Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page the different versions of Bad Moon Rising
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2006, 12:18 PM   #1
sndo
empty page

sndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard sucka
I was wondering if anyone could point me to where I can find info detailing the re-packaging of Bad Moon Rising for DGC. I have two versions right now; both make it as far as track 11, but they have widely varying track times. I'm pretty sure that nothing is actually missing though, rather, they have just put in the cuts at different points.
So I'm pretty sure that neither of these are from the original vinyl release, but they're both quite different. The version that includes a track 12 is also much louder/(compressed?)
sndo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 12:28 PM   #2
sndo
empty page

sndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard suckasndo cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndo
I was wondering if anyone could point me to where I can find info detailing the re-packaging of Bad Moon Rising for DGC. I have two versions right now; both make it as far as track 11, but they have widely varying track times. I'm pretty sure that nothing is actually missing though, rather, they have just put in the cuts at different points.
So I'm pretty sure that neither of these are from the original vinyl release, but they're both quite different. The version that includes a track 12 is also much louder/(compressed?)

BTW or FYI, I am talking about MP3s here, however, I do own the album (the version with 12 tracks), but it's currently in my parents attic along with the rest of my CD collection. 'Dem 'der boxes are heavy.
Old 05.28.2006, 12:30 PM   #3
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/index.html
Old 05.28.2006, 12:44 PM   #4
sndo
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa

Wow, thanks. That site is definitely going into my bookmarks.
Old 05.28.2006, 01:23 PM   #5
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Yes it should. It shall be your bible for all eternity, now if only it'd get updated.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 02:18 PM   #6
sndo
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Yes it should. It shall be your bible for all eternity, now if only it'd get updated.

haha, I failed to see that the URL points to this very site!
My apologies for not trying harder before consulting the forum.
Old 05.28.2006, 02:23 PM   #7
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Meh don't worry about it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 02:24 PM   #8
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndo
haha, I failed to see that the URL points to this very site!
My apologies for not trying harder before consulting the forum.

Actually, I don't think that there is a direct link between sy.com and mustang. Mustang used to be at a different address and was subsequently hosted on the sy server - maybe when they re-did the site (does anyone remember the weird blinking ascii mess when the sonicyouth.com first came online?)

But yeah, despite the fact it hasn't been updated since Nurse, it is The SY Bible.
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 02:41 PM   #9
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
To get to it from here, just go to the "archives" link at the top, then "sonicology", then choose one of those and it will get you there.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 02:09 AM   #10
sndo
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
(does anyone remember the weird blinking ascii mess when the sonicyouth.com first came online?)
...Like it was yesterday. (No, really, I don't think I've been to this site since then)
Old 05.29.2006, 11:25 AM   #11
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
chris lawrence said that very very soon he's going to update it all, he already has a bit. for instince the sonic nurse guitar tabs. but you cant really find a link to it unless someone posts it
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 09:25 PM   #12
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
if you'd asked me a year ago what i'd expect to see first -- my site updated or the reissue of the first SY EP, i'd have bet on myself. funny how that goes.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 09:38 PM   #13
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Chris Lawrence, I would love to see one part of the Gearography updated. It does mention that SY's amps and other equipment from the early 80's would be added but I have yet to see it. And I am very interested to learn what they used back then since it is clearly the most underdocumented time period of the youth. I would love to see it completed but i understand that you might not have the kind of time to do so...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth