Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bands Covering Whole Albums
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.27.2008, 09:10 PM   #41
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
actually, i could see mr chasny doing lots of rad cover records; i would love to hear him do fahey's 'voice of the turtle', townes van zandt's 'delta momma blues', and lots others.

i could see boredoms doing amazing renditions of these already amazing records; dna's 'a taste of dna', parliament's 'free your mind and your ass will follow', and devo's 'Q: are we not men? Q: We are DEVO!' (cant you see it now, Q: Are we not Devo? A; We Are BooooooooREDOMS!)

the contortions woulda done a kicking rendition of james brown's 'the payback'.

im trying to think of who could do a rad version of springsteen's 'nebraska'. but i think that record might be too perfect to fuck with. i used to get annoyed when my dad would go on and on about springsteen, and my former jaded self would be like, "yeah whatever dad, fuckin indie, pavement, sonic youth, blah blah". then he said i had to hear nebraska, that it is a minimal recording of vocals, accoustic and some electric guitars, and harmonicas, and all the songs are based on simple repeitions given to hypnotic effect, every song is a full blown story, and its partly influenced by suicide. he didnt sell me to the suicide thing. i then listened, and ive been a springsteen uber-fan ever since. i listened to nebraska last night on headphones after smoking a couple blunts, and it still sounds perfect. ok, got way off track there, sorry.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth