Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Better Call Saul
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.17.2015, 01:33 AM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
sorry, bad copypaste!

http://amctv.com/full-episodes/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2015, 10:45 AM   #22
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
^^^thanks, i passed it along!

My daughter and wife left for school and work at 8:00 this morning. I took a hot shower, fixed a bowl of oatmeal w/ bananas, walnuts and honey and piled up in the lazyboy to watch episode three of, Better Call Saul.

The series is starting to give some insight and it was nice to finally see "Mike" outside the parking lot booth.

......do believe this will be my new Tuesday morning routine!

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2015, 07:14 PM   #23
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
didn't enjoy the first two episodes but last nights was/is hopefully the start of a long love affair. not expecting it to be BB level. seeing Tuco as a non-methed out Tuco was just weird and felt like some cop-out.

kinda fun to see an early Jimmy/Saul fumble around like an early Walt/Heisenberg. not quite clever like he is as Saul in BB and only is when he's being pushed to the limit and cornered.

ep.3 was funny with anticipation. kudos to Odenkirk!!!!
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2015, 09:49 AM   #24
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Can't remember if it was Season 1 or 2, but Walt and Jesse have Saul on his knees out in the desert and they are attempting to "scare information" out of him. Walt starts coughing and Saul quickly realizes who he is dealing with and starts his famous negotiating.

I always thought Saul was a little too cool under that sort of pressure, but as we've learned so early in, Better Call Saul, his time with Walt and Jesse wasn't Saul's first trip to the desert.

All apologies for stating the obvious, but Tuco having Saul on his knees in the desert doesn't hold the same intensity since we all know Saul continues to live......

I loved the fact that we get a peek at Mike's past and that he in his own way is just as hardcore about NOT helping the cops......like Tuco's Grandfather in BB.

אש זרה

Old 02.18.2015, 09:41 PM   #25
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
"nacho is nacho man". cheap laugh but this is a Saulisms that we're working with and it worked. perfectly executed.

did those two skateboarders get on any one else's nerves? fuck!!!!! redheaded twin bastards!!!
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2015, 11:14 AM   #26
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Just watched the fourth episode, 'Bingo' (I would have called it, 'Glow Stick')

Wow - really saw the "tenderhearted" side of, Saul.

Really cool song in this episode: "Tune Down" by Chris Jones from the album, 'Sticks' (released in 09, good luck finding it online)

ONLY three episodes remain in Season One.

אש זרה

Old 03.17.2015, 01:04 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
great ep yesterday. Realy like how they did not rush into a big epiphany where Jimmy becomes "Saul" right away.
Old 04.01.2015, 12:26 PM   #28
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
For me, the success of Breaking Bad was how the show portrayed the transformation of the characters.

After last night's episode, I have full confidence this series is going to be just as strong in the long run. Like said in the quote above, it's not just the transformations themselves that are so strong, but how they are portrayed to us, the viewer. This creative team has it figured out, and are proving to be truly excellent at what they do. In fact, I am not going to be surprised if this show ends up showing a lot more "depth" than BB when it comes to analyzing the human character.

(Possible mild spoiler here) Like last night for example. A certain character that I have sort of been despising and dismissing as an annoying prick this whole time almost became a new favorite last night based on the amount of "loyalty" they display, we just have not been totally clued in. Sorry if that does not make sense, since I am trying to be vague to avoid true spoilers. But if you know what I mean, then it should help emphasize the point.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2015, 01:16 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The finale is next week. Love how the drama yesetreday was not in us (the audience) finding out the details of why Saul/Jimmy was cut out of the deal, but in how Saul/Jimmy dealt with it once he inevitably found out.

It is all true though. No "real" attorney would tolerate a con-artist turned lawyer. the clients would not be well served.
Old 04.01.2015, 01:18 PM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I agree on your point Peterpuff. I too enjoyed how that character you mention is shown to be more of a staunch supporter than just a prick with an ego, even though the support was NOT for Jimmy/Saul.
Old 04.02.2015, 03:48 PM   #31
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I agree on your point Peterpuff. I too enjoyed how that character you mention is shown to be more of a staunch supporter than just a prick with an ego, even though the support was NOT for Jimmy/Saul.

Haha. Just took a quick glance at the reddit and it seems this is a pretty common view held now, by everyone. I am almost feeling bandwagony and so easily manipulated! At the same time though, I am not totally onboard with the sudden complete hatred of the other char, as if they are so in the wrong. I agree more with what you are saying, and you have to still view them empathetically. I genuinely do feel their decisions are all being motivated the best interest of clients. It was just presented to us so dramatically in, like you said, the post-event realization moments.

Simply put, overall I am expecting great things from this show on the level of BB, and really looking forward to seeing how it's all delivered.
Old 05.07.2015, 06:19 AM   #32
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
had watched a couple of episodes when it first aired, stopped and binge-watched it till last night.

awesome awesome awesome

social messages, the fight between good/wrong, temptation and strength, reality of eldery, dark but with extra hilarious moments, first things that come to mind. women again lacking but it didnt bother me whatsoever.

best thing on telly these past couple of months.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2020, 03:32 PM   #33
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Better Call Saul Season 5 Trailer

Better Call Saul Season 5 First Look

Better Call Saul returns to AMC this Sunday, February 23rd. As per usual, the beginning should start in black and white giving us more details about Saul Goodman’s new alias —Gene— and life post Breaking Bad. Most importantly, hopefully clues to post —El Camino— and a possible continuation of the franchise.

The Season 5 trailer gives us our introduction to, Hank Schrader.

For those who Netflix, you can now view all four seasons of Better Call Saul.

Anyone plan on watching?

אש זרה

Old 02.17.2020, 05:42 PM   #34
Peterpuff
stalker

I finally cut the cord and got rid of cable after World Cup. This will be my first season not to watch week to week. Gonna be rough...

On a mildly related side note, did anyone see the Youtube clip of Aaron Paul's new Idaho cabin? Absolutely one of the coolest homes I have ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-qQneOnJl0
Old 02.21.2020, 06:52 PM   #35
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

If you have a smart tv, tablet or heck......even your phone, Sling TV’s Orange —OR— Blue Package of service has AMC and thirty other channels for just $20 per month. For two years now we’ve used Sling instead of cable/direct tv and it’s wonderful!

Best part, there is NO contract so you could cancel soon as Season Five is over (April 20, 2020)......so you could watch week to week for under $50. The only kicker, you need a decent wifi.

That house is freaking amazing!!!

Lot’s of people can make / have money, but not so many know how to spend it! According to the internet, Aaron Paul’s net worth is $16 million......there are sport stars and entertainers who are worth 5X’s that much who will never have anything as awe inspiring. Shipping in the wood from Amish barns and using a crane to set the stone of the fireplace. If Aaron and his wife chose everything, they are extremely talented. If they hired someone to help and advise, they hired the right person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I finally cut the cord and got rid of cable after World Cup. This will be my first season not to watch week to week. Gonna be rough...

On a mildly related side note, did anyone see the Youtube clip of Aaron Paul's new Idaho cabin? Absolutely one of the coolest homes I have ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-qQneOnJl0

אש זרה

Old 02.21.2020, 09:26 PM   #36
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I AM SO READY.

I actually thought it was premiering last week, and set aside time to watch. Was very sad indeed.

Thinking about binging past seasons a bit to catch up, because it’s such a slow-burn (but so good, like goddamn)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2020, 09:38 PM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
watching week to week is shit. i tried that with vikings. oooooof!

old model needs to die
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth