Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.13.2015, 08:36 AM   #6481
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha. I may be overreacting in wanting Sam out but where have I ever shown any love for him? If I was I was definitely being ironic. A grudging respect at times, maybe, pragmatism in terms of our position, definitely, even happiness when he was upsetting Mourinho and Van Gaal, but love? Never. For the record, I hated him being appointed in the first place but understood the reasons why. I wanted him out last season but saw an upturn in the way we played at the start of this one, but since Christmas we've started to implode again. I don't want him sacked before the end of the season, I just don't want his contract renewed in the summer. Although, again, I understand the reasons why the board would want to..

i swear i thought i had read it but maybe i'm confusing it with someone else. i tried looking the other day but this thread is superlong.

anyway i was, what do you guys call it-- taking the piss? nothing serious meant.

but i didn't know west ham had been fucking up! i'm sorry about that.

Quote:
Having animals would just mean something for me to worry about. I've moved here with the very intention of minimising it. I'm a few miles away from a large town, where I do my weekly shop, which works for me. I look at a cow and just think hassle.

oh yes they are. a pain. i have to go feed a bunch of them in a little while. i was just getting carried away by celulose envy.

i'd kill for some of that!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2015, 09:45 AM   #6482
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ps- okay i had to waken my dormant google mojo (because this board's search function is shit) and search this longass thread to find out the truth

yes, you find big sam depressing, he's a cunt, you hate his gum chewing, getting him picked made you angry, etc. consistently since at least 2011.

who you love (or loved) is andy carroll, whom you mentioned as suited for allardyce's long balls

even though i think (i imagine?) i remember someone saying "i love big sam!", you do not, have not, ever loved "big sam"-- in fact you've hated him always and i've found ample proof.

you can sue me for libel now. i'll plead guilty. or we can settle out of court. i can pay in steaks.
Old 03.13.2015, 01:42 PM   #6483
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
OK, 'Big Sam' didn't work but I searched 'Allardyce'. These are literally all the posts I've made where I've expressed any kind of personal opinion about him.

From 2010

Quote:
Allardyce claiming he's better suited to manage Barcelona? Weird times indeed.

Quote:
Honestly, I'd rsather we got relegated than adopt Allardyce's brand of anti-football.

From 2011

Quote:
Either way, West Ham are appointing Sam Allardyce as their new manager. I honestly find that even more depressing than being relegated. Just horrible. I've not felt this dead since the last election.

From 2012

Quote:
Curbishley's style of football is almost unwatchably dull. (At West Ham his nickname was 'Cautiously'.) He's Sam Allardyce minus the cuntishness.

Quote:
They used to have a reputation for playing really attractive football, too, but that was a long time ago. Now, under Allardyce, they're pretty lumpen.

Quote:

Meanwhile, getting sick of Allardyce setting up for a draw in every bloody game, regardless of who we're playing. If we survive this season, it'll be entirely down to our defence. I'm all for caution but, from an entertainment pov, watching West Ham under Allardyce is becoming pure torture. Watching them right now and it's embarrassing.

Quote:
Interesting decision now for West Ham's owners. Do they pay off Allardyce and find a replacement that might (but probably won't) save us from the drop, or do they stick with him and pretty much resign themselves to relegation? Sam can blame injuries but he's the one who blew almost our entire budget on Carroll, who already had a rep for picking up injuries, so there's no cover at all, anywhere. Plenty of reasons to sack him but is it even worth it now?

Quote:
Hopefully the board will see sense and replace Allardyce with a manager who doesn't think the only way to survive in the prem is with 9 defenders and a giant.

Quote:
Cautiously optimistic about the Valencia move though. Not so cautious about the player but whether Allardyce can get the best out of anyone whose name isn't either Carroll or Nolan.

This comes closest to positive, but still no love ...

Quote:
As for watching them, they're getting results and generally playing well but nothing to excite neutrals. No Sam Allardyce side will ever be pleasing on the eye but relative to last season they're at least watchable now.

Maybe I reserved all my affection for when I called him Big Sam. Either that or it's a filet Mignon, rare.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2015, 01:58 PM   #6484
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
And here's some recent 'Sam's from the past few months

Quote:
Just as well there was a bus strike in london today. Means Sam can't find one to park.

Quote:
No joke, when Sam made that defensive substitution and moved Downing out to the left, I fucking knew that was gonna happen. Well done for the comeback but we absolutely gave it away. From Collins' goal till the substitution, Everton were dead in the water. Big Sam bottled it.

Quote:
Unbelievable. All the pundits are saying Sam's substitution gifted you the draw. You were awful till we brought Poyet on. Sam talking absolute bollocks in the post match interview right now. Haven't been as angry at a result as this in a long long time.

A quick look through some other recent ones, it's interesting that when I'm praising how we've played I never ever mention Sam at all. Unfair maybe but it speaks volumes about how I feel about him.

So that'll be a side order of sauted potatoes with that steak, thank you very much.

Old 03.14.2015, 09:05 AM   #6485
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

haaa haaa haa haa

damn, yes, i found all that on google yesterday. which is why i turned myself in to the authorities.

it's unlikely i'm confusing you with someone else, i think what's happened is that i'm confusing allardyce with another manager-- is there another english manager that you actually like lots?

i remember (maybe it's hallucinations, mind you) you talking very fondly of some english coach... at some point by first name. so it's evidently (evidently!) not big sam....

the thing is when my brain gets obsessed like that it refuses to stop until the puzzle has been solved. a fucking curse it is. it keeps spinning around in my head. if you think of any candidates have mercy on my disease and kindly mention them. else i'll have to read all 327 pages (so far) of this shit. ayayay...

POTATOES: i am actually going to plant some this spring!

--

meanwhile the stupid clock changes... waiting for the bundesliga to start 1 hour later than usual
Old 03.14.2015, 09:07 AM   #6486
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

haaa haaa haa haa

damn, yes, i found all that on google yesterday. which is why i turned myself in to the authorities.

it's unlikely i'm confusing you with someone else, i think what's happened is that i'm confusing allardyce with another manager-- is there another english manager that you actually like lots?

i remember (maybe it's hallucinations, mind you) you talking very fondly of some english coach... at some point by first name. so it's evidently (evidently!) not big sam....

the thing is when my brain gets obsessed like that it refuses to stop until the puzzle has been solved. a fucking curse it is. it keeps spinning around in my head. if you think of any candidates have mercy on my disease and kindly mention them. else i'll have to read all 327 pages (so far) of this shit. ayayay...

POTATOES: i am actually going to plant some this spring!

--

meanwhile the stupid clock changes... waiting for the bundesliga to start 1 hour later than usual
Old 03.14.2015, 11:32 AM   #6487
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

bayern 4 bremen 0

this is not a surprise but it was a fun game nevertheless-- plenty of violence in the 2nd half kept the score at 2-0 for a long time.

pepe reina as keeper made it look like bayern was missing a defender-- so bremen pressed pretty high up the pitch vs. the usual sight. he had a couple of nice saves though.

lahm came back from the bench to play the last 10', which is good news.

dortmund-kцln in 1 hour! still waiting for the second coming of the messiah.

--eta: and teh messiah did not arrive as per usual

the spotty stuttering streams provided me ony with a partial view-- but in the end dortmun 0 kцln 0. dortmund in 10th place 11pts behind 4th place monchengladbach-- but "the other borussia" still have to play their game this weekend. if they beat hannover (likely), they'll be 14 pts ahead of dortmund. dortmund only 6pts short of a europa league spot though, but europa is not the champions...
Old 03.14.2015, 08:47 PM   #6488
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think what's happened is that i'm confusing allardyce with another manager-- is there another english manager that you actually like lots?

Wow. I'm stumped. There's plenty I haven't minded in the past few years but none that I feel a particular fondness for, at least from England. Best I can think of is Alan Pardew, who gets a bad press here but I tend to stick up for a fair bit. His first name's Alan so, Alan/Allardyce? Maybe that was it.

Meanwhile West Ham lost again today, although hardly unexpected against Arsenal and our injuries are now getting ridiculous. We'll survive relegation but can see us now finishing firmly in the bottom half.
Old 03.14.2015, 09:03 PM   #6489
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, you're right about the respect US players have here. I'm a big fan of Freidel, too and even though Jonathan Spector was a bit shit for West Ham, he always seemed like an utterly decent bloke. They seem to be good in post match interviews, too. A sign of some genuine intelligence there compared with most of their teammates.

Which begs an important question: who is the thickest footballer in the prem right now? Not in the genius/mad way of someone like Balotelli or Joey Barton, just really boringly dim. Rooney has to be a candidate and I've often wondered about Tevez. By all accounts Jermaine Pennant is almost spectacularly thick.

Thickest Prem manager? No real evidence to base it on but I'm going for Tony Pulis.

Speaking of past posts I found this gem. Hindsight and all that ey?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2015, 05:46 AM   #6490
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Haha. Yeah, I was obviously way off there. He's good at what he does and he gets maximum respect for what he did at Palace.

Old 03.16.2015, 11:06 AM   #6491
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Wow. I'm stumped. There's plenty I haven't minded in the past few years but none that I feel a particular fondness for, at least from England. Best I can think of is Alan Pardew, who gets a bad press here but I tend to stick up for a fair bit. His first name's Alan so, Alan/Allardyce? Maybe that was it.

Meanwhile West Ham lost again today, although hardly unexpected against Arsenal and our injuries are now getting ridiculous. We'll survive relegation but can see us now finishing firmly in the bottom half.

no, i found your pardew posts and they weren't it

see, insane as it sounds i turned off images the other day and scanned all 300+ pages of this thread--- NOTHING.

i have this very vague memory of you doing like 2 successive posts talking very affectionately (maybe in jest) about someone... can't say who it is though... maybe someone in the english squad...? by first name or nickname.

what i remember the most clearly (though not clearly, just not as vaguely as the rest) was the cadence of the phrases. but i can only "hear" it not reproduce it.

i'm starting to think maybe my brain has a line to an alternate universe where walternate wears suits and bolivia is not such a miserable person, and that's where these fake memories come from, ha ha.
Old 03.16.2015, 05:23 PM   #6492
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i have this very vague memory of you doing like 2 successive posts talking very affectionately about someone

Problem solved.
Old 03.17.2015, 07:48 AM   #6493
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh man! she's violent criminal. if she was a man we'd be burning him in effigy. instead, it's the more reason to love her. are we crazy? most likely...
Old 03.18.2015, 10:31 AM   #6494
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

leverkusen out on penalties yesterday. ayayay.

today i know most of you guys will be watching man city vs. barcelona (maybe)

me i'm looking forward to seeing borussia dortmund come back from behind and knock out juventus

at least in my dreams ha ha

i like juve as well so it's no big drama, but dortmund needs a breath of life
Old 03.18.2015, 03:47 PM   #6495
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

dortmund-juve has been exciting mainly because tevez scored at 3' with a monster cannonshot that weidenfeller was too slow to stop. so dortmund has to attack & attack--

the thing is juve's defense is solid and for the first maybe 20 minutes dortmund couldn't even reach the last 3rd-- eventually dortmund was able to penetrate the area but with little danger.

so it's not completely exciting-- eventful though. pogba out after trying to foul sokratis.

oh here we go 2nd half! (barca's game looks awesome btw)

=====

well. tevez & morata doing the killing as usual. dortmund's defense a stuck pig.

juve is much more of a team-- no pirlo and no pogba and they're owning this.

--

3-0 now! dead & buried.
Old 03.19.2015, 01:44 AM   #6496
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Didn't see (or hear) either game but all the English clubs going out before the quarters will inspire the inevitable deluge of 'what's gone wrong' artices in the press.
Old 03.19.2015, 02:53 AM   #6497
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Didn't see (or hear) either game but all the English clubs going out before the quarters will inspire the inevitable deluge of 'what's gone wrong' artices in the press.

Except Everton obvs.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2015, 05:41 AM   #6498
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Barcelona yesterday reminded me of Barcelona in 2009-2010. Pure football heaven (except for the missed chances)

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2015, 06:03 AM   #6499
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

yesterday the fox sports commentariat launched into that immediately after the games-- actually it was alexi lalas (gringo) who started it. oh what is wrong, for all the fanfare they just look mediocre, 2 french teams moving forward, etc.

a couple of english guys (ex-players), particularly an old one... i think his name is warren barton? received his words with expressions of anger & disbelief and just avoided replying and changed the subject. hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Barcelona yesterday reminded me of Barcelona in 2009-2010. Pure football heaven (except for the missed chances)

i saw the highlights and messi was on fire-- looked like the human pinball/pinball machine with some insane dribbling--he wants that ballon d'or next year for sure.
Old 03.19.2015, 06:14 AM   #6500
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Except Everton obvs.

Too true, and I hope you go all the way. Nationally though, in terms of the CL, we do seem to have gone backwards or, at best, hit sit kind of wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_

Didn't see it but the match reviews are saying the same. It sounds like Messi had one of his incredible game, even without scoring, that we'd almost become a bit blase about a few years ago.
275315322323324 325 326327328335375425 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth