Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.11.2012, 12:51 PM   #1481
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
What the HELL was Balotelli doing when he was fannying around with the ball on his own in the penalty box?

It looked like he had a TIA.

Anyway, wasn't a bad time to get ill this weekend, stayed home and watched all the games. Russia were really impressive, awesome team (except Kerzhakov). Poland disapointing (except Tyton).

I already had some doubts about Holland surviving their group, but wasn't expecting they'd manage to lose against Denmark. The front 4 seemed to be pressing forward, while the other 6 went the other way. If they're this much disorgnised on Wednesday then the Germans will counter it to pieces.

Luckily some of the Germans seemed not quite up to their normal standard (Mueller, Podolski, Schweini...), but then they didn't really need to be to win it. Interesting that Klose was already standing at the sideline to replace Gomez at the moment he scored and then put his jacket back on. Could've changed the pecking order had he not scored that goal at that moment? It was his only big chance in the game and he didn't waste it. Are you watching Van Persie?

He picked right up where he left last World Cup. I don't know, it must be some mental issue, or maybe Arsene Wenger has locked the real one in his basement and sent off an imposter to Holland. The pressure will be immense now. If he doesn't score against Germany, then.... or maybe Van Marwijk will already opt for Huntelaar instead, or use them both. I doubt it.

Italy looking good as well. I was curious how they'd fare with the pre-tournament results and scandals, but that was a good showing.

Haven't been able to see much from France-England, but that's not a bad result for either... but especially not for England.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2012, 01:16 PM   #1482
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah happy with that. Defended well and looked dangerous on occasions! Defoe will always cause defenders headaches.
Only concern is the depth of our squad. Our first team look good but when Parker or Gerrard tire, which they will playing like this, we bring on jordan henderson or even phil jones!
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2012, 01:29 PM   #1483
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Poland disapointing (except Tyton).

i thought lewandowski and kuba (blascz...something) played well, i meant to have them in my team and ended w/ the other dortmund player instead (polanski)

and fuck, man u just got lewandowski away from dortmund. this right after getting kagawa. fuck their money. thieves! dortmund was great this past year but now their stars won't make the champions league. how warped is that.

--

ps - this is what the ukranian coach looks iike:

yes?

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2012, 05:24 PM   #1484
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Yeah happy with that. Defended well and looked dangerous on occasions! Defoe will always cause defenders headaches.
Only concern is the depth of our squad. Our first team look good but when Parker or Gerrard tire, which they will playing like this, we bring on jordan henderson or even phil jones!

Yeah, very happy with that. but agree about the problem of our thin squad. Whether we're creative enough to really go for a win still remains to be seen but, given what I was expecting today, I'm a lot more positive now than I was before kick off. I was particularly impressed with Glen Johnson, a player I've never rated but who I thought did excellent today. So far so good but I'm still realistic about how far we can get with that squad.

I was disappointed with France, though. Their attack looks very strong but they seem really thin in defence and very shaky at the back. I still expect them to top the group (especially after seeing Sweden and Ukraine) but can see better teams running their defence ragged after the group stages.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2012, 05:28 PM   #1485
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ps - this is what the ukranian coach looks iike:

yes?

Haha, and speaking of lookalikes ...

Old 06.11.2012, 05:29 PM   #1486
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lololol.

i updated the picture for a closer resemblance

Old 06.11.2012, 05:36 PM   #1487
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I've also become fascinated with players who look like national stereotypes. Everyone knows about Scott Parker but has anyone looked more Swedish than Olof Mellberg?

Old 06.11.2012, 05:43 PM   #1488
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

speaking of stereotypes, mexes today looked like he was plucked out of an asterix comic
Old 06.11.2012, 06:50 PM   #1489
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Haha.

Greece have taken it to an entirely new level with Samaras. That fucker looks like Perseus!!!

Old 06.12.2012, 03:25 AM   #1490
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Arshavin is a typical Russian face.
All the boys in Russia look like that.

ewww, hideous.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2012, 05:15 AM   #1491
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
this tournament has been cracking so far. I've really enjoyed it. And there's been no reports (that i've seen) of any incidents or problems like we were led to believe would be common place.

But i have 1 complaint. The BBfuckingC coverage and commentry is appaling
i dont really watch the guff at half time or during the build up because A, i'm busy cooking/washing up and B, Gary Linneker and Alan Shearer are absolute fuckwits. Sarcastic arrogant backward fuckwits.
but the commentators (well, Mark Lawrenceson and his sidekick) seem to hate football. they have nothing upbeat to say about anything during the game and are the most condesending smarmy but at the same time dull fucking fuckwits i've evr had to listen to. We pay for this shite.
you can change commentary vis the "red button" option but why the fuck are these people paid to be there if they hate football so much. paid with our licence fee.
ITV are so much better, and to be fair, you cant criticise Jonathan Pearce but everyone else in the bbc (this means you Savage) needs to be kicked really hard in the shins
Old 06.12.2012, 05:18 AM   #1492
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

and did anyone else hear mark lawrencen call that guy in the black bodysuit "Erick the Eel" refering to the black swimmer at the last olympics??

fuck sake
Old 06.12.2012, 09:33 AM   #1493
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...igations-abuse

turns out there's been a couple of instances of racist chanting, from Spanish and possible russian supporters
Old 06.12.2012, 10:03 AM   #1494
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
What's with the asinine witchhunts in football by the PC posturing loony lefties?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2012, 11:07 AM   #1495
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

The Czech! 2 goals in 6 minutes!!!!!!!
Old 06.12.2012, 12:51 PM   #1496
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
this tournament has been cracking so far. I've really enjoyed it. And there's been no reports (that i've seen) of any incidents or problems like we were led to believe would be common place.

But i have 1 complaint. The BBfuckingC coverage and commentry is appaling
i dont really watch the guff at half time or during the build up because A, i'm busy cooking/washing up and B, Gary Linneker and Alan Shearer are absolute fuckwits. Sarcastic arrogant backward fuckwits.
but the commentators (well, Mark Lawrenceson and his sidekick) seem to hate football. they have nothing upbeat to say about anything during the game and are the most condesending smarmy but at the same time dull fucking fuckwits i've evr had to listen to. We pay for this shite.
you can change commentary vis the "red button" option but why the fuck are these people paid to be there if they hate football so much. paid with our licence fee.
ITV are so much better, and to be fair, you cant criticise Jonathan Pearce but everyone else in the bbc (this means you Savage) needs to be kicked really hard in the shins

You got a filthy whore mouth. I'd rather have Linekar than piggy Adrian Chiles presenting anytime. As for Shearer et. al them guys know their shit. And the commentary?!?! If you're including Motson then jump off the nearest bridge.

BBC>ITV.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2012, 01:24 PM   #1497
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I know loads of people hate him but I have a bit of a soft spot for Lawrenson. His little digs at Joachim Loew are often quite funny.

Adrian Chiles doesn't bother me either way, although I do prefer Lineker.

Worst of the commentators for me is Andy Townsend. He just has a series of ultra cliched stock sayings he rotates through.

Worst pundit though is definitely Shearer. I've yet to hear him say anything remotely insightful

Anyway, CR v Greece. Glad CR won but Cech will be having nightmares tonight.

EDIT: Ew, violence between Russian and Polish fans.
Old 06.12.2012, 01:39 PM   #1498
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

itv pundits have got fucking stupid chairs
Old 06.12.2012, 04:06 PM   #1499
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I was surprised Poland were that good against Russia, although I suppose the broader significance of their rivalry made it possible. For the sake of the quality of football in the rest of the tournament, I definitely hope both Poland and Russia qualify.
Old 06.12.2012, 08:46 PM   #1500
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I was surprised Poland were that good against Russia, although I suppose the broader significance of their rivalry made it possible. For the sake of the quality of football in the rest of the tournament, I definitely hope both Poland and Russia qualify.

what did i tellja about the dortmund poles. eeeeeehhhhh?????? kuba scored! (i wanted him in my midfield but could only afford polanski. ) anyway i have to re-watch this game as i had a busy fucking day and could only watch w/t he corner of my eye (and had a meeting, etc)
65727374 75 76777885125175575 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth