Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page sonicl's ATP tips
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.23.2006, 09:14 AM   #41
nobye-noaloha
bad moon rising

nobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's asses
first, thanx sonicl for all your sentences that helps me a lot.
secondly,
i'm coming from france with a ryan air flight. i'll lan on london sansted airport at 2.05 pm.c there's jsut one flight per day so i have no choice and the trip is 30€ (really really cheap).
trycoaches but can't get it and nationnal rail is very expensive and i can't get the return.
do you have any advice!!
thanx
nobye-noaloha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2006, 09:49 AM   #42
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobye-noaloha
first, thanx sonicl for all your sentences that helps me a lot.
secondly,
i'm coming from france with a ryan air flight. i'll lan on london sansted airport at 2.05 pm.c there's jsut one flight per day so i have no choice and the trip is 30€ (really really cheap).
trycoaches but can't get it and nationnal rail is very expensive and i can't get the return.
do you have any advice!!
thanx
Unfortunately Stansted is not an easy airport to get to and from, and the money you save on a flight you soon lose on the transport links once you've landed.

The best suggestion I have is buy a single rail ticket from Stansted to Taunton on 8 December for £27.50 (leave Stansted at 15:15 / arrive at Taunton 18:50, or leave Stansted at 15:45 / arrive at Taunton 19:40) and another single rail ticket from Taunton to Stansted on 11 December for the £20.50 (leave Taunton at 09:25/ arrive Stansted at 13:10). That would save you £19 on the price of the cheapest return ticket. These details are from National Rail Enquiries.

There are coach services you could use, but the times of the coaches are no use to you.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2006, 11:08 AM   #43
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I might be attending this year if I have enough money. I'll read this thread later.
Old 10.24.2006, 09:20 AM   #44
nobye-noaloha
bad moon rising

nobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's asses
thanx sonicl.
so i was thinking, we are many frenchys to come. maybe it could be cheapest to rent a car.
do you know a cheap renting car agency, does a french can rent an english car (i guess) : it could be a big big fun to drive on the left!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Unfortunately Stansted is not an easy airport to get to and from, and the money you save on a flight you soon lose on the transport links once you've landed.

The best suggestion I have is buy a single rail ticket from Stansted to Taunton on 8 December for £27.50 (leave Stansted at 15:15 / arrive at Taunton 18:50, or leave Stansted at 15:45 / arrive at Taunton 19:40) and another single rail ticket from Taunton to Stansted on 11 December for the £20.50 (leave Taunton at 09:25/ arrive Stansted at 13:10). That would save you £19 on the price of the cheapest return ticket. These details are from National Rail Enquiries.

There are coach services you could use, but the times of the coaches are no use to you.
Old 10.24.2006, 09:36 AM   #45
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobye-noaloha
thanx sonicl.
so i was thinking, we are many frenchys to come. maybe it could be cheapest to rent a car.
do you know a cheap renting car agency, does a french can rent an english car (i guess) : it could be a big big fun to drive on the left!!!!
Try this link: http://www.nationalcar.co.uk/ukweb/b...ROCOD=BAAOFFER. There are other companies that do car rental from Stansted, but this one seemd to be the cheapest.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2006, 10:20 AM   #46
nobye-noaloha
bad moon rising

long life to sonicl.
he's nice and he answers faster than superman!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Try this link: http://www.nationalcar.co.uk/ukweb/b...ROCOD=BAAOFFER. There are other companies that do car rental from Stansted, but this one seemd to be the cheapest.
Old 10.24.2006, 10:28 AM   #47
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
my aim is no fun fest, atp is too good to be true but i don't have enough money...it should be a bitch to choose between stages.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2006, 03:14 PM   #48
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
stuck in taunton and looking for fun? try the fun farm!

Nerrols Farm
Priorswood
Taunton
Somerset
TA2 8QJ

but seriously folks... how does one get from taunton to minehead? it's about 25 miles/40 kilometers and the only busline i've found so far doesn't run any services between 10am and 4pm, so that's quite useless. also it would take 75 minutes, which doesn't sound like it's the best option either... furthermore the good people at nationalexpress.com have been unable to find any outward or return journeys using the locations and dates that i've entered.

does anybody know some online travel planner for somerset public transport? or does anyone living in the area (glice perhaps, you cocky old cunt?) know which companies operate between these places? thanks.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2006, 03:18 PM   #49
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
actually i just found another one... this seems to be useful.
http://www.travelinesw.com/
service number 28 does it in about 70 minutes.
Old 11.25.2006, 09:12 PM   #50
towelie
little trouble girl

towelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant futuretowelie has a brilliant future
Hello.

I have an important ATP tip for everybody. If you're staying at a hotel make sure to bring your own towel. You never know where hotel towels have been.

Anybody here want to get high?
towelie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2006, 09:53 AM   #51
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie

...glice perhaps, you cocky old cunt?...

I am all of the above apart from old. Perhaps you were confused because I am so very very wise?

First South West is the local bus operator. I actually have no idea how, or indeed, why, people are going from Taunton > Minehead. There's a train station in Minehead, if I remember rightly. I don't much care, I've sorted out how I'm getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2006, 10:02 AM   #52
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
If you try and book a train ticket it always says that the Taunton to Minehead leg of the journey is done by bus.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2006, 03:26 AM   #53
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I am all of the above apart from old. Perhaps you were confused because I am so very very wise?

First South West is the local bus operator. I actually have no idea how, or indeed, why, people are going from Taunton > Minehead. There's a train station in Minehead, if I remember rightly. I don't much care, I've sorted out how I'm getting there.

thanks, young man. that was actually the one i had found earlier... it's only now that i see it does run between 10 am and 4pm though.

i'm pretty sure minehead does not have a train station; on the ATP site it says taunton is the closest one.

anyway, it seems that me and my chalet gang will be meeting up at taunton, so with six people there should be enough of us to either make a taxi minibus affordable or else at least hijack a school bus.
Old 11.27.2006, 07:12 AM   #54
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I just saw a documentary called Bus 174 last night...trust me, we DO NOT want to hijack a bus. At least not in Brazil.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth