Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page what are you reading?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2019, 04:29 PM   #5421
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
What’s the deal with your Moon Knight avatar?

He's the third greatest superhero of all time. That's from the Fist of Khonshu run. I own so many Moon Knight comics, even used to own his debut appearance (Werewolf by Night #32 and #33) before I sold those for $$$. I looove me some Moon Knight.

My personal list of favorites...

1. Spider-Man
2. Daredevil
3. Moon Knight
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2019, 08:17 PM   #5422
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
He's the third greatest superhero of all time. That's from the Fist of Khonshu run. I own so many Moon Knight comics, even used to own his debut appearance (Werewolf by Night #32 and #33) before I sold those for $$$. I looove me some Moon Knight.

1. Spider-Man
2. Daredevil
3. Moon Knight

Cool! He’s basically just crazy Batman, maybe with God powers sometimes,, but I like him too.

Daredevil, Thor and Cap are my favorites from Marvel. Moon Knight is super underrated though. I feel like he’d make for a decent adaptation if they picked the right source material and tweaked a bit for the screen.

Is that what he had on his chest in his first appearance? I’ve never seen emblem on his costume before. Always, just, y’onow, moons.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2019, 11:38 PM   #5423
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Moon Knight has a super weird back story. Everything about the character is weird tbh.

So... Marc Spector was a mercenary nearly killed out in Egypt before a statue of a god named Khonshu. In his last breath of life, Marc has a vision of Khonshu who offers to revitalize him if he promises to carry out Khonshu's name and image. He proceeds to dawn the silver cloak he finds on the statue of Khonshu, gets revenge on Bushman (the man who nearly killed him the first place) and heads back to the United States to form his new life as millionaire playboy, Steven Grant, with the fortunes he gathered being a mercenary.

Now he is Marc Spector, Moon Knight, and Steven Grant. Marc also slaps on a fake mustache whenever he wants to acquire info from the streets as simple cab driver, Jake Lockley.

These four personas are supposedly symbolic of the four primary phases of the moon.

But living these multiple identities is no easy feat for Marc to juggle and eventually he develops schizophrenia, etc.

In the Fist of Khonshu run (MK's second term as a titular character), Moon Knight becomes inhabited by Khonshu himself and gains not only new gear, but actual superpowers... errr... lunar abilities. Hence the crescent on his chest being replaced by that Ankh.

Hope that explains enough lol.
Old 02.13.2019, 11:41 PM   #5424
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

But yeah, my dream superhero movie is a Moon Knight flick starring Gosling and directed by Refn.

DO IT DISNEY, YOU COWARDS!!!
Old 02.14.2019, 03:42 AM   #5425
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
I remember digging Moon Knight. He was kind of an oddball, kinda like Marvel's version of Batman. I never knew there was any time that he had actual super powers, that's interesting.

The only comics I read these days are Archie comics in their various titles (Betty & Veronica, Laugh etc). And the OLD ones too, not that newfangled shit. (get off my lawn!)
Old 02.14.2019, 07:07 AM   #5426
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

^ my main comic loving buddy is obsessed w Archie

I've never really seen the appeal. Isnt it just some red headed dude running around and chasing tail? If I wanted to read that I'd just read Daredevil. Speaking of Batman clones... hmphm...

Old 02.14.2019, 07:19 AM   #5427
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Tidjane Thiam’s wikipedia page

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidjane_Thiam
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2019, 08:37 AM   #5428
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Moon Knight has a super weird back story. Everything about the character is weird tbh.

So... Marc Spector was a mercenary nearly killed out in Egypt before a statue of a god named Khonshu. In his last breath of life, Marc has a vision of Khonshu who offers to revitalize him if he promises to carry out Khonshu's name and image. He proceeds to dawn the silver cloak he finds on the statue of Khonshu, gets revenge on Bushman (the man who nearly killed him the first place) and heads back to the United States to form his new life as millionaire playboy, Steven Grant, with the fortunes he gathered being a mercenary.

Now he is Marc Spector, Moon Knight, and Steven Grant. Marc also slaps on a fake mustache whenever he wants to acquire info from the streets as simple cab driver, Jake Lockley.

These four personas are supposedly symbolic of the four primary phases of the moon.

But living these multiple identities is no easy feat for Marc to juggle and eventually he develops schizophrenia, etc.

In the Fist of Khonshu run (MK's second term as a titular character), Moon Knight becomes inhabited by Khonshu himself and gains not only new gear, but actual superpowers... errr... lunar abilities. Hence the crescent on his chest being replaced by that Ankh.

Hope that explains enough lol.

Yah dude I knew literally all of this except for the stuff about the Ankh. LOL.

Gosling would make a great superhero, but I kinda feel like Drive might have been his go at that. If you think about it, it’s kinda the best superhero movie ever. (Shrug)
Old 02.14.2019, 08:38 AM   #5429
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

1. Spider-Man
2. Daredevil
3. Moon Knight

Moon Knight was dope indeed.

My top faves

1. Batman
2. The Hulk
3. The Thing
Old 02.14.2019, 09:14 AM   #5430
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yah dude I knew literally all of this except for the stuff about the Ankh. LOL.

Gosling would make a great superhero, but I kinda feel like Drive might have been his go at that. If you think about it, it’s kinda the best superhero movie ever. (Shrug)

Lol I figured, I just get exceedingly jazzed whenever I get the opportunity to talk about Moon Knight. So many people have no idea who he is, which makes me glad he's beloved 'round these parts.

Ever see this schematic of his OG 'copter?

Moon Knight is such an eccentric character that he needs an equally weird director to do him justice. Refn fits the bill perfectly, as does Gosling. Slap a moustache on him in Drive and yeah, hes Jake.

I'd even love to see his recent Ellis interpretation on the big screen.

The MCU will continue to disappoint me unless I get to see something like this come true. Hell, they did a fantastic job w/ that Daredevil Netflix show and then cancelled it. Fucking blow me
Old 02.14.2019, 10:46 AM   #5431
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I think there’s actually a comic book thread.....
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2019, 12:04 PM   #5432
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I think there’s actually a comic book thread.....

Old 02.14.2019, 12:49 PM   #5433
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
dont worry about kommissar ildouche

just persist till he puts you on ignore XD
Old 02.14.2019, 01:30 PM   #5434
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Lol I figured, I just get exceedingly jazzed whenever I get the opportunity to talk about Moon Knight. So many people have no idea who he is, which makes me glad he's beloved 'round these parts.

Ever see this schematic of his OG 'copter?

Moon Knight is such an eccentric character that he needs an equally weird director to do him justice. Refn fits the bill perfectly, as does Gosling. Slap a moustache on him in Drive and yeah, hes Jake.

I'd even love to see his recent Ellis interpretation on the big screen.

The MCU will continue to disappoint me unless I get to see something like this come true. Hell, they did a fantastic job w/ that Daredevil Netflix show and then cancelled it. Fucking blow me

I read an entire article once about how a Moon Knight film could never happen.
I disagree, but I think it would be better suited to TV perhaps. Prestige or miniseries or something, a la Daredevil, which — in my opinion — was excellent, but was nearing the end of what could be done without getting hokey or stupid. If that third season had been fleshed out a little better, and ended with some closure, it would have essentially been like a trilogy of films.

Moon Knight could be done, but not really in the current MCU.
Would have to be more like a Deadpool/Logan kind of thing
Old 02.14.2019, 02:58 PM   #5435
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Old 02.14.2019, 03:32 PM   #5436
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
I read an entire article once about how a Moon Knight film could never happen.
I disagree, but I think it would be better suited to TV perhaps. Prestige or miniseries or something, a la Daredevil, which — in my opinion — was excellent, but was nearing the end of what could be done without getting hokey or stupid. If that third season had been fleshed out a little better, and ended with some closure, it would have essentially been like a trilogy of films.

Moon Knight could be done, but not really in the current MCU.
Would have to be more like a Deadpool/Logan kind of thing

What exactly was their reasoning for being unable to make a Moon Knight film? Do you recall?
Old 02.14.2019, 06:36 PM   #5437
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
What exactly was their reasoning for being unable to make a Moon Knight film? Do you recall?

I can probably do you one better. Here:

https://www.looper.com/33410/marvel-...t-movie/?amp=1

* Most of the reasons are bogus in my opinion. If you can get away with Punisher violence and Norse gods, you can get away with basically the same level of violence and Hindu gods
Old 02.15.2019, 12:20 AM   #5438
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Archie is like macaroni and cheese. It's comforting and delicious.
Old 02.15.2019, 12:26 AM   #5439
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
I can probably do you one better. Here:

https://www.looper.com/33410/marvel-...t-movie/?amp=1

* Most of the reasons are bogus in my opinion. If you can get away with Punisher violence and Norse gods, you can get away with basically the same level of violence and Hindu gods

Every single one of these seems as though they are exact reasons why he deserves a movie tbh
Old 02.15.2019, 11:47 AM   #5440
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Every single one of these seems as though they are exact reasons why he deserves a movie tbh

Agree. In my opinion, the hardest part would be marketing him to non-comic-book readers and preventing it from looking like a Batman ripoff.

Let’s be honest, Moon Knight, like Daredevil and honestly Iron Man, started out very much as a Batman ripoff. At least aesthetically. And when he became a hero instead of a villain.

Rich guy with butler goes on odyssey, has experience with elemental thing that informs elemental-thing-themed crimefighting efforts.

But the multiple personalities is a strong angle, as is the god shit. Now, he’s very much his own thing, like Daredevil — whose womanizing, Irish Catholic guilt and borderline personality disorder narcissism have set him apart. And Deadpool, who started as such a massive Deathstroke rip that it actually became a joke, has his own thing going on too.

I am all for it, and always have been.
And the fact that there’s a Batman shaped hole in the current superhero movie space also helps. I hope whatever they do with “THE BATMAN” is held off indefinitely, because fuck that shot. It’s like rebooting The Godfather at this point.

That said, I don’t know if Refn’s the guy for the job. But do you k kw what is funny?
When casting a potential post-Nolan Batman movie in my head, I picked the EXACT SAME ACTOR/DIRECTOR PAIR!!!

Then I saw “ARRIVAL” and “Blade Runner 2049” and decided Denis Villeneuve would probably be a more realistic (and perfectly suited) choice.

And slap some brown hair dye on Gosling’s golden locks, and you’ve got yourself a Bruce Wayne! Do a Court or Owls story where a young Batman is driven mad by a group of faceless aristocratic Illuminati types who poison him, and you have yourself a fresh Batman story with no need for an impossible Joker recast.

(Fun fact, Gosling auditioned for the role of Joker in THAT MOVIE WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED FOR A WHILE) and didn’t get it, because Ledger, who was approached to play *Batman* in Begins not said, “Nah, I’m on some serious actor shit now,” saw said film and decided he needed to be a part of what Nolan was doing. The rest is history!)
222262269270271 272 273274275282 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth