclart. That one was my main concern. Bozar has allocated seats I believe, so even if they don't allow it then it wouldn't be too hard to do it secretly I think... although the quality is always better when you don't have to hide your microphone somewhere. If all works out I'll share the recordings here of course.

thanks Jef... Jef it is.

Peter
Old 04.19.2006, 02:09 PM   #29
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
On the subject of your video of the Cité de la musique show, Jef, is that going to see the light of day some time please? I so want to see a copy of that.

yeah jef, same here. the audio is good, need vid fix. i take it still no elegy news yet... things work slowly on the sy fromt!!!
Old 04.24.2006, 05:41 PM   #30
jean-nicolas
little trouble girl

jean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's asses
It was perfect and better than i expected. Thanks Lee, Thanks Leah.
I LOVED THAT SHOW
Lee Is really cool, he took times to talk to everybody who wanted to.
He's friendly and a happy guy
Thanks
jean-nicolas is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:33 AM   #31
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
any pics... or sounds... or more comments.
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 05:38 PM   #32
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
i'd say it had to be awesome. i'm really hoping for recording of it. Lee is great electronic ambient artist in my opinion. i like to hear what they played on this show.
Old 04.26.2006, 06:46 AM   #33
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

There is a recording and hopefully I can share it soon.

It was very good, although Lee was stumbling in his speech a few times. I think he had some difficulties reading in the dark and also he was looking back towards the screen a few times to check on his timing. He mentioned something after the show about it "being slow" that night. Regardless of that I still really enjoyed it. His guitar never fails him... a great soundtrack to an interesting film. Unfortunately I still haven't seen the DVD yet, so I can't compare the live performance to the DVD version. I was hoping they had them for sale at the performance, but I didn't see any so I'll have to order one soon.

Like someone mentioned he was indeed very kind after the show. It struck me that he didn't leave the room right away, but instead both he and Leah took a lot of time to answer everyone's questions and honour geeky fan requests (photographs/signatures etc.)
Old 04.26.2006, 01:38 PM   #34
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
There is a recording and hopefully I can share it soon.

It was very good, although Lee was stumbling in his speech a few times. I think he had some difficulties reading in the dark and also he was looking back towards the screen a few times to check on his timing. He mentioned something after the show about it "being slow" that night. Regardless of that I still really enjoyed it. His guitar never fails him... a great soundtrack to an interesting film. Unfortunately I still haven't seen the DVD yet, so I can't compare the live performance to the DVD version. I was hoping they had them for sale at the performance, but I didn't see any so I'll have to order one soon.

Like someone mentioned he was indeed very kind after the show. It struck me that he didn't leave the room right away, but instead both he and Leah took a lot of time to answer everyone's questions and honour geeky fan requests (photographs/signatures etc.)

that's cool.
thanks very much!
it was you Lee was telling about show was slow? did you talk to him?
Old 04.26.2006, 02:54 PM   #35
jean-nicolas
little trouble girl

jean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's assesjean-nicolas kicks all y'all's asses
Here's me with Lee.
I didn't took pictures of the show because i was too busy watching and enjoying the show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1.JPG (145.9 KB, 26 views)
jean-nicolas is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 03:26 PM   #36
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
that's cool.
thanks very much!
it was you Lee was telling about show was slow? did you talk to him?

yes, but very briefly... i wasn't exactly the only one there, so i didn't really want to bug him too much. i just asked if he wanted a copy of the recording and we talked about the thurston gig the day before and their tour plans for this summer (no europe) and atp. i had spoken to him before at a text of light gig last year and i think he remembered that.

i'll share the recording as soon as i can, but it might take a few weeks (see the thread about thurston's gig)
Old 04.27.2006, 03:09 AM   #37
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
The best think about the DVD is the fabulous music. I really like all the noise lee makes there.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 05:18 PM   #38
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
yes, but very briefly... i wasn't exactly the only one there, so i didn't really want to bug him too much. i just asked if he wanted a copy of the recording and we talked about the thurston gig the day before and their tour plans for this summer (no europe) and atp. i had spoken to him before at a text of light gig last year and i think he remembered that.

i'll share the recording as soon as i can, but it might take a few weeks (see the thread about thurston's gig)

sorry to bothering you again. you mean you didn't talk about europe tour or they won't be touring europe this summer?
Old 04.27.2006, 07:55 PM   #39
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

i did ask about a possible european tour this summer, but he said there weren't any plans. when i mentioned atp he said (literally) "well, maybe some dates around that time... october, november, december. i don't know."

of course their plans could always change (at atp 2004 kim also said that it would be their only show in europe for that year, but they still played some gigs in august/september), but since there apparently aren't any plans at this point i wouldn't count on anything. let's just hope for a sonic autumn/winter.
Old 04.28.2006, 01:51 AM   #40
greenlight
invito al cielo

hmm...so hopefully autum/winter 06.
thanks!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth