Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Daydream Nation on iTunes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.01.2007, 10:38 AM   #1
phxphreak
empty page

phxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to all
Hello all, I was looking to get Daydream Nation on iTunes but it is listed as a partial album. However, every track is there except "Trilogy: The Wonder", but in its place is a song called "Trilogy Medley" that is 4:15 seconds long, just like the song which should be there. What is the difference? Or are they really the same song? I want to purchase the album, but not an incomplete version.
phxphreak is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
It'd be easier to just buy the record.

I don't use Itunes, but I've never heard of 'Trilogy Medley'. I would take pride in my sonic knowledge. Perhaps Chris Lawrence will shed some light on this mystery.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2007, 10:57 AM   #3
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
thats just a title misnomer i reckon...... go to a normal shop and pick it up in your hands, then you knlow youve got the real deal. its not a difficult album to come accross

or even wait 6 odd months and buy the expanded edition...... no fuck it, go and buy it now and then buy the expanded edition in 6 months. no self respecting indie guitar swing appreciator should be without this masterpiece of jingle jangle.....
Old 01.01.2007, 12:26 PM   #4
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i agree with what everyone else is saying. besides, if you buy it on itunes, then switch computers, you may have to reauthorize it or some shit to play on the new computer.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2007, 12:31 PM   #5
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
As much as i disagree with technophobes and Sonic Youth fans in general,make the trip to the nearest record shop and buy the record.It'll change your life for the best,trust me.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 12:52 AM   #6
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
that trilogy medley might just be "the wonder" but not the other two songs.

but seriously, itunes is a last resort for music. get the actual cd. (or, i did see an autographed vinyl copy floating around on ebay a while back..)
Old 01.02.2007, 07:35 AM   #7
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
itunes is very annoying isnt it? anyway i would say that yes buying the album is for the best.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 07:37 AM   #8
The Erotic Pacman

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxphreak
Hello all, I was looking to get Daydream Nation on iTunes but it is listed as a partial album. However, every track is there except "Trilogy: The Wonder", but in its place is a song called "Trilogy Medley" that is 4:15 seconds long, just like the song which should be there. What is the difference? Or are they really the same song? I want to purchase the album, but not an incomplete version.

hey. i have free 5 euro cuppons if you want to... i dont use that shit anyway..
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 08:40 AM   #9
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
that trilogy medley might just be "the wonder" but not the other two songs.

but seriously, itunes is a last resort for music. get the actual cd. (or, i did see an autographed vinyl copy floating around on ebay a while back..)

medley suggests to me that it would be a shortened blend of all three tracks. bogus, in other words.
Old 01.02.2007, 04:06 PM   #10
phxphreak
empty page

phxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to allphxphreak is a name known to all
So no one knows? I was at the record store today and they didn't have it.
Old 01.02.2007, 04:11 PM   #11
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So no one knows? I was at the record store today and they didn't have it.
Your record store doesn't have Daydream Nation ? What's that shit ?!!
You 've got to change it. This album is a milestone.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 04:14 PM   #12
The Erotic Pacman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
Your record store doesn't have Daydream Nation ? What's that shit ?!!
You 've got to change it. This album is a milestone.

meh meh...

daydream nation is out of stock almost everywhere...

edit: calm down i was talking about my local stores... ok?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 04:16 PM   #13
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
medley suggests to me that it would be a shortened blend of all three tracks. bogus, in other words.

My thoughts exactly. Why the fuck would you buy it on itunes anyways?!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 04:16 PM   #14
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
You mean in vinyl version ?

Old 01.02.2007, 04:17 PM   #15
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Erotic Pacman
meh meh...

daydream nation is out of stock almost everywhere...

Baloney! Daydream Nation is the only pre 1990 album that is kept in stock in almost every record store, major or not. It's always there, man.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 04:22 PM   #16
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
Baloney! Daydream Nation is the only pre 1990 album that is kept in stock in almost every record store, major or not. It's always there, man.
Completly agree !!
I live in France, a boring country for rock addicts, and you can find Daydream Nation in every record store.

Old 01.02.2007, 04:28 PM   #17
phxphreak
empty page

Well, it wasn't there.

And as for "why the fuck would I buy it on iTunes", why not?

I bought it off Amazon so your "help" is no longer needed.
Old 01.02.2007, 05:59 PM   #18
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
And as for "why the fuck would I buy it on iTunes", why not?

music is more than just the music... when you buy an album you need to see the artwork too. the album of a good artist is not just the music, the cover should be art...

didn't you ask the recordstore if you could place an order? buying from the internet will destroy the local shops...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2007, 06:02 PM   #19
phxphreak
empty page

Wow, first I get criticized for looking to buy an album off iTunes, and now I get criticized for buying it off the internet...
Old 01.02.2007, 06:06 PM   #20
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quick get out of here, run home! It will only get worse.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth