Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Internet dating
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2006, 05:14 PM   #181
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
No teeth? Where's your sense of adventure?
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 05:15 PM   #182
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
im just trying to avoid lawsuits from the flight attendant's union
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 05:22 PM   #183
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
In the interests of your well-being, I personally just tried that out.

The teeth are not for the feint of, er...

I need to sleep.
Old 04.10.2006, 05:26 PM   #184
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Very punny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 05:31 PM   #185
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
very painful! someone give this woman a bag of cottonballs...
Old 04.10.2006, 05:42 PM   #186
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
There was no efort to 'start shit', and I mean that sincerely. The insults directed at noumenal and truncated were unfair, in my opinion.

It is absolutely not right to suggest (as you did) that the one person's opinion is inferior, or that he or she is not to be taken seriously, merely because you have been using the Sonic Youth forum for a longer space of time. Do you submit to others merely because they have been on internet forums for longer? I'm sure you are intelligent enough to have better criteria than that, khchris?

Sorry, khchris, but re-read my post. Then tell me where I hurled insults. There were no insults contained in my post, just an expression of dissappoinment and an expression of opinion. Similar to the expression of dissappointment and expression of opinion that you have shown. That is surely allowable?

If you are allowed to insult people, then surely others should be allowed to defend them? No?

Yes, I did read the thread. Were you under the impression that it was a 100% serious internet dating thread?

I wanted to defend noumenal and truncated, yes. In the past though, I have defended people with whom I have never spoken a word, or even ones who I had argued with. It's not merely about friends. Although if noumenal and truncated are my friends, then I'm happy about it. What's so bad about that? You have spent years creating and maintaining animosity, you have to accept that sometimes opinions will be directed back at you.

I made the post not merely because of your words, but because of the fact that the yclash somewhat with the thread about 'new starts' that you instigated on the old board and because of your comment on this board about how umpleasant it is to be attacked. There is a certain amount of jarring there, is there not?

I would remind you that this is a deliberately very open forum, where we can all express ourselves. You know that already. In fact, you take advantage of it to state some very harsh opinions both of topics and posters. On most moderated forums, many of your own posts would have been deleted by moderators.

You have made it clear in the past that you consider my posts to be pretty much irrelevant, and that I am too insignificant for you. So how can you be dissappointed in me?

I could care who's at fault. The fact is that every single person who posts on forums (including yourself, khchris) posts in a thread with something off-topic. To suggest that you do not post off-topic (and indeed abusive) things is wrong.

Again, I didn't hurl any insults - I made some points based upon your comments. As you have done here. I can accept it, this is a forum, I expect disagreement occaisionally. But be honest with me - I did not 'hurl insults'.

My entire posting record shows that I am tolerant and unabusive. I have strong opinions on some things, but I accept that they are not everyone's and I always try to handle insults and critcism with measured response (see the 'overrated bands' thread if you don't believe me). I have never bullied anyone, khchris, and I believe that you are using that word because it's one that I myself have used against flaming (including your own) in the past. I dislike bullying intensely, I would not go in for it.

Trust me, if I wished to bully you I would have voted in your 'I am Cool' thread and insulted you there. If I wanted to bully you then I would have taken that chance. In fact, given your insults towards me on the old forum, I could have refused to speak to you or acknowledge your posts on this one, but I felt that the 'new start' idea was a good one.

I'll repeat from my previous post, if I may: I'm sure my opinions don't count, as I'm a newbie, or brainwashed, or part of a gang or a 'musical nazi' or my family deserve to die or (yawn) whatever.

The insults directed at Noumenal & %&^%(%^ were in defense. They came at me, I defended myself. Case closed.

What does "length of SY Board membership" have to do with the fact that:

Hip Priest, Noumenal, and (*&@#$ came onto this thread for the sole purpose of starting shit(that they obviously can't finish on their own)?

I was under the impression that this thread was about "internet dating".

I guess you must've thought this thread was the, "I'm going to start shit with the guy that insulted my friend". Dude, atleast you can comment on "internet dating" instead of looking like an obsessed freak.(gee...)

The problem with you backing Noumenal and *&(&^( is this: they started shit, I just defended it.

Think of yourself as "England" supporting the US Military invasion of Iraq. It's not right, but because they're "your friends", you made the foolish decision to enter an argument that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

I guess you have nothing better to do than to "play Big Brother", right?

Hip Priest, you don't look like "Big Brother". You look like someone bored to death looking for an argument, just like Noumenal and &%^)%*.

I can see how you guys get along so well. You all are bored, have no life, have serious ego-powertrip problems, and feel better when you have "numbers" behind you because you all are too weak to defend yourselves on your own, especially on shit you guys start.

Next.(yawn.)
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 05:43 PM   #187
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

what a killjoy!
Old 04.10.2006, 05:47 PM   #188
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what a killjoy!

Yeah right. Sapped all the fun out of whatever it was that was being talked about here.

Perhaps I could try and rectify it by saying 'cock'?

Cock.

There, I feel better if nothing else.

*Edit - It turns out it was about nothing, but was at least quite amusing, or at least more amusing than the umpteenth chapter of khchris vs anyone who says anything for any reason.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.10.2006, 05:49 PM   #189
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I think someone needs a hug.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 05:52 PM   #190
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
no, this isn't a good site to get online dates from, it's a great site to get online dates from.

noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 05:52 PM   #191
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
What are you doing here? Piss off. Shoo! Shoo!

If you're not being facetious, then you're even more of a dumb fuck than I thought.

Seriously though. We should get married. You said kiddies as well, like people in the west country do. Ace-core.

Quote:
Old 04.10.2006, 05:53 PM   #192
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
I think Noumenal, &*^%^*&$, and Hip Priest need something to do with their lives more than a hug.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 06:08 PM   #193
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
I think Noumenal, &*^%^*&$, and Hip Priest need something to do with their lives more than a hug.

Dictionary.com says: Irony

Quote:
Old 04.10.2006, 07:14 PM   #194
truncated
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Dictionary.com says: Irony

Haha!

We should indeed get married. We can exchange self-penned vows on the brink of a misty Irish bog, presided over, of course, by Hip Priest (should he agree to do us the honor). We will be naked as jaybirds, and once we have uttered our pact of unity, shall lead our careful selection of guests into the damp earthy quagmire, where we will perform ancient mud-bathing rituals to slough our souls clean.

After that we shall serve pizza and beer in my Uncle Dewey's backyard tent. The guests will be offered a phallic drink-stirrer as a wedding favor, accompanied by a T-shirt bearing the proclamation, "I got me some cock at the Glice/Truncated wedding."

Surely, eternal bliss.
Old 04.10.2006, 07:18 PM   #195
Glice
invito al cielo

Haha. Cock. I'm in Donegal in the summer, as it happens. Galway is it? You know that song? Oh, the old songs, sher, they'd melt your face, so they would.

I must insist upon Dave playing drums. I don't know in what capacity, but I did promise him recently that he was to play drums at my wedding. Which reminds me, I must stop talking to drummers.

Quote:
Old 04.10.2006, 07:19 PM   #196
Glice
invito al cielo

Obviously I meant Galway girl. I love that song.

Quote:
Old 04.10.2006, 07:28 PM   #197
truncated
invito al cielo

I'm not from Galway, I just go there often to visit friends. One of whom happens to be called Dave. He's not a drummer, however; he's a part-time plumber pursuing a degree in maths.

I did not promise Dave he could plumb anything at my wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Obviously I meant Galway girl. I love that song.

I've never heard it. Diamond Dave, minus the leopard-print?
Old 04.10.2006, 07:35 PM   #198
Glice
invito al cielo

"And I ask you son/ what's a fella to do/ 'cos her hair was black and her eyes were blue/ and I ask you son/ won't you give it a whirl/ and I lost my heart to a Galway girl".

I don't know who sang it, I think it's American, but I have heard paddies singing it. Ah, sher the songs, sher, they'd melt yer fayce.

My name's not Paddy, it's William, and I'd thank you to call me it, as my Grandad would say, apparantly.

Hehe. Plumbing.

Quote:
Old 04.10.2006, 07:39 PM   #199
truncated
invito al cielo

Get your mind out of the gutter.
Old 04.10.2006, 07:41 PM   #200
Glice
invito al cielo

I don't think it would be right anywhere else though.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth