Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Roundhouse - Thursday
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.31.2007, 04:53 AM   #1
avec25
empty page

avec25 ain't too shabbyavec25 ain't too shabby
My 2nd SY show after the Murray Street tour.... it was MINDBLOWING! Was right down the front but had to leave during the encore.

We had:

Incinerate
Reena
Mote (!!!)
Do You Believe In Rapture

Then I had to leave to get the tube. Would anyone like to fill me in with what I missed?! Going again Saturday and will get to see the whole thing this time. Can't wait.
avec25 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2007, 05:01 AM   #2
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! just read that as "do you believe in rupture" which will be the response of my colon tonight. can't wiat, I can';t spell with excitement.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2007, 06:03 AM   #3
maggot brain
little trouble girl

maggot brain is a splendid one to beholdmaggot brain is a splendid one to beholdmaggot brain is a splendid one to beholdmaggot brain is a splendid one to beholdmaggot brain is a splendid one to beholdmaggot brain is a splendid one to beholdmaggot brain is a splendid one to beholdmaggot brain is a splendid one to behold
Does anyone have the full set list for this? I'm gonna be there tonight and saturday...It's gonna be the best thing ever. Wow, I'm so excited.

maggot brain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2007, 10:40 AM   #4
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
don't have time to write anything now other than that I enjoyed it, but the full setlist was

Daydream Nation
---
Incinerate
Reena
Mote
Do You Believe in Rapture?
Jams Run Free (dedicated to Hilly Kristal)
Pink Steam
---
Shaking Hell
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2007, 11:59 AM   #5
Rab
empty page

Rab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's assesRab kicks all y'all's asses
Much as I enjoyed Daydream Nation, the encore was better. It seemed as if performing a whole album from start to finish was a bit of constraint. Freed to do what was more of a choice for the band, they looked far more comfortable and energetic. The fact that the new album is one of their best helped (and Mote is an all time favourite). Wish I had tickets for the other two nights.
Rab is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 05:48 AM   #6
Sam
empty page

Sam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's assesSam kicks all y'all's asses
Hello all,
Just signed up to this message board, mainly to see what other people thought of the show.
I thought it was awesome. SY were on fire, and it was a great atmosphere. I'd been looking forward to this gig for months, had taken the day and the next day off work, so I was in a good mood anyway.

The encore was great, a really good choice of songs, especially Mote, but for me it didn't beat Daydream Nation. After all these years, it was fantastic to hear it live from start to finish. But then I'm an old git.

As others have said , I'd go to the other shows if I could.

avec25 - I was right down the front as well, so I probably bumped into you!!
Sam is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 06:51 PM   #7
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I just got back from London. I only went to this show being poor and slow off the mark, though I don't think i would have liked to have gone to anymore just because this was so good. I missed a few days off work travel down and it was definatly worth the hassle... It was surprisingly relaxed when I arrived fairly late to the venue, later than I normally would for anything of this sort. I don't know if it was because it was the first night or what but i'd normally expect a huge queue and all that crap but it wasnt to be found. - There's also a really wide spectrum of the types that go to see Sonic Youth. I've never been to a Sonic Youth gig before being younger I didn't know what to expect but I think I wanted more from the crowd. It seemed odd being there and then lining it up with what you think of/is the bands history. After having a smoke outside my friend and I headed in, got into what was a very short queue and then proptly headed right to the front when the doors were open. I was wearing a confusion is sex t-shirt (wearing a band shirt to a gig is something I've never done before) and felt like a really lame fanboy in this position, though was again surprised how there was no mass rush for the front. The support band did nothing for me and I thought they were pretty terrible. I did like, however, turning around and just seeing everyone with their fingers in their ears. I spent most of the gig in awe off the stage right below Lee. They definatly weren't into playing Daydream Nation, I agree, and started bantering and probably enjoying it more with the encore. The encore was a show in itself, which was awesome. I think it was before Shaking Hell that lee made eye contact with the crowd for the first time then leaned in and seemed like badly attempting to shake the hand of the guy next to me and then I got a proper hand shake off him which, and I feel pathetic to say, but it was very cool. If that wasn't enough when it was over and had cleared a bit I asked a roadie for Lee's plectrum that I'd spied when he threw near the edge of the stage. I got it, I think much the annoyance of a couple people who heeded the guy over to ask for the setlist and were denied as they were taped to the floor. It's really fucking worn I'd imagine just from that one show - I might see how it plays. High points of the show for me was hearing Trilogy played live and seeing Kim dancing. It was great too when Thurston and Lee were just swinging their guitars and just messing around on Teen Age Riot. Mote was great and I loved Pink Steam too. The negitives is that I feel like I should have been participating more and the crowd made it hard to completly let go also there was this cunt behind us just shouting out the most retarded shit, but thankfully he collapsed. I was really buzzing for a bit when the show was over and I really couldn't have asked for more on my first experiance seeing SY.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 06:52 PM   #8
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
shit, sorry for writing so much.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2007, 07:06 PM   #9
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-aim
shit, sorry for writing so much.

Don't be, it's nice to have something to read. Way to score Lee's plectrum.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth