Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Voice harmonizers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.10.2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
So I was at this open-air bar/restaurant and they had a solo guitarist providing entertainment. He was using a harmonizer of some sort to fill out the choruses of the songs he played. I asked him about it between sets and he was showing me how he could set what key the song was in and all kinds of other crazy shit that made his voice sound fuller. It was a fairly small component and he had it attached to his mic stand - maybe a bit bigger than a foot pedal but much thinner. Though I can sing in key, my voice is shit and something like this could help me when I play for people (in non-public situations). Any idea what brand/model this thing might have been or just something like it? I'd had more than a few beers and can't remember.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth