7.John Zorn 'Six Litanies For Heliogabalus'
8.Om 'Pilgrimage'
9.Jesu 'Conqueror'
10.Sleepytime Gorilla Museum 'In Glorious Times'
11.The Locust 'New Erections'
12.Angels Of Light 'We Are Him'
13.High On Fire 'Death Is This Communion'
14.Unsane 'Visqueen'
15.Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso UFO 'Crystal Rainbow Pyramid Under The Stars'
16.KTL '2'
17.Pig Destroyer 'Phantom Limb'
18.Fog 'Ditherer'
19.Qui 'Love's Miracle'
20.Pelican 'City Of Echoes'
21.Orthodox 'Amanecer En Puerta Oscura
22.Thurston Moore 'Trees Outside The Academy'
23.Sunburned Hand Of The Man 'Fire Escape'
24.Shining 'Grindstone'
25.Magik Markers 'Boss'
26.Battles 'Mirrored'
27.Caina 'Mourner'
28.Merzbow 'Coma Berenices'
29.Pissed Jeans 'Hope For Men'
30.Liars 'Liars'

www.rock-a-rolla.com
Steven100 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2007, 02:39 PM   #2
Massassinated
bad moon rising

Massassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's asses
I completely agree with the #1.
Old 12.15.2007, 02:56 PM   #3
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
The only one I have is number 15.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2007, 03:31 PM   #4
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't own a single album on that list. I've heard some of them though, which makes me think that the people at Rock-A-Rolla have rather narrow tastes.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2007, 05:14 PM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
best list ive seen so far actually, but missing animal collective, grinderman, shellac, melt bannana, radiohead, and maybe arcade fire(im sick of seeing it but its pretty good)
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2007, 05:18 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
id replace locust (yuck), pelican (huge let down from an amazing band), fog, liars (not bad, but a letdown compared to drums not dead which was amazing imo), dalek (cool, def not in top 30 tho), and sleepytime gorilla mesueum (on grounds i havnt heard them before) or high on fire (for the same reasons as pelican)
Old 12.15.2007, 05:19 PM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

actually, keep liars and get rid of tomahawk
Old 12.15.2007, 05:19 PM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

deerhoof and deerhunter shud be on there too, especially considering the year deerhunter had
Old 12.15.2007, 07:44 PM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, totally, the best list I've seen from a magazine of this type; i agree with a lot of the picks, but you can go look at my list... not sure why awful shit like Liars/Locust/Magik Markers are on there, but great bands like Sleepy Time Gorilla Museum are representing -- great. Also, no Battles or Animal Collective worship, thank fucking god. The only reason Animal Collective and Battles are regarded so highly is because they manage to be liked by people into kinda mainstream music and not-so-mainstream music; the fact that lots of people like the album DOESN'T make it the best album of the year.

PS: Demonrail, you have narrow tastes. I've heard 27 of those albums.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2007, 08:11 PM   #10
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
PS: Demonrail, you have narrow tastes.

Hey, I don't have narrow tastes. You'd be amazed how much variety there is from the first Ramones LP to the last.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2007, 08:30 PM   #11
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
is the new neurosis any good. i like their older stuff but i'm not a big fan of their new material.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2007, 08:44 PM   #12
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, totally, the best list I've seen from a magazine of this type; i agree with a lot of the picks, but you can go look at my list... not sure why awful shit like Liars/Locust/Magik Markers are on there, but great bands like Sleepy Time Gorilla Museum are representing -- great. Also, no Battles or Animal Collective worship, thank fucking god. The only reason Animal Collective and Battles are regarded so highly is because they manage to be liked by people into kinda mainstream music and not-so-mainstream music; the fact that lots of people like the album DOESN'T make it the best album of the year.

ive always hated the locust, and the new liars is a bummer indeed cuz i loved the last two, i know how much you hate magik markers but i quite like boss, they went from a real lousy noise band to a pretty good avant garde rock n roll things, i like the vocals too
Old 12.15.2007, 09:08 PM   #13
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:

plus you cant really take away the fact that the animal collective is fantastic regardless of how many people like them. ive heard very few bands that have so much going on musically but are still so easy to listen too, i thinks thats an amzing quality. i havnt jumoed on the battles bandwagon yet tho, i think theres a lot of other new bands that have come out this year that are way better than them.
Old 12.16.2007, 06:13 AM   #14
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
neurosis are awful and tomahawk album bored me after 3 listens. 2nd half of that chart is better than the top half. and mirrored is an incredible record!
Old 12.16.2007, 12:28 PM   #15
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
neurosis are awful and tomahawk album bored me after 3 listens. 2nd half of that chart is better than the top half. and mirrored is an incredible record!

neurosis is one of the most consistently creative bands in extreme music. theyv been around for over 15 years and are still a relevant and amazing current band. not many other bands like that, except for sonic youth.
Old 12.16.2007, 05:08 PM   #16
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I love Animal Collective, I just think there are about 500 bands that are better than don't get any attention at all.

And Neurosis are amazing. One of the most consistently amazing bands ever, all their albums are worth checking out... inventive, powerful, epic, overwhelmingly great. Probably one of the best bands of all time.

Old 12.16.2007, 08:28 PM   #17
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i think neurosis was amazing from the late eighties up until the early 2000's. i'm not a huge fan of their newer releases (even though i haven't heard their new album), but the records are still worth checking out.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2007, 11:16 PM   #18
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Hey, I don't have narrow tastes. You'd be amazed how much variety there is from the first Ramones LP to the last.

hahahaha, classy answer.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2007, 11:19 PM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
yeah i think neurosis was amazing from the late eighties up until the early 2000's. i'm not a huge fan of their newer releases (even though i haven't heard their new album), but the records are still worth checking out.

if you like enemy of the sun, times of grace and though silver in blood, you'll love the new one.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2007, 11:22 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

man yeah you should check out the new neurosis if you get a chance.. it's better than eye of every storm..

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth