Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Skiesfalling EXPEP Mindbreaths (shameless self promotion)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.19.2006, 12:09 PM   #21
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
This is my third listen now.I can't wait to listen to it on even better speakers at home.It's normally a good sign.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 12:10 PM   #22
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Beautiful stuff!If anything it's too short.It seems like i've missed your music on the previous board(not that i posted much on it).Did you upload more on this one?I'll check out the site.

The stuff mentioned from the previous board was my old band Bella ('98-'01). I have ALL the Bella stuff up for free on the sonicsoundwave website. It includes our studio album, a live college radio set (my fav!), a live album from the Mercury (unreleased with decent sound quality), maybe one of our earliest live sets at Stubbs (not as good but pretty much unreleased, never recorded material, early still evolving material) and then the Cat Ranch jams (different drummer), our earliest first jams as a band (more for fun for fans who like our stuff enough to be curious as to where and how it all started and sounded in the early days.)

Yeah the stuff for Skiesfalling are all excerpts....not the full songs. We did have a shitload of stuff up prior that were just free jams. Traaaance Feedback here on the board (posts above in this thread) may have a lot of that stuff that we took down in some sort of file sharing. You might want to ask him if you're really curious.

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 12:12 PM   #23
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I'll sure do.Thanks.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:14 PM   #24
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I'll sure do.Thanks.

I'm glad you dig it!! Yeah good speakers turned up is the way to listen to this one er...well....all of it!

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 12:15 PM   #25
porkmarras
invito al cielo

I wonder if you dig a band called Gnac.Somehow bits of it(beware though,i'm listening through fairly mediocre speakers) reminded me of them.For the best of course.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:20 PM   #26
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
Oh man, earlier this year I had a bad virus and I had to reformat my hard drive, so I lost almost all of your stuff with the exception of a few stuff I burned on to cd, I was too lazy to download it again! I was quite dissapoitned when I found out you took all that stuff down, because I had downloaded most of it before, I even had it up on soulseek. Oh well, I hope you can put it up again some day, or when you become really big in the future maybe you can release that stuff or something.
sorry porkmarras, I could have really hooked you up with all that stuff.

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 12:23 PM   #27
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Aw,sorry to hear that.I'll have to give you negative rep for that trance feeeedback.Hehe,just kidding.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:24 PM   #28
porkmarras
invito al cielo

4th listen.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:26 PM   #29
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by trance feeeedback
Oh man, earlier this year I had a bad virus and I had to reformat my hard drive, so I lost almost all of your stuff with the exception of a few stuff I burned on to cd, I was too lazy to download it again! I was quite dissapoitned when I found out you took all that stuff down, because I had downloaded most of it before, I even had it up on soulseek. Oh well, I hope you can put it up again some day, or when you become really big in the future maybe you can release that stuff or something.
sorry porkmarras, I could have really hooked you up with all that stuff.

Well if it makes you feel any better some of that stuff will be on forthcoming EXPEP releases. Also some of the other stuff are songs we are working on, making them into more finalized versions vs free jam versions (which is how we write about 70% of our material).

I hope we make it big(ger) someday

skiesfalling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 12:28 PM   #30
porkmarras
invito al cielo

I sincerely hope so.I'm really enjoying this.I put on some Terry Jennings earlier but this has got me mesmerized.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:29 PM   #31
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
4th listen.

I do have the full versions up for magazine reviews but it's at a secret location. I would love for you guys to hear the full album, but it would make us even happier if those interested bought the cd

We are a young new band and we need love and nurturing to grow, meaning it would help us out even more if those interested bought the cd vs free downloads.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:31 PM   #32
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesfalling
I do have the full versions up for magazine reviews but it's at a secret location. I would love for you guys to hear the full album, but it would make us even happier if those interested bought the cd

We are a young new band and we need love and nurturing to grow, meaning it would help us out even more if those interested bought the cd vs free downloads.
Understandably.And as Heroic Dose already pointed me out towards the right direction that's what i'll do:i'll buy the album and the eps and whatever i can get.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:33 PM   #33
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well if it makes you feel any better some of that stuff will be on forthcoming EXPEP releases. Also some of the other stuff are songs we are working on, making them into more finalized versions vs free jam versions (which is how we write about 70% of our material).

I hope we make it big(ger) someday

whats funny is all the stuff I burned to cd is the bella stuff still up there!
I will definitely buy your stuff when I get the chance.

FREE TIBET!
Old 07.19.2006, 12:33 PM   #34
porkmarras
invito al cielo

And anyway,downloads tarnish the music more than anything.They are practical but they just take away the beauty of the artwork and stuff that's probably been said a trillion times before so i wont bore you with it.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:34 PM   #35
porkmarras
invito al cielo

5th listen and going.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:36 PM   #36
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

Quote:
Understandably.And as Heroic Dose already pointed me out towards the right direction that's what i'll do:i'll buy the album and the eps and whatever i can get.

Just to let you know I am Heroic Dose (a single human entity) and then I represent the band as skiesfalling....one in the same

If these sell slow we may even make these limited edition releases until maybe one day we'll get picked up by some lovely underground label where we can then compile all the EXPEP releases up to that point and make a full album out of it.

I think Sun Ra was channeling himself into our music that night because I can hardly play piano and it freaks me out how well that last song came out...hence why I called it Sun Ra Set'e.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:39 PM   #37
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Haha.Even from Saturn Sun Ra spreads his love on earth.I like to think that way.

Old 07.19.2006, 12:41 PM   #38
trance feeeedback
children of satan

Remember that part in men in black when tommy lee says "Elvis isn't dead, he just went home" I like to think the same about sun ra. In fact look at my location, I am with him right now!

FREE TIBET!
Old 07.19.2006, 12:44 PM   #39
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

Quote:
Haha.Even from Saturn Sun Ra spreads his love on earth.I like to think that way.

Strangely enough, once while on a raodtrip through the SE states we were in Birmingham MS (Sun Ra's birthplace and home) and we wre atthis jazz shop and they mentioned that his grave was at this cemetary down the road. We visited it and it was the anniversary of his death! I grabbed a flower off another grave that had wqay too many flowers anyways and they were starting to die as well, but I put it on his grave......maybe he was thanking me

Old 07.19.2006, 12:48 PM   #40
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Strangely enough, once while on a raodtrip through the SE states we were in Birmingham MS (Sun Ra's birthplace and home) and we wre atthis jazz shop and they mentioned that his grave was at this cemetary down the road. We visited it and it was the anniversary of his death! I grabbed a flower off another grave that had wqay too many flowers anyways and they were starting to die as well, but I put it on his grave......maybe he was thanking me
He sure was and possibly is a kind man.I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth