Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.05.2008, 03:37 PM   #21
al shabbray

and hes the singer of a band called "we are sounding like shit"
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 03:58 PM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Way to act 14. Oh, wait. Are you 14?

says the moron who said my face was overrated because i insulted his favorite mtv show that wasn't a reality show.

go start your 600th thread about how to stack your sonic youth cds, twat.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 04:44 PM   #23
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXnP24rqQ7Q
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 07:27 PM   #24
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the thing i like about the internet is that it makes even the most obscure music being made today accessable to anyone who is prepared to put in the time to look for it, and people can find music this way from the comfort of their own home no less, but it confounds me that even with such levels of ease and convinience at their finger tips other people are content to remain ignorant & reminisce about some 2 hour long tv show they watched 15 years ago of which maybe 5 minutes were actually any good.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 08:03 PM   #25
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
the thing i like about the internet is that it makes even the most obscure music being made today accessable to anyone who is prepared to put in the time to look for it, and people can find music this way from the comfort of their own home no less, but it confounds me that even with such levels of ease and convinience at their finger tips other people are content to remain ignorant & reminisce about some 2 hour long tv show they watched 15 years ago of which maybe 5 minutes were actually any good.

i think it's a nostalgia factor if anything else, like this one clips when they interviewed Ben Lee then of Noise Addict shopping for albums and holding up a Skullflower album on MTV, or that clip of Thurston when he hosted 120 minutes and he highlights Hanatarash and their mere existence, it's taken for granted now with the access of the internet but to have someone say they even exist back then was kinda amazing, makes you wonder who ever gave MTV that much leeway at all nd make look like it was a network that actually had taste (which not relly but had taste in those who HAD taste)
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 08:20 PM   #26
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Looking back in 2008 then 120 Minutes definitely seems overrated, but back in the days before internet it was one of the few platforms showing underground music, even if it was only 5-10 minutes out of 2 hours. I watched it in my early teens and used to enjoy it a lot, but the more "alternative" moved to mainstream, the more 120 Minutes did as well and at the end they were only showing stuff like Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stone Temple Pilots and other millionaires of alternative rock.

But yeah, Masonna was on 120 Minutes.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 04:55 AM   #27
leakyheadboy
bad moon rising

leakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's assesleakyheadboy kicks all y'all's asses
Daniel Johnston was on mtv in 1985...... that must say something about how the thing has changed

leakyheadboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 07:44 AM   #28
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
why do people even talk about mtv seeing as 99% of the music they play has nothing to with anything anyone likes?

nostalgia can go and fuck itself.
Old 09.06.2008, 08:16 AM   #29
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I know I'll get blasted for this for one reason or another but what the hell...

Making music so widely accessible is almost a turn-off for me. There's no mystique, no feeling of discovery, no specialness. When the neighbor flying his rebel flag next door can learn about and download the same music I can, what makes my pursuit unique? Back in the day when you had to rely on 120 minutes and underground music rags to keep informed, you "discovered" bands, you fell in love with an album nobody else had heard of, and you went on a campaign to enlighten your friends.

It's too easy these days. Sorry.
Old 09.06.2008, 08:18 AM   #30
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

any idiot can watch mtv, what makes you so special for watching 120 mins?
Old 09.06.2008, 08:51 AM   #31
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

i'm not bitching, i'm trying to stop people from being stupid, and failing
Old 09.06.2008, 10:45 AM   #32
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
the lst time i saw 120 minutes it had a cool animal collective vid on it, 3 bands that tried to sound like interpol. 3 terrible ambient acts. 4 clones of razorshite. 17 thom yorkes. 76 alienated emo kids trying to be happy because thats whats in, a future of the left video, 4 djs trying to be rockin. 17 chemical brothers 34 real annoying mtv stings (you know the ones..buzzz, crackle, stupid sample of crap), 2 american college rawk bands, 5 metal bands because they are diverse, 8 real cute girls who cant sing but fuck it thats ok, just keep your mouth shut when appropiate missus! and 1 my bloody valentine video, but fuck them cuz they are shit and stuff...

it was a great programme and now its just plain awful!
Old 09.06.2008, 01:04 PM   #33
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
says the moron who said my face was overrated because i insulted his favorite mtv show that wasn't a reality show.

go start your 600th thread about how to stack your sonic youth cds, twat.

What's really hilarious to me is that I figured saying "your face is over rated" was an obvious joking around. You're the one who seems to take this whole MTV thing seriously. But whatever. Now I know not to joke around with you. Lesson learned.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 02:06 PM   #34
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
They had 120 minutes a few years ago, then they cut it in half and called it subterranean, then it disappeared completely. Towards the end, they would only play maybe a few good videos per episode, so I guess it didn't matter too much.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 02:09 PM   #35
al shabbray

^^^same story with a german independent format, which was really really undergroundish on a not-so-big music television channel. it was called fast forward, they cutted their airing time until they let it disappear completely, but it was funny cause the crew made jokes out of it the last shows and played the whole show upside down, or 10 minutes white noise with pictures of the pope or something
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 05:09 PM   #36
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
they had great shows like the State, Buzzkill, The Head, The Maxx, Beavis N Butthead, etc...

on david wain's facebook is a picture of the cast of the state in its heyday and i was sat for a minute wondering why this show never had a bigger audience. or why some of them have faded into obscurity.

just adding this.

thanks for the link! subterranean sometimes has good things, when they don't rerun the same videos over and over. i've found some bands through it. i just miss when they had a host and actually interviewed, instead of doing the talking head segments. jim shearer came off as just a big fan boy getting to talk to artists he admired and it was fun to watch.
Old 09.06.2008, 05:17 PM   #37
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
any idiot can watch mtv, what makes you so special for watching 120 mins?

Well, back in the day, it required 1) knowing about it; 2) the willingness to stay up to 1 in the morning when the next day was a work Monday and you're married with two little kids, to watch the whole damned thing.

I never said I wasn't an idiot or I wasn't stupid. I guess if watching 120 minutes once upon a time makes me stupid, call me stupid. At least I'm not an overbearing, close-minded asshole.
Old 09.06.2008, 05:31 PM   #38
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
What's really hilarious to me is that I figured saying "your face is over rated" was an obvious joking around.

Well if that was ironic you should know that irony doesn't necessarily come across well in written form (as irony is usually conveyed by the tone of voice)...
Old 09.06.2008, 05:49 PM   #39
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Let's all chill out and have sex.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 06:04 PM   #40
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Let's all chill out and have sex.

Like bonobos ?

I don't know why but the reputation system here makes me think about bonobos actually...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth