Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page First live band...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2006, 07:12 PM   #21
Mackle
little trouble girl

Mackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to all
New Order with Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mackle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 07:20 PM   #22
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
The very first live performance I ever went to was in Hawii. I went to a club to see a band called "Indestructible Grey". They were a Nine Inch Nails/Skinny Puppy influnced kind of band. First show I went to beyond that small gig was Rancid during thier "Life Won't Wait" tour. U.S. Bombs were the first band to play. I didn't have that great a time at the concert to be honest. I've been to much better since then.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 07:22 PM   #23
Mackle
little trouble girl

Mackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
The very first live performance I ever went to was in Hawii. I went to a club to see a band called "Indestructible Grey". They were a Nine Inch Nails/Skinny Puppy influnced kind of band. First show I went to beyond that small gig was Rancid during thier "Life Won't Wait" tour. U.S. Bombs were the first band to play. I didn't have that great a time at the concert to be honest. I've been to much better since then.

Not a big Rancid fan but I saw them a few years ago and it was great. Total dancing fun! Met Tim Armstrong after. What a dick
Mackle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 07:34 PM   #24
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
how much Kansas can one take?

well, i lived there for 16 years.
Old 06.14.2006, 07:40 PM   #25
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Tragically Hip......if you mean first rock concert
LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 07:52 PM   #26
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
my first real concert was Iron Maiden with Motorhead opening. It was fucking sick.
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 08:51 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
the first live music I ever saw was a Sleater Kinney gig at the Roxy in LA for the release of the Hot Rock. Since that record was such a dramatic shift in direction, and it being my first show ever, it turned out to be a fantastic night of good music. I was 15 and my pops took me over there, which made him feel the most uncomfortable since the only dudes in their 40s at SK shows tend to be gay. As well, this was mid bubble for SK's scene, and so the crowd was essentially full of lipstick lesbian college girls (the last sk show i went to in 05 had the most ecclectic mix of people in an audiance i had seen outside of the hollywood bowl) My second live show was This Aint No Picnic when Sonic Youth got jacked for that truck full of equipment. moral of that story, just because your a band doesn't mean its a good idea to carry around most of the equipment you own, unless all you own is enough to gig with.

this was from the Roxy gig.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:12 AM   #28
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
Turbonegro
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:18 AM   #29
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I remember seeing bands before this, but my first show that I really wanted to see, and went by myself to, was a Silverchair concert. It was '97 I recall.
Norma J is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:20 AM   #30
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
The first live band I ever saw was probably my uncle's band when I was tiny. I remember them playing on a trailer at a farm in South Dakota.

The first real concert I went to was the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam opening in November 1991. No one gave a shit about SP and PJ at that point. Everyone was going to the bathroom and grabbing beers during Pearl Jam's set. I thought they were a local band.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:27 AM   #31
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
The Gathering in Prague in like 1999 or so

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:56 AM   #32
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
jeff healy

finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:58 AM   #33
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Altered Images, some time about 1982, I think.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 03:52 AM   #34
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
well, now you've got me intrigued.
Old 06.15.2006, 04:50 AM   #35
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Altered Images, some time about 1982, I think.

Happy Birthday!
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 11:08 AM   #36
sonic pharmacist
empty page

sonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud ofsonic pharmacist has much to be proud of
My first concert was David Gilmour in the mid 80's...was actually quite good. First arena concert was Rush a couple of years later (Faith No More opened). Rush was great, FNM was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
The first real concert I went to was the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam opening in November 1991. No one gave a shit about SP and PJ at that point. Everyone was going to the bathroom and grabbing beers during Pearl Jam's set. I thought they were a local band.

That same lineup came through San Diego, and I passed on going (didn't like the Chilis, not familiar w/ SP at that point). What a fool I was.
sonic pharmacist is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:08 PM   #37
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
the first live music I ever saw was a Sleater Kinney gig at the Roxy in LA for the release of the Hot Rock. Since that record was such a dramatic shift in direction, and it being my first show ever, it turned out to be a fantastic night of good music. I was 15 and my pops took me over there, which made him feel the most uncomfortable since the only dudes in their 40s at SK shows tend to be gay. As well, this was mid bubble for SK's scene, and so the crowd was essentially full of lipstick lesbian college girls (the last sk show i went to in 05 had the most ecclectic mix of people in an audiance i had seen outside of the hollywood bowl) My second live show was This Aint No Picnic when Sonic Youth got jacked for that truck full of equipment. moral of that story, just because your a band doesn't mean its a good idea to carry around most of the equipment you own, unless all you own is enough to gig with.

this was from the Roxy gig.

Some pictures I took at the SK concert I went to (these are only of Carrie, because I was closest to her and the pictures of the whole band didn't turn out):

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:29 PM   #38
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
This is sad, but my first concert was .... Green Day. Yeah, I'll admit it. But I was pretty young at the time (I think I was around 13) so I was still into shitty music.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 01:07 PM   #39
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
uuuhhhh...I kinda forget. Trying to remember...

I think it was Against Me!.
Old 06.15.2006, 02:12 PM   #40
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
I just go with telling people my first show was Elton John, when I was like 12, with my mom. That was actually my second show, but I can't say the first band I ever saw for fear of being completely banned from this forum forever.
Tell us! We'll still love you.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth