Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page "Christmas" vs. "Xmas"...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.03.2010, 08:02 PM   #41
mindbomb
little trouble girl

mindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's asses
I think Christ is still a major part of Christmas/Xmas as there are always people every year who say, 'Christmas/Xmas is too commercial and fabricated.' Then, of course they say, 'Jesus Christ is the real root of what Christmas has always represented'. These two statements have gone hand in hand for many years since the over commercialization of the holiday. Also, there are many many people and families who go to church once or twice a year for Christmas and Easter. So there you go.
On a related note: I myself do not believe or fully follow Christ. The only time I really was called to temporarily put faith in Jesus Christ in the last 10 years or so was at very particular desperate moments of fear where I had nothing else to call on to feel safe. Somehow, Christ was the answer in those rare moments. Why exactly that is, may be hard to define. However, like I said, I generally do not believe in Christ as a saviour even though I was raised to believe so.
Based on my own observation I have found that people who genuinely believe in Christ/Jesus as a saviour seem to have this part of their being that tries to get you to also share that belief. They may even try to convince you of it in a very suttle kind of way. I find this to be a kind of trickery on their part just to get you to think as they do. My own personal rules or law may not fully follow Christ but I have no problem with his existance even though I feel he has too much power in the world.
My point exactly as I just rambled on him for quite a bit.
Old 12.03.2010, 10:13 PM   #42
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
I don't worship santa so I'll take neither, thank you.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth