Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page The Eternal Stream 192kb??
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2009, 01:23 AM   #21
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Low-bitrate=whet appetite. Chrissake's we're hearing the album almost 2 months in advance.
High-bitrate= "Oh I've got this lossless or 320 stream, I can just line-in/line-out it to record, then either cancel my preorder or sell it for $$$ when it gets here because I already have what I need...a nice rip."

The whole point of the steam is that YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED IT.

FUCKTARD.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 01:27 AM   #22
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that's why I'm not pissed about bitrate. Hell, I wouldn't give a damn if it was 64 and in Mono because in 2 months time I can rip it in FLAC and listen to it in all it's uncompressed glory. It's not like it was recorded and mastered to 128. I still would have preordered without the stream, too.

And yeah, I'd be pissed if they did a NIN free release and it was only available in 128 or 160, but that's not the deal here. The stream is just a teaser.
Old 04.29.2009, 01:29 AM   #23
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Yeah, that's why I'm not pissed about bitrate. Hell, I wouldn't give a damn if it was 64 and in Mono because in 2 months time I can rip it in FLAC and listen to it in all it's uncompressed glory. It's not like it was recorded and mastered to 128. I still would have preordered without the stream, too.

And yeah, I'm be pissed if they did a NIN free release and it was only available in 128 or 160, but that's not the deal here. The stream is just a teaser.

64 mono?? really???
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 01:34 AM   #24
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
What the fuck's with all the haters today? Fucking delusional ass shit.
Old 04.29.2009, 01:35 AM   #25
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
The whole point of the steam is that YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED IT.

FUCKTARD.

Um no no no no.
The whole point of the stream is to give you a look-see into what you will eventually own come June 6. If it's 128, fine, because, guess what, it isn't the true product, and never was intended to be, and if you expect that, then you are wildly misinformed.

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 01:36 AM   #26
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
What's next? Are you going to tell me you feel ripped off or let down because "Shaking Hell" was mastered and mixed from a cassette source?
Old 04.29.2009, 01:46 AM   #27
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to see the look on Hevusa's face listening to Guided By Voices or Sebadoh.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 02:03 AM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to see the look on his face when he gets banned because people are reporting him for being rude to everyone for no reason.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 02:05 AM   #29
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
you guys are totally missing the point.
This is a "streaming preview" of the album.
A TOTALLY different thing form a downloadable version.
It's like "here, have a taste. Be prepared to hear lots of subtle things and better sounds when you get the actual thing".
It's not like "here, have a lame digital copy".
Needless to say, this preview should be "just" for those who ordered copies of the actual thing, so what's the point in complaining about the quality of something you'll get in all its glory on the actual release date (which, incidentally , IS the day people are supposed to hear it in full quality anyway) ??
You guys are getting too used to get the pappa pronta.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 02:06 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think anyone missed the point. Except the guy who made this thread.

In all seriousness, what a stupid thing to bitch about.

Old 04.29.2009, 02:06 AM   #31
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
the fuck, I'm too slow to type when I have a smile on my face.
great morning.

adam, it's not always stupid to bitch about something (like, if I paid for a digital copy aaand the digital copy is of lame quality, then bitching would be sensed, but it's not the case).
Old 04.29.2009, 02:09 AM   #32
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I just gave my first neg rep ever.
good morning to you all

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 02:10 AM   #33
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
adam, it's not always stupid to bitch about something (like, if I paid for a digital copy aaand the digital copy is of lame quality, then bitching would be sensed, but it's not the case).

True. But that's not what we're talking about.

Hey Slavo! I gave my 5th neg rep ever!!

Old 04.29.2009, 02:11 AM   #34
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I just gave my first neg rep ever.
good morning to you all

Me too. Rock on.
Old 04.29.2009, 02:18 AM   #35
nicfit
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
True. But that's not what we're talking about.
True. That's what I said ha ha.
hi slavo!
hi dionysus, happy belated birthday!
Old 04.29.2009, 02:37 AM   #36
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
I kinda understand Hevusa's point, tho he expressed it kind of aggressively.
This streaming thing is not quite a good thing in my opinion. For two months people will be stuck with this shity copy. They will accomodate with it and have no interest in the proper version when they will get it. (next time there will be zero interest for the actual copy, since the last one gathers dust on some shelve) Labels will also sense that (already did) and will have more interest in shity streams than actual copies, since is cheaper and they will make more money.
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 02:40 AM   #37
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Low is low on any system, and analog is not the same thing with 128 Kbps mp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
No no no

On lower quality systems the difference between low quality and high quality recordings is much more apparent, because low quality recordings tend to distort on such systems.

But then again I have high quality speakers and a nice amp with a 7 band EQ that I have tweaked to a nice mid-boost that makes virtually everything I listen to sound good.

Anyways. . . do you remember these?

Old 04.29.2009, 02:41 AM   #38
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I know this might seem bizarre in this day and age, but not everyone has a T3 connection. Also, in the interest of bandwidth (which costs them money!), it totally makes sense to have it ripped in 128... it still sounds FINE (remember a time when 128 was considered "cd quality"? Then it was 192. Now, 320 isn't even considered "cd quality" by most people!), they don't have to use as much bandwidth since the files are smaller, and people who are on slower connections can stream the songs at a decent speeds.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Old 04.29.2009, 02:43 AM   #39
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

... and Sebadoh doesn't record their albums in mp3 and then press them on vinyl.
Old 04.29.2009, 02:48 AM   #40
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I know this might seem bizarre in this day and age, but not everyone has a T3 connection. Also, in the interest of bandwidth (which costs them money!), it totally makes sense to have it ripped in 128... it still sounds FINE (remember a time when 128 was considered "cd quality"? Then it was 192. Now, 320 isn't even considered "cd quality" by most people!), they don't have to use as much bandwidth since the files are smaller, and people who are on slower connections can stream the songs at a decent speeds.
Makes perfect sense to me.

yeah, i know and understand perfectly your point (not so much time ago my max. download speed was 4-7 Kbps).
I just think that this streaming thing is pointless untill the standard will become at least equal with the proper release format.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth