Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page One of many reasons religion is an awful thing.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.02.2012, 02:19 AM   #21
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=SpectralJulianIsNotDead]The ACLU & the Freedom From Religion people have this sort of annoying stick up their butt "not one domino shall fall" sort of attitude getting their panties in a twist over the smallest of things.

The girl felt that she didn't belong in her high school everytime she saw that prayer? What student feels like they do belong in their high school in the first place.

I think the namecalling of the young hot chick was over the line, but you can't blame a peaceful little town for getting upset when some big litigious organization comes rolls into their town & gives it a bunch of national negative attention & tells them what to do.

There was a local town here that was in trouble because of a nativity displayed on public property. Freedom From Religion bused protesters in and such.

I don't know, I don't feel the pledge of allegiance is threatening my freedom of religion or the separation of church & state. When they start charging me taxes for not having a declared denomination or putting armbands on people you can then color me concerned.

Now should the prayer have been in the school? Probably not. Most schools have mission statements.

The whole "evils of religion" thing I think is a bit overblown. I think people are just shitty to begin with. We're animals, and animals do shitty things to each other.

Talking about the "evils of religion" is just a nice way to prepackage and stereotype billions of people & hate them all at once.[/QUOTE

I don't hate religious people, i hate religion. I agree we are all animals and are prone to doing shitty things because of the fact. Religion often puts us above animals, however. According to the christian bible, animals were put here for the pleasure of man. It teaches intolerance of others...homosexuals, nonbelievers, etc. What is there to like about religion? Even the stories as stories are boring and dated. Can't read the book of revelations without half asses expecting sinbad to pop out any any moment slashing away at three headed beasts and shit.
Old 02.02.2012, 03:46 AM   #22
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
first before you learn anything learn to count cyclus
today earth is 4.5 billion years old = evolution of life forms 'survival'

religion = against nature
people in the past, sientist who said the earth is round were about to be exucuted if they said something against what is written in the books written 2000 years ago by simple sapains

first they oppres that and to get more gold and money they started wars to win land ( wars in the name of god, actually wars for more money )

since then wars never ended, protestants agains katholics ect..

150 years ago darwin came with the information we might come from the animal evolution
that was been laughed away and he could sit in the oppresed science corner like in the medieval days

religion always oppresed scientist & nature intelligence

after many wars later we are in 1950 - 1970 were religious survants abuse and kill about 10 to 20.000 childeren in europe ( not soo long ago )

after mass abuse of childeren they all keept it in the coverup

2 years ago this mass abuse of childeren by religion came to the surface and was all over the tv

the people still believe these child abusers/ phedofiles and say it's a lie
at the end the pope had the kneel and finally speak about it in 2010 ( their religious time , birth of christ in year 0 )

so religion in europe was a coverup by phedofiles who could keep the people stupid for an extreem long time

and they still do follow these phedofiles to rome if they have to

and then ofcourse the protitution of childeren & woman world wide that is still going on like you have now the live reports of cnn 'end modernday slavery'

like i said, first there have to be a modernday if you want to talk about the modernday

the modernisation of planet earth isn't there at the moment
modernisation depends on modernhumans who a skilled with the modern information about life

and if you are there you realize that all sapians brains who have brainfood from religion never ever gonna turn modern

reality = 5 billion sapians on this planet have religious brainfood
pumped in by parents or others

word in the modern world = brainfood = pioson

nature = brightness

gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 03:48 AM   #23
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
religion = pioson
Old 02.02.2012, 04:04 AM   #24
gast30
invito al cielo

modern information of today, for example DNA sapian = 98% chimpansees = not counting for 5 billion sapians world wide today

= modern humans are pioneers for the rest of their days
Old 02.02.2012, 09:07 AM   #25
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/27/us...r-lawsuit.html

I know we're told to not always judge the religious based off of their actions and to look at the bibles they read instead...but shit like this makes me wonder how much most people actually believe. Faith can be an awful, awful, awful thing. Poisonous.

This girl kicks ass though. Just hate that she's got to put up with this sort of shit.

(also, I've read the Christian version of the bible. It's some of the most evil shit I've ever read).
enough = enough

who thinks about the atheist who need to see the religious wars & childabuses of these religious people

we are all animals
and some have childeren who are to stay for 80 to 100 years on earth

today the sapian lifeforms are with 7 billion in number
so... i guess you can figur out how a child has to grew up with all these pioson between the ears of the lifeforms

it's all pioson an ashtray
like 7 billion brains got the virus of information pioson

maybe people are afraid of being what they are, a simple landanimal lifeform
can you be happy with the origin?

wel i can, i don't like to live confused about life
i don't like to live in a lie, friends are the people that don't lie ( in my world )

Old 02.02.2012, 09:11 AM   #26
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Uh,ok. Why did you even respond to it then? Shouldn't you be off crying about kim and t bird?

I'm always crying about Kim and t bird.

Anyways, I jsut hate these threads.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 11:08 AM   #27
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
The whole "evils of religion" thing I think is a bit overblown. I think people are just shitty to begin with. We're animals, and animals do shitty things to each other.

I agree we are all animals and are prone to doing shitty things because of the fact.

yeah, i don't agree with that. first of all animals do not do shitty things to each other usually. animals take what they need and leave what they don't. animals kill for the mutual survival of each other. animals do not commit genocide.

and there are also plenty of human cultures that were based of more egalitarian ideals that were based on respecting their surroundings for example many indigenous cultures of the americas (Turtle Island). this shittiness is definitely a problem of "civilized" people and i do not think can be attributed to a genetic human trait.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 01:11 PM   #28
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fugazifan again

dfdbff
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 01:20 PM   #29
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
yeah, i don't agree with that. first of all animals do not do shitty things to each other usually. animals take what they need and leave what they don't

Male animals will kill the offspring of rival groups, which you could call a micro-genocide, the genocidal streak is a primitive urge and we invent all sorts of insane "reasons" (religions being the main one) to justify them. The thing religions do best is to make non-believers think that theyre incredibly profound and subtle ways of seeing the world, when in actual fact theyre rooted in very crude and basic desires.

anyway, im not having this arguement, i need to spare whats left of my sanity.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 01:24 PM   #30
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Male animals will kill the offspring of rival groups, which you could call a micro-genocide, the genocidal streak is a primitive urge and we invent all sorts of insane "reasons" (religions being the main one) to justify them. The thing religions do best is to make non-believers think that theyre incredibly profound and subtle ways of seeing the world, when in actual fact theyre rooted in very crude and basic desires.

anyway, im not having this arguement, i need to spare whats left of my sanity.
yeah, i should have said "usually".

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 01:37 PM   #31
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
It would be nice if people could come to terms with their primitive nature, understand it, embrace it, express it. I guess thats why I find Art more satisfying than dogma.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 01:46 PM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i read that thing (thanks for the link, appalling shit) and what jumped at me was that people confuse ethics with religion. you could easily replace "god" in that sign and have something equally wholesome "universal values", e.g.:

"let us each day have the desire to do our best..let us be good sports... " etc etc. with "let us" denoting intent ("let's") not permission (allow us).

one of the frequent cons perpetrated by religion is that without god(s) we'd be devoid of morality. morality is a function of the human brain just like language or mathematics. yes, it varies from culture to culture, but i think that religion reflects morality more often than it shapes it

so when people foam at the mouth about what this girl is doing in the name of religious freedom, they think that she's asking for rape and mayhem and carnage. eh, most people aren't very rational.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 02:19 PM   #33
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
yeah, i don't agree with that. first of all animals do not do shitty things to each other usually. animals take what they need and leave what they don't. animals kill for the mutual survival of each other. animals do not commit genocide.

and there are also plenty of human cultures that were based of more egalitarian ideals that were based on respecting their surroundings for example many indigenous cultures of the americas (Turtle Island). this shittiness is definitely a problem of "civilized" people and i do not think can be attributed to a genetic human trait.
i think that things get dangerous when there is a group formation
groups who then have dominant position and then have guns
and so war begins

no groups = no war

they did these psychological test on people and split a group of people into 2 groups a and b, also gave then different colors of tshirts bluee and red

these things are between the ears
if you think that you belong to the group a or to the group b
then you are the one that makes that thought and follows that

if everyone has a same colord tshirt then no one is thinking in terms of group a or group b

the humans made up all these fictionary things
Old 02.02.2012, 02:41 PM   #34
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

one of the frequent cons perpetrated by religion is that without god(s) we'd be devoid of morality. morality is a function of the human brain just like language or mathematics. yes, it varies from culture to culture, but i think that religion reflects morality more often than it shapes it

l.

ahem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

By the way, y'all again are right, people can exist just fine without religion. The Dali Lhama just put forth a great analogy philosophically speaking. He said that in life, religion is like tea, and the water that is the base is compassion. Like tea, religion and faith is spiced with healing, consoling, strengthening additives collected from across the world, and the water is compassion, empathy, morality, politeness which religion is based and built upon. Just as man can live without tea, but must drink water, so to can we live without God, but surely we can't live without compassion and empathy and politeness, something which even atheistic evolutionary theory strongly suggests.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 02:49 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
ahem

thanks for quoting me that cuz this thread is TLDR & too much vitriol so i didn't read it. but yeah. thanks.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 02:51 PM   #36
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I love my religion!

How else could I cast magick spells*?*???

Other than sex, I mean.

Religion! Fuck yeah!!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2012, 03:19 PM   #37
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I praise the ever intelligent many headed slime mold
Old 02.02.2012, 03:19 PM   #38
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

It kind of feels like sex! fuck yea!
Old 02.03.2012, 11:50 PM   #39
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Returned from the dead just to say this:

I don't believe in organized religion, but I'd hate to live in a world without faith.
Old 02.06.2012, 02:06 PM   #40
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Returned from the dead just to say this:

I don't believe in organized religion, but I'd hate to live in a world without faith.
I'd like to see a world where people don't fill in the unknowns with the unnecessary.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth