Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page best daily mail story ever?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.04.2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Vile-smelling foreign ladybirds set to invade homes this winter

By Daily Mail Reporter

As winter approaches, households around the UK will be invaded by a sticky and foul-smelling invader.

Harlequin ladybirds first arrived in Britain from Asia in the summer of 2004 and quickly spread across England and intoWales. They have been spotted as far north as the Orkney Islands.
Now scientists say their numbers across the country have dramatically escalated

The mini-beasts, which push themselves through household cracks as the weather turns cold, emit a yellow chemical when disturbed that stains walls and furnishings.
Called 'reflex blood' it is packed full of chemicals that give off a bad odour.

There are 46 species of ladybird (Coccinellidae) resident in Britain, but the aggressive Harlequin threatens many of them. Larger and spottier than native species they feed on other ladybird lava and caterpillars. A single female can lay over a thousand eggs

Scientists at the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH) are so concerned that they have launched the UK Ladybird Survey to track the invasion.
Ladybird expert Dr Helen Roy from CEH said: 'Their numbers are huge, particularly in the South East. They have spread more quickly than the grey squirrel ever did.'
They have asked homeowners who spot the species to email their pictures to the Harlequin Ladybird Survey website. Those with smartphones can text LADYBIRD to 83040 to receive a link to upload their photos from their mobile.
Harlequins do look similar to the native seven-spot ladybird, but only harlequins

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...es-winter.html

winter.html#ixzz0Vv9FmrUC
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
It's astonishing how an article about ladybirds still reeks of Xenophobia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 02:32 PM   #3
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome. It did make me cry with laughter when I read it. Accidentally, I've spotted a ladybird in my room yesterday, and left it there.
Old 11.04.2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
It's astonishing how an article about ladybirds still reeks of Xenophobia.

Only a mentalist would think that way.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Looks like the BBC can also be easily accused of "xenophobia" by mentalists. The key word not to use to avoid their asinine wrath is clearly "alien".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4348881.stm
Old 11.04.2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Only a mentalist would think that way.

Only a pissant would miss the opportunity to point out that the Daily Mail are slightly more racist than Jeremy 'I hate blacks, Jews and them bloody mussers' Clarkson.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 11.04.2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Looks like the BBC can also be easily accused of "xenophobia" by mentalists. The key word not to use to avoid their asinine wrath is clearly "alien".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4348881.stm

And it's precisely this sort of reasonable posting that's going to lead people on this forum to vote Tories. You are personally responsible for the imminent destruction of the whole of the UK. I hope you're happy in your reasonably tidy, neatly decorated ivory tower OF BLOOD.

Quote:
Old 11.04.2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Only a pissant would miss the opportunity to point out that the Daily Mail are slightly more racist than Jeremy 'I hate blacks, Jews and them bloody mussers' Clarkson.

You read the Guardian, don't you?
Old 11.04.2009, 02:48 PM   #9
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
You read the Guardian, don't you?

You know......nevermind.
Old 11.04.2009, 02:51 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

I'm sorry, did I come across like a simpering, yoghurt-weaving, pastafarian cuntwit buying organic fucking almonds imported from fucking Albania talking about how cultural my fucking fake dreads are because I once listened to a Bob Marley record and saw a black man playing a fucking bongo from my fucking stupid fucking car that's made out of pure cunt-for-brains fucking car-material? Because I really didn't mean to.

Quote:
Old 11.04.2009, 02:51 PM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
WTF is a ladybird?

at first, I read "ladyboys".

font size is small on phone, but it's good for a laugh.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 02:52 PM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Hahaha Charlie Brooker, you're so FUCKING urbane, I love how you state the FUCKING OBVIOUS all the CUNTING TIME YOU SHITCANDLE.

Quote:
Old 11.04.2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
WTF is a ladybird?

at first, I read "ladyboys".

font size is small on phone, but it's good for a laugh.

Move closer to the screen on your phone.
Old 11.04.2009, 04:10 PM   #14
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i remember one daily mail headline read:

immigrants are to blame for crime!

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 05:48 PM   #15
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Glice again.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 05:51 PM   #16
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
glice gets repped? since when?

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i remember one daily mail headline read:

immigrants are to blame for crime!

They are! So what's your point?
Old 11.04.2009, 06:37 PM   #18
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
daily mail island.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2009, 01:31 PM   #19
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks Glice your rebuttals are hilarious. I alway look forward to your posts.

Ladybirds are what we call ladybugs here in the states. It's rumored to be bad Voodoo if you kill one.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth