Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café IV
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.11.2015, 09:34 AM   #201
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
If kanye dislikes them why does he attend? Why troll the media? Why whine about beyonce?? I think its the opposite and he actually likes and/or believes in that nonsense

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2015, 10:05 AM   #202
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
If kanye dislikes them why does he attend? Why troll the media? Why whine about beyonce?? I think its the opposite and he actually likes and/or believes in that nonsense

I think you're vastly overthinking it. 'No publicity is bad publicity' People keep saying his name.
Old 02.11.2015, 10:07 AM   #203
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
also, I wouldn't worry about Beck. Remember when Kanye totally ruined Taylor Swift's moment in the sun? And it just destroyed her career. Poor thing never bounced back. /sarcasm.
Old 02.11.2015, 10:16 AM   #204
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
That is entirely my point! Its all just a narcissistic publicity stunt and its lame. How about use it as platform to have a real discussion about something real. But its like m-1 said, "all these fake ass record niggaz." Sorry y'all i like my hip hop to be ABOUT SOMETHING.

Old 02.11.2015, 11:12 AM   #205
noisereductions
invito al cielo

His music is about plenty. Him acting like a jackass doesnt change anything.

I never understand this view people seem to have that only really nice non assholes make good music. You dont have to like the artist to appreciate the art.

I never get the arguments of "i dont like his music cuz hes a dick" thats not logical.
Old 02.11.2015, 11:24 AM   #206
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
His music is about plenty. Him acting like a jackass doesnt change anything.

I never understand this view people seem to have that only really nice non assholes make good music. You dont have to like the artist to appreciate the art.

I never get the arguments of "i dont like his music cuz hes a dick" thats not logical.
plus no one of us really knows Kanye, just his public persona. i'm sure he's a good person to those who are close to him. not to mention he helped a lot of musicians build their music career, and launched a free music school for the youth in Chicago. but it's easier to just put him in a box, label him an "asshole" and get done with it, huh.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2015, 11:27 AM   #207
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
and i'm sure his intentions weren't even bad. dude is trying to make things better, he wants music awards to be given to those who deserve them. yes the way he acts about it is silly but to me he's the opposite of an asshole. he's someone who cares.
Old 02.11.2015, 11:33 AM   #208
noisereductions
invito al cielo

that's a good point too. Why do we expect any artist to not be passionate about the art?
Old 02.11.2015, 11:42 AM   #209
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
His music is about plenty.
I never noticed

Old 02.11.2015, 11:57 AM   #210
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
I never noticed

which was exactly my point.
Old 02.11.2015, 12:46 PM   #211
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

If you think its because i never actually listened to any of kanye music you're wrong. Believe it or not ive sat and listened to every record of his and found it mostly lacking or found the negative brought down the positive.

How about you kanye believers prove me wrong. Quote the lyrics with substance and meaning

Old 02.11.2015, 01:07 PM   #212
louder
invito al cielo

Kanye West Says He's Working With Taylor Swift, Taylor Told Him He Should Have Gotten on Stage With Beck at Grammys
"Obviously Beck is one of the most respected artists, and respects artistry."
Quote:
Kanye West appeared on this morning's broadcast of "On Air With Ryan Seacrest" to discuss a variety of topics such as his comments at the Grammys, his relationship with Taylor Swift, and the impending launch of his Adidas shoe line. You can listen to audio of the interview above.
In particular, he said he and Swift are planning to collaborate on music. "She wants to get in the studio and we’re definitely going to go in," he said. "Any artist with an amazing point of view, perspective, fan base, I’m down to get in the studio and work."

Kanye said that the "voices in his head" told him to go on stage at the Grammys, but that he refrained from grabbing the microphone because he didn't want to take away time from Beck's acceptance speech. "Beck is one of the nicest guys and one of the most respected musicians in the game," he said. "There’s nothing that I will want to do as a fellow musician to disrespect him in any way." He said he misworded his comments and added: "Obviously Beck is one of the most respected artists, and respects artistry."

He also said, "But Taylor Swift came up to me right afterwards, literally right afterwards, and tells me that I should have went on stage. This is the irony of my life."

He called himself a "chiropractor," and said he provides jolts of truths in these candid moments. "Everyone feels better after the fact, or everyone is way more famous after the fact, or everyone sells way more albums after the fact, and then Kanye just goes on being an asshole to everyone."

Additionally, he said the Yeezy 750 Boost, his shoe line with Adidas, will launch tomorrow.

http://pitchfork.com/news/58437-kany...ck-at-grammys/
Old 02.11.2015, 01:41 PM   #213
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=SuchFriendsAreDangerous]If you think its because i never actually listened to any of kanye music you're wrong. Believe it or not ive sat and listened to every record of his and found it mostly lacking or found the negative brought down the positive.

How about you kanye believers prove me wrong. Quote the lyrics with substance and meaning[/QUOTE]

Gorgeous-

Quote:
Ain't no question if I want it, I need it
I can feel it slowly drifting away from me
I'm on the edge, so why you playing? I'm saying
I will never ever let you live this down, down, down

Not for nothing I've forseen it, I dream it
I can feel it slowly dripping away from me
No more chances if you blow this, you bogus

[Kanye West - Verse 1]
Penitentiary chances, the devil dances
and eventually answers to the call of Autumn
all of them fallin' for the love of ballin'
got caught with 30 rocks, the cop look like Alec Baldwin
inter century anthems based off inner city tantrums
based off the way we was branded
face it, Jerome get more time than Brandon
and at the airport they check all through my bag and tell me that it's random
but we stay winning, this week has been a bad massage
I need a happy ending and a new beginning
and a new fitted and some job opportunities thats lucrative

This the real world, homie, school finished
they done stole your dreams, you dunno who did it
I treat the cash the way the government treats AIDS
I won't be satisfied til all my niggas get it, get it?

[Kid Cudi]

[Kanye West - Verse 2]
Is hip hop just a euphemism for a new religion
the soul music for the slaves that the youth is missing
this is more than just my road to redemption
Malcolm West had the whole nation standing at attention
as long as I'm in Polo's smilin they think they got me
but they would try to crack me if they ever see a black me

I thought I chose a field where they couldn't sack me
if a nigga aint shootin a jump shot running a track meet
but this pimp is, at the top of mount Olympus
ready for the World's game, this is my Olympics
we make 'em say ho cause the game is so pimpish
choke a southpark writer with a fishstick
I insisted to get up offa this dick
and these drugs, niggas cant resist it
remind me of when they tried to have Ali enlisted
if I ever one of the greatest nigga, I must have missed it!

[Kid Cudi]

[Kanye West - Verse 3]
I need more drinks and less lights
and that American Apparal girl in just tights
she told the director she tryna get in a school
he said "take them glasses off and get in the pool"
it's been a while since I watched the tube
cause like a crip said: "I got way too many blues for any more bad news"
I was looking at my resume feeling real fresh today
they rewrite history I don't believe in yesterday
and what's a black beetle anyway, a fucking roach
I guess thats why they got me sitting in fucking coach
but God said I need a different approach
cause people is looking at me like I'm sniffing coke
its not funny anymore try different jokes
tell 'em hug and kiss my ass, x and o
kiss the ring while they at it, do my thing while I'm got it
play strings for the dramatic
and end all of that wack shit
act like I aint had a belt in two classes
I aint got it I'm comin after whoever who has it
I'm coming after whoever who has it
you blowing up, that's good, fantastic
that y'all, its like that ya'll
I don't really give a fuck about it at all
cause the same people that tried to black ball me
forgot about 2 things, my black balls

[Kid Cudi - Chorus]

[Raekwon]
I know cops, hems is lifting lenses
kid, Armani suits, fresh fruits, Bally boots and Benzes
counting up, smoking, one cuff
live as a red Jag, a Louis bag, grabbing a blunt, fuck it
steam about a hundred and one L's
kites off the jails, buying sweats, running up in Stetson
nigga hat game was special
it matched every black pair of Nikes
throwing dice for decimals
the older head, bolder head, would train a soldier head
make sure he right in the field, not a soldier dead
got made code red
break up the black skunk
the black dutch, back of the old shed
if you can't live, you dying
you give or buy in
keep it real or keep it moving, keep grinding
keep shining, to every young man, this is a plan
learn from others like your brothers Rae and Kanye

[Kid Cudi]
Not for nothing I've forseen it, I dream it
I can feel it slowly dripping away from me
no more chances if you blow this, you bogus

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2015, 01:42 PM   #214
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Jesus Walks

Quote:
Intro]
We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism
But most of all we at war with ourselves

[Hook]
(Jesus walk)
God show me the way because the Devil tryna break me down
(Jesus walk with me)

[Verse 1]
You know what the Midwest is? Young and restless
Where restless (niggas) might snatch your necklace
And next these (niggas) might jack your Lexus
Somebody tell these (niggas) who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of the Chi where death is
Top floor the view alone will leave you breathless *gasps*
Try to catch it *gasps* it's kinda hard
Getting choked by detectives, yeah, yeah, now check the method
They be askin' us questions, harass and arrest us
Sayin' "We eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Huh? Y'all eat pieces of shit? What's the basis?
We ain't going nowhere but got suits and cases
A trunk full of coke, rental car from Avis
My mama used to say only Jesus can save us
Well mama I know I act a fool
But I'll be gone 'til November, I got packs to move
I hope

[Hook x2]
(Jesus walk)
God show me the way because the Devil's trying to break me down
(Jesus walk with me)
The only thing that I pray is that my feet don't fail me now
(Jesus walk)
And I don't think there's nothin' I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus walk with me)
I wanna talk to God but I'm afraid cause we ain't spoke in so long

[Verse 2]
To the hustlers, killers, murderers, drug dealers, even the scrippers
(Jesus walks for them)
To the victims of welfare for we livin' in Hell here, hell yeah
(Jesus walks for them)
Now, hear ye, hear ye, want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cause we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers is role models: we rap, we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just tryna say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis, that's the way I need Jesus
So here go my single dog, radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, videotape
But if I talk about God my record won't get played, huh?
Well if this take away from my spins
Which'll probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I'm dreamin' about
Next time I'm in the club, everybody screamin' out

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2015, 02:17 PM   #215
louder
invito al cielo

Family Business

Quote:
[Intro: Kanye West]
How's your son? (all the things)
He made the team this year? (all, all, all the things things)
Aight, they said he wasn't tall enough
(...all that glitters is not gold
And all gold is not reality
Real is what you lays on me)
Ma we here we gon' cook this Sunday ok?
That's a new girlfriend?

[Verse 1: Kanye West]
This is family business
And this is for the family that can't be with us
And this is for my cousin locked down, know the answer's in us
This why I spit it in my songs so sweet
Like a photo of your granny's picture
Now that you're gone it hit us
Super hard on Thankgiving and Christmas, this can't be right
Yeah you heard the track I did man, "This Can't Be Life"
Somebody please say grace so I can save face
And have a reason to cover my face
I even made you a plate, soul food, know how Granny do it
Monkey bread on the side, know how the family do it
When I brought it why the guard have to look all through it?
As kids we used to laugh
Who knew that life would move this fast?
Who knew I'd have to look at you through a glass?
And look, tell me you ain't did it then you ain't did it
And if you did, then that's family business

[Hook: Choir]
And I don't care 'bout (all the diamond rings)
They don't mean a thing (all, all, all the things)
All these fancy things
I tell you that all (all the glitter) my weight in gold
Now all I know I know all these things

[Verse 2: Kanye West]
This is family business
And this is for everybody standing with us
Come on, let's take a family Grammy picture
Abi, remember when they ain't believe in me?
Now she like "See, that's my cousin on TV!"
Now, we gettin' it and we gon' make it
And they gon' hate it and I'm his favorite
I can't deny it, I'm a straight rider
But when we get together be electric slidin'
Grandma, get 'em shook up
Aw naw, don't open the photo book up
I got an Aunt Ruth that can't remember your name
But I bet them Polaroids'll send her down memory lane
You know that one auntie, you don't mean to be rude
But every holiday nobody eating her food
And you don't wanna stay there cause them your worst cousins
Got roaches at their crib like them your first cousins
Act like you ain't took a bath with your cousins
Fit 3 in the bed while 6 of y'all
I'm talkin' 'bout three by the head and three by the leg
But you ain't have to tell my girl I used to pee in the bed

[Interlude: Choir]
Rain, rain, rain go away
Let the sun come out and all the children say
Rain, rain, rain go away
Let the sun come out and all the children say

[Verse 3: Kanye West]
I woke up early this morning with a new state of mind
A creative way to rhyme without using knives and guns
Keep your nose out the sky, keep your heart to God
And keep your face to the risin' sun
All my niggas from the Chi, that's my family, dog
And my niggas ain't my guys, they my family, dog
I feel like one day you'll understand me, dog
You can still love your man and be manly, dog
You ain't got to get heated at every house warmin'
Sittin' here, grillin' people like George Foreman
Why Uncle Ray and Aunt Shiela always performin'?
The second she storm out then he storm in
Y'all gon' sit down, have a good time this reunion
And drink some wine like Communion
And act like everything fine and if it isn't
We ain't letting everybody in our family business

[Outro]
CLK Mercedes Benz
A whole lotta money
Mommy and daddy will you please stop fighting?
Let's get Stevie outta jail
Old 02.11.2015, 02:54 PM   #216
louder
invito al cielo

Crack Music

Quote:
[Hook: Kanye West & Game]
That's that crack music nigga
That real black music nigga
(That's that crack music nigga)
(That real black music nigga)

[Verse 1: Kanye West]
How we stop the Black Panthers?
Ronald Reagan cooked up an answer
You hear that? What Gil Scott was hearing
When our heroes or heroines got hooked on heroin
Crack raised the murder rate in D.C. and Maryland
We invested in that, it's like we got Merrill lynched
And we been hangin' from the same tree ever since
Sometimes I feel the music is the only medicine
So we, cook it, cut it, measure it, bag it
Sell it, the fiends cop it, nowadays they can't tell if
That's that good shit, we ain't sure man
Put the CD on your tongue, yeah that's pure man

[Hook]

[Verse 2: Kanye West]
From the place where the father's gone, the mothers is hardly home
And the madigon's lock us up in the Audy Home
How the Mexicans say, we just tryin to party holmes
They wanna pack us all in a box like styrofoam
Who gave Saddam anthrax?
George Bush got the answers
Back in the hood it's a different type of chemical
Arm & Hammer baking soda raised they own quota
Right when our soldiers, ran for the stove cause
Cause, dreams of being Hova
Went from bein a broke man to bein a dopeman
To bein the President, look there's hope man
This that inspiration for the Moes and the Folks man
Shorty come and see his momma straight overdosin
...and this is the soundtrack
This the type of music that you make when you 'round that

[Hook]

[Kanye West]
God, how could you let this happen *echoes*

[Hook x3]

[Outro: Malik Yusef]
Our Father, give us this day, our daily bread
Before the feds give us these days and take our daily bread
See I done did all this ol' bullshit
And to atone, I throw a lil' somethin somethin on the pulpit
We took that shit, measured it and then cooked that shit
And what we gave back was crack music
And now we ooze it through they nooks and crannies
So our mommas ain't got to be they cooks and nannies
And we gon' repo everything they ever took from granny
Now the former slaves trade hooks for Grammys
This dark diction has become America's addiction
Those who ain't even black use it
We gon' keep baggin up this here crack music
Old 02.11.2015, 04:07 PM   #217
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Kanye apparently and dude explicitly said respect artistry

Kanye knew it was an Album of the Year award.

There is no "Artist of the Year" award... Also, didn't Kanye present the fucking thing, then run back on stage to troll behind Beck?

And I agree with NR. Beck is more of an artist in the traditional sense. Beyoncé's awesomeness has nothing to do with artistic skill or talent. She's a voice, and a look and a brand... she works with extremely talented producers, and that's why some of her songs have pushed the boundaries of pop. It was the glitchy chainsaw synths that made Single Ladies sound like nothing else on the radio, and Beyoncé had fuckall to do with that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2015, 04:12 PM   #218
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

My problem with jesus walks is on yeezus kanye said that song was just trying to get into church girls pants so there is that. Other than that i actually really liked that song and initially i was very interested in Kanye back in 2004.. however he really let me down when i realized the majority of his music is NOT like Jesus Walks and hey, y'all know im heavily biased bout Jesus yo..

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY POSTING SOME LYRICS, i will read them when i get out of work

Old 02.11.2015, 04:27 PM   #219
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
My problem with jesus walks is on yeezus kanye said that song was just trying to get into church girls pants so there is that. Other than that i actually really liked that song and initially i was very interested in Kanye back in 2004.. however he really let me down when i realized the majority of his music is NOT like Jesus Walks and hey, y'all know im heavily biased bout Jesus yo..

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY POSTING SOME LYRICS, i will read them when i get out of work
Kanye rarely ever deals with social issues anymore, however he used to quite a bit on his first two albums.
Old 02.11.2015, 04:41 PM   #220
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Kanye knew it was an Album of the Year award.

There is no "Artist of the Year" award... Also, didn't Kanye present the fucking thing, then run back on stage to troll behind Beck?

And I agree with NR. Beck is more of an artist in the traditional sense. Beyoncé's awesomeness has nothing to do with artistic skill or talent. She's a voice, and a look and a brand... she works with extremely talented producers, and that's why some of her songs have pushed the boundaries of pop. It was the glitchy chainsaw synths that made Single Ladies sound like nothing else on the radio, and Beyoncé had fuckall to do with that.
Beyoncé is more than a manufactured pop star. she actually recorded 80 songs for her album. and it wasn't only her ambition and perfectionism that were a part of what made that album great, but also her artistic vision. it's Beyoncé who wanted Rocket to sound like a D'Angelo song, ***Flawless to be Houston-rap inspired. and i really like the content of the album as well. there are songs which reveal the "darker" side of her relationship with Jay, as well as female empowerment, dealing with today's beauty standards, etc. not to mention she's a great singer. it's the best female pop album in years if you ask me, and i definitely don't mind it being declared the "album of the year".

Bey's album is a lot more interesting than Beck's in my opinion. his album was pretty much a watered down version of Sea Change.. but it's all about timing i guess.
61 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth