Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2016, 02:12 PM   #48021
selkcip
bad moon rising

selkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's asses
it actually is dope.. at least that's the best-feeling adjective for it (to my ears/brain)
selkcip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2016, 03:12 PM   #48022
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Justin Bieber
Future
Desiigner
Machine Gun Kelly
Riff Raff

and the next step for me is a fat bubble booty white gurl with dyed grey/ a tad shade of purple hair girlfriend with a sleeve wit me rockin the 2013 bieber high top and i'll be set only if I devote my life to smoking kush and not beer. that's what my youtube page told me. maybe get a great tan too and drop those ugly outdated wrap around shades and go all save by the bell.

my identity crisis has grown out of proportion. help!
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2016, 03:48 PM   #48023
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
the only thing that really stands out on The Downward Spiral is that guitar solo in "Ruiner" and the song "Hurt". if it wasn't for the guitars, this album would sound really dated 90's techno sounds besides those moment when Trent sounds like Sebadoh Lou. "March of the Pigs" is tight. like a glossed over Big Black.

im not fan of NIN's, but that solo on Ruiner. damn!
Old 07.09.2016, 05:48 PM   #48024
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
the only thing that really stands out on The Downward Spiral is that guitar solo in "Ruiner" and the song "Hurt". if it wasn't for the guitars, this album would sound really dated 90's techno sounds besides those moment when Trent sounds like Sebadoh Lou. "March of the Pigs" is tight. like a glossed over Big Black.

im not fan of NIN's, but that solo on Ruiner. damn!

That's Adrian Belew on "Ruiner" (among other NIN songs, but that's his best performance), and yes, "Ruiner" is amazing, and that solo was directly responsible for that being my favorite NIN song ever.

Also, yes, the little sing-song piano tidbit on "March of the Pigs" is great. It makes the song, in fact. And of course "Hurt" is just a good song.

Downwars Spiral is a record I've aged with, like In Utero and Ok Computer. I didn't realize until my twenties that "Piggy" contained some of the most insanely awesome (if program enhanced) straight-up Jazz drumming of the '90s. That outro makes that song for me.

Other highlights from my perspective include "Reptile" and "The Downward Spiral" and the bizarro almost Yo La Tengo-esque "A Warm Place." It really is a record that's made great by its strangest moments. If it weren't for those little eccentric additions here and there, it would sound like Prodigy or some shit. Luckily it doesn't!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2016, 07:01 PM   #48025
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
it actually is dope.. at least that's the best-feeling adjective for it (to my ears/brain)

White people can't use that word without sounding mookish. Not that I know or care whether you guys are white, though.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2016, 07:14 PM   #48026
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Geneviève wears Dior. Margaret wears Trésor. Mary Jo wears Lauren, but you don’t wear no perfume. Deborah wears Clinique. Marianne wears Mystique. Judith wears Shalimar, but you don’t wear no perfume. That’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you.

Anna wears CK1. Jeanie wears Opium. Trisha wears No. 5, but you don’t wear no perfume. Susan wears St. Laurent. Janie wears L’Air du Temps. Kristin wears Davidoff, but you don’t wear no perfume. That’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you.

"The olfactory sense is the sense that most strongly evokes memories of the past". Well... SCREW THE PAST.

That’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you.

Geneviève wears Hermès. Annabelle wears Arpège. Betty Lee wears Guérlain, but you don’t wear no perfume. Katie wears Giorgio. Lily wears Moschino. Jenna wears Kenneth Cole, but you don’t wear no perfurme. That’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you.

Carol wears Cacharel. Lana wears Tommy Girl. Cynthia wears J’Adore, but you don’t wear no perfume. Jennifer wears Céline. Laura wears Armani. Deborah wears Polo Sport, but you don’t wear no perfume. Gina wears Vera Wang. Sheila wears Helmut Lang. Dinah wears Oxygène, but you don’t wear no perfume. Jody wears Gaultier. Peggy wears Jean Patou. Stella wears Lagerfeld, but you don’t wear no perfume.

That’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why I want to spend my life with you, that’s why, that’s why, that’s why, that’s why, that’s why, that’s why, that’s why, that’s why.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 07.13.2016, 08:09 AM   #48027
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
house cleaning day, yeah!

now this:

A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2016, 09:14 AM   #48028
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Currently listening to a GREAT Miles live from 72, Boston

to be found here (and still available)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=554625

fantastic stuff
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2016, 12:33 PM   #48029
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
Justin Bieber
Future
Desiigner
Machine Gun Kelly
Riff Raff

and the next step for me is a fat bubble booty white gurl with dyed grey/ a tad shade of purple hair girlfriend with a sleeve wit me rockin the 2013 bieber high top and i'll be set only if I devote my life to smoking kush and not beer. that's what my youtube page told me. maybe get a great tan too and drop those ugly outdated wrap around shades and go all save by the bell.

my identity crisis has grown out of proportion. help!

Who the fuck is this Machine Gun Kelly buttplug? I have a Facebook friend who's CONSTANTLY posting crap about his tattooed, white ass, going to shows and following the cunt around like a fucking prophet. Looks like he must be some kind of terrible rapper or possibly terrible EDM d-bag.
Old 07.17.2016, 11:07 AM   #48030
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Someone got a new turntable this week : )

Nice!

I've always hated that repulsive cover though. Seriously. Lose the full color blonde and it would work, but really, from a design perspective... yuck. Looks like something Rob Zombie would have thrown together, like, when he was in, like, junior high.

Gotta love Nurse With Wound though, and it's an alright record by NWW standards, but Jesus that's an ugly album cover (though the pearl-white vinyl is beautiful)

Just listened to the first half of Homotopy to Marie last night actually.
Old 07.17.2016, 11:21 AM   #48031
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
White people can't use that word without sounding mookish. Not that I know or care whether you guys are white, though.

Understood. But I don't care if I sound mookish either. Sometimes that's the most appropriate word for a certain, special kind of awesome. Being a scrawny white middle class bespectacled aging hipster, I find that people usually get a kick out of it when I use words like that, so it's a almost a way to make a deliberate ass out of myself. To accentuate my nerdiness.

And again, sometimes it's just the only word that will do. Put on "Windowlicker" and in front of me and I'll probably throw that word out there. Put on some super groovy hip-hop like "1train" by Rocky, and you'll hear a whole slew of more mookish and embarrassing things from me.

It's just how I roll.
Old 07.18.2016, 05:37 AM   #48032
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
have 4 weeks off!
yeah! time for muzak!

A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2016, 02:01 PM   #48033
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2016, 10:52 PM   #48034
a baby in 1980
bad moon rising

a baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's asses
Sofa Surfers - Transit
a baby in 1980 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2016, 11:53 PM   #48035
a baby in 1980
bad moon rising

a baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's assesa baby in 1980 kicks all y'all's asses
Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debby
Old 07.24.2016, 09:11 PM   #48036
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by a baby in 1980
Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debby

A phenomenal album. Anyone who still thinks these are simply leftovers from Sunday At The Village Vanguard needs to put down the crackpipe real fuckin' quick.

I actually heard "Milestones" here first! By the way, after over half a century (!) there still appears to be a confusion about what came first: Evans' take on Bernstein's "Some Other Time", his intro to Kind Of Blue's "Flamenco Sketches", or his own "Peace Piece". But the original liner notes seem pretty clear to me:

Quote:
The altered harmonic patterns with which Bill and Scott begin Leonard Bernstein's "Some Other Time" will be instantly familiar to many Evans followers. He first planned to record this tune in 1958, for the Everybody Digs Bill Evans album, which contains another Bernstein song from On The Town, "Lucky To Be Me". But at that time he became so involved with one figure he created for it that he expanded that into a free improvisation —"Peace Piece"— which has become perhaps his best known work. Here, three years later, is the germ of that idea, and there is, I think, a general similarity in improvisational approach, although it should be noted that "Peace Piece" was not an "original" based on the Bernstein chords.

Old 07.26.2016, 05:28 AM   #48037
a baby in 1980
bad moon rising

Yo La Tengo - Stuff Like That There
Old 07.26.2016, 03:23 PM   #48038
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Nice!

I've always hated that repulsive cover though. Seriously. Lose the full color blonde and it would work, but really, from a design perspective... yuck. Looks like something Rob Zombie would have thrown together, like, when he was in, like, junior high.

Gotta love Nurse With Wound though, and it's an alright record by NWW standards, but Jesus that's an ugly album cover (though the pearl-white vinyl is beautiful)

Just listened to the first half of Homotopy to Marie last night actually.

To be honest, I've never given the cover a second thought......it's actually in line with the artwork for the album, Huffin' Rag Blues.

Homotopy To Marie is one Wound that I don't have a proper copy of, just a cassette someone made for me. However, I do have the one by Current 93.

Have you heard the newest NWW release, 'Dark Fat?' It's my understanding the entire thing is a "cut up" job from recordings made of sound checks and rehearsals over the past eight years. The live drumming adds such deminsion to the sound that's not heard on many Wound releases. Highly recommended!!!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2016, 05:54 PM   #48039
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
To be honest, I've never given the cover a second thought......it's actually in line with the artwork for the album, Huffin' Rag Blues.

Himotopy To Marie is one Wound that I don't have a proper copy of, just a cassette someone made for me. However, I do have the one by Current 93.

Have you heard the newest NWW release, 'Dark Fat?' It's my understanding the entire thing is a "cut up" job from recordings made of sound checks and rehearsals over the past eight years. The live drumming adds such deminsion to the sound that's not heard on many Wiund releases. Highly recommended!!!

No, I haven't heard it. Sounds good though. Thanks for the rec.

I don't actually have a physical copy of Homotopy to Marie either. Used to, but lost it years ago. I actually only have it on iTunes at this point.
Old 07.27.2016, 07:32 PM   #48040
pepper_green
Banned

the Kinks
1902230223522392239924002401 2402 240324042405241224522502 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth